Wonderful Windass Wings Westward to Wicked Wednesday Winners!

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, probably all down to Windass, that.

:duntmatter:

Of course not but probably not pure coincidence either.

The fact we probably have a worse squad now than we did at restart doesn't help either. Don't worry, Windass will save us!

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can we only work on one deal at a time? I understand this deal may be complicated, though heaven knows why, but surely we could complete other deals while we wait to get this one over the line

I would hope we are working on other deals, just not going public on anything.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would hope we are working on other deals, just not going public on anything.

Me too, so why do we have to have a running commentary on the day to day whereabouts of Josh Windass It’s not like we’re all trembling in anticipation

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

Me too, so why do we have to have a running commentary on the day to day whereabout of Josh Windass It’s not like we’re all trembling in anticipation

because they have fookall else to say

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Me too, so why do we have to have a running commentary on the day to day whereabouts of Josh Windass It’s not like we’re all trembling in anticipation

Presumably because we are keeping quiet about any targets and there's nothing else to report on.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Of course not but probably not pure coincidence either.

The fact we probably have a worse squad now than we did at restart doesn't help either. Don't worry, Windass will save us!

I have no idea what you're getting so het up about.

Somebody asked about Windass' goalscoring record and I provided it. Not sure why that's got you so agitated!

I have no idea what you're getting so het up about.

Somebody asked about Windass' goalscoring record and I provided it. Not sure why that's got you so agitated!

I'm not agitated, I'm concerned that we only have 1 striker on our books - a striker who doesn't score for us regularly. With only a few days to go before the season starts we are looking to address this by signing a player a relegated side were looking to get rid of before their financial problems, one who isn't a striker as such and could only play 9 games for us as a bit part player when we were utterly dire last season. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not agitated, I'm concerned that we only have 1 striker on our books - a striker who doesn't score for us regularly. With only a few days to go before the season starts we are looking to address this by signing a player a relegated side were looking to get rid of before their financial problems, one who isn't a striker as such and could only play 9 games for us as a bit part player when we were utterly dire last season. 

Fair enough.

He scored at a decent rate for us in his brief loan spell though, don't you think?

Fair enough.

He scored at a decent rate for us in his brief loan spell though, don't you think?

A fair rate yes, but the fact he either wasn't fit enough or wasn't deemed good enough to regularly get into a side that couldn't buy a win was a concern. As was the fact his contributions only helped us to one win. He played really well against QPR and could easily have had a hat-trick but they were truly abysmal that day. His other goals came in his debut against the dingles and as a half-time sub against Derby in a game we had already lost. His overall contribution wasn't great. If you could say to me he will play 40 games this season and will keep up his 1 in 3 scoring record for us then great but I can't see it. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

paying 450k monthly dear me. Hardly points to us having much money to spend does it. 

Rumours that the reason for the hold up is something to do with how his previous transfer from Rangers was to be paid by Wigan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

ha ha I know what you mean, the way the local media are going on about Windass you would think we where signing a top class player that we are all so excited about signing. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Because the signing of Jason koumas is gonna come out of nowhere 

#GiveTheFansWhatTheyWant