All Or Nothing - Spurs

3 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

This is good. I think Mourinho comes across totally different to the miserable sod we sometimes see in interviews and press conferences. 

I never judge managers in interviews and press conferences, can you imagine having to answer the same inane questions 20 times a day? And having to give reactions to mostly, purely made up rubbish that lazy journos spew out daily. Or being asked to comment on sensitive or legal issues they clearly can't comment on but still ask again and again. 

I'm amazed everyone isn't like Jose or Big Nige, I know I certainly would be.

11 hours ago, dobbo said:

I never judge managers in interviews and press conferences, can you imagine having to answer the same inane questions 20 times a day? And having to give reactions to mostly, purely made up rubbish that lazy journos spew out daily. Or being asked to comment on sensitive or legal issues they clearly can't comment on but still ask again and again. 

I'm amazed everyone isn't like Jose or Big Nige, I know I certainly would be.

Agreed. When you see how often they answer the same question, day after day when they must wish they could be doing more pressing things, like planning for matches or on the phone trying to secure transfers one way or the other. 

Jose is generally very well thought of by people he's actually coached isn't he? 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

like a spoilt child, I’m going to see Daniel. 

24 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I wonder if there was more to that discussion than was shown? It seemed to end without any kind of solution. Rose threw the toys out a bit though.

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Not seen it but he always seems to come across as a bit of a bell 

I thought up until the end Rose came across ok.

He was open and honest, but then let the veil slip a bit towards the end.

Unfortunately, I think Danny Rose considers himself to be a better player than he actually is. For a few years under Poch, he was very good, but either side of that, not so great.

Edited by SiJ

On 07/09/2020 at 18:25, SiJ said:

I thought up until the end Rose came across ok.

He was open and honest, but then let the veil slip a bit towards the end.

Unfortunately, I think Danny Rose considers himself to be a better player than he actually is. For a few years under Poch, he was very good, but either side of that, not so great.

I thought Rose was a disgrace from the off, but yes it was so bad at the end. It wasn’t even what he said (up to the point where he mentions Levy), it was his whole demeanour and behaviour that was poor. 

The way he wanders into the room José is in with one earphone still in and asks for a word I found to be completely disrespectful. Notice how quickly José agrees and gets him in the room, respectfully. 

I also found it interesting that José didn’t sit behind the desk during the exchange, like he did previously with other player meetings. 

And then he gets up and leaves saying he’s going to talk to what is essentially José’s boss as he didn’t like what he was hearing. Absolutely terrible behaviour and I if was the manager I’d want him gone on that exchange alone. 

Compare that to how José addresses his ‘boss’ and it’s chalk and cheese. 

Although it has to be said him asking about Milan’s supposed interest to Levy was hilarious. 

I am really enjoying it so far. I’m actually surprised at how sound and approachable Levy seems to be. I like how he surrounds himself with the players by eating in the canteen etc. 

José is a top guy. The moment where he apologises for being mardy because his dog died was absolutely priceless. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Is there a more miserable and whiny millionaire footballer than Danny Rose ?

I think he's quite a pr1ckly character.

I dont have too much of a problem with a player wanting to leave and play first team football. The same people who are critical of him, would be the same slating Jack Rodwell for happily sitting on his arse and collecting his pay packet when at Sunderland.

You can be critical of how Rose went about things, but still.

I dont know, I get the sense that Mourinho had been given a heads up as to Rose and his situation/personality. Pretty sure Rose hasn't been happy there for quite a while.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think he's quite a pr1ckly character.

I dont have too much of a problem with a player wanting to leave and play first team football. The same people who are critical of him, would be the same slating Jack Rodwell for happily sitting on his arse and collecting his pay packet when at Sunderland.

You can be critical of how Rose went about things, but still.

I dont know, I get the sense that Mourinho had been given a heads up as to Rose and his situation/personality. Pretty sure Rose hasn't been happy there for quite a while.

Not a nice guy, he was at my school. Though he was coming across as being alright until that meeting with Jose and showed he still has that same attitude.

Jose is completely different to what I expected, he seems sound

Also I thought Ericson must have been a bit prickly and I thought there must have been something going on (wasn't there rumours about affairs etc?) but his interaction with Levy and Jose was quite interesting, very professional

• Like 1