All Or Nothing - Spurs

Jose's half time teamtalk against RB Leipzig...sort of sums up why he might not be up to it these days.

Was all about not conceding a goal, not losing the match...

The thing is, if you are crap going forward, then you will inevitably end up conceding.

Watching Spurs now and Man U under him previously, I'm not sure Jose knows how to coach a team offensively these days. They sort of pass it around aimlessly and hope for a mistake or lucky break.

Harry Winks has improved a lot - Jose

I must have missed this.

One of the most bang average players at a so-called top 6 side. Bloody awful. 

Seems like a nice enough bloke, but perhaps that's part of the problem. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Jose's half time teamtalk against RB Leipzig...sort of sums up why he might not be up to it these days.

Was all about not conceding a goal, not losing the match...

The thing is, if you are crap going forward, then you will inevitably end up conceding.

Watching Spurs now and Man U under him previously, I'm not sure Jose knows how to coach a team offensively these days. They sort of pass it around aimlessly and hope for a mistake or lucky break.

That's exactly what I was meaning in my post before about him being a busted flush.  He knows how to set a team up to defend (although seemingly none of his players want to do it any more) but his attacking plans are none existent.  His half time team talks are woeful.

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

That's exactly what I was meaning in my post before about him being a busted flush.  He knows how to set a team up to defend (although seemingly none of his players want to do it any more) but his attacking plans are none existent.  His half time team talks are woeful.

How do you know their woeful? Have you experience of sitting in dressing rooms listening to team talks at the highest level of professional football 

lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How do you know their woeful? Have you experience of sitting in dressing rooms listening to team talks at the highest level of professional football 

lol

Obviously not.  But I've seen and ready plenty about them.  His messages are wishy washy, at times frightened and super negative.  It's always about not losing.  Alex Ferguson used to say "we never get beat, we just run out of time some times" and he and his teams lived by it.  Jose made me scared for Spurs when they were playing Middlesborough FFS!

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Obviously not.  But I've seen and ready plenty about them.  His messages are wishy washy, at times frightened and super negative.  It's always about not losing.  Alex Ferguson used to say "we never get beat, we just run out of time some times" and he and his teams lived by it.  Jose made me scared for Spurs when they were playing Middlesborough FFS!

Different players respond differently. Perhaps José thinks this Spurs side were getting complacent and needed to be reminded? 

Don’t think you can read too much into it from an hour long episode. 

1 hour ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Thought it was obvious that he was doing that but apparently not?

It’s the impression I got. Plus as another poster has said, we see approximately 30 seconds or a minute of the team talks. It’s all edited down and Mourinho specifically asked for his tactics to not be included. 

How anyone can form an opinion and say José is a busted flush or gives crap team talks based on this documentary is absolutely ludicrous. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

I've just finished it and my god is Daniel Levy a kn0b.

At the end when Vertonghen is leaving after 8 years: "We've got you something to say thanks and all the best for the future, it's a watch, we'll get something engraved on it" lol

The chat he had with Ndombele was a joke.  The poor guy was obviously having a bit of a struggle off the pitch and the best Levy can come up with was "when I got told to quit school I said 'no way' and got all A's".  Yeah cheers Daniel, that will help me settle in England away from my family and friends.

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...