£500,000

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

What we paid for Winnall wasn't it. That ended up being a pap and bizarre transfer.

That was nothing to do with the fee paid...but the ridiculous wages we offered him.

Had we signed Winnall for £500k on £6-8k a week (still a 50-100% pay rise for the lad), we'd have easily sold him for profit at some stage.

But no team in their right mind was going to pay a bloke you couldn't trap a bag of sand £16k a week.

• Like 1

Unless I'm missing the point theres a heap of players that currently have no club and therefore would cost nothing (wages and signing on bonus aside, which would be applicable for windass too.) I dont think we should be spending a transfer fee on windass. We should be at least looking at those without a club who are a better, cheaper option first

Wigan paid £2.5 million for him 2 years ago (or should pay £2.5 million for him, I should say, seems like the final .5 is an issue). So still at 26, you would think he's going to have some resale value.

Not convinced he's the striker to fire us up into the Premier League - but we're so light in attack, and many of the freebies are going to be young lads who couldn't cut it, or old hands after one last pay day. So might be good to have in the mix.

7 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Unless I'm missing the point theres a heap of players that currently have no club and therefore would cost nothing (wages and signing on bonus aside, which would be applicable for windass too.) I dont think we should be spending a transfer fee on windass. We should be at least looking at those without a club who are a better, cheaper option first

We need 3 strikers so unless there are 3 available on a free who are all better than windass and all want to come to us then I don’t see how £500k is too much to pay for windass.

Edited by Bigger Guns

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

United have just bought a keeper for £18.5m. 

How depressing 

But the funny thing is they sold him 3 years ago to them for £1m that's a costly mistake by Shef f Utd.

They could have had Westwood for a few million. WTF:

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

United have just bought a keeper for £18.5m. 

How depressing 

I'd be depressed about it if we sold a player for £1M 3 seasons ago and then bought him for £18.5M!

Guest gizowl
5 hours ago, robowl4life said:

£500k is f.uck all in football these days. Happily have him for that. 
He came from Glasgow Rangers though you simpleton.

lol 

They owe 500k to loan arangers. 

Edited by gizowl

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's not football manager

I don't think any players in the championship should be less than 500k

never played it, saying with our current financial situation I dont think Windass has proved to me that he should be bought. Happy for him to prove me wrong though. need to make the right transfers this season

9 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

After Wilder sold him for £1m the season before! Just think how many players he could pay £40k a week to with all that money he’s spunked away 😆

he was out mowing the grass at their ground today pretending he’s Brian clough - he can do what he wants there to be fair.

hope wheels fall off at some point.

44 minutes ago, Hunter said:

never played it, saying with our current financial situation I dont think Windass has proved to me that he should be bought. Happy for him to prove me wrong though. need to make the right transfers this season

500k though? Bear in mind we sold João for 6

If the recruitment is right and fits in with Monk ect then 100%

Got to remember that other clubs like Brentford have set up a recruitment process to select the best possible players for the managers and at the moment we are looking at Windass because he is cheap. Shows how far away we are from them. 

5 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Are you mad!? Who else are you going to get with championship experience, who can bag a few, can play multiple attacking roles and seems to have that hunger when he plays... for £250k.

£500k is nowt these days in the mad world of football. You must live in a different world if you think we could get an equivalent for £250k. 
Honestly some of our fans are crackers. Moan we haven’t got enough attacking options then turn their knows up at players like Windass at most for 500k.

F.uck me sideways.

bad day at work?