£500,000

4 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I wouldnt pay 500k for Windass, 250k tops or just look for someone else. He isnt exactly irreplaceable 

Are you mad!? Who else are you going to get with championship experience, who can bag a few, can play multiple attacking roles and seems to have that hunger when he plays... for £250k.

£500k is nowt these days in the mad world of football. You must live in a different world if you think we could get an equivalent for £250k. 
Honestly some of our fans are crackers. Moan we haven’t got enough attacking options then turn their knows up at players like Windass at most for 500k.

F.uck me sideways.

Edited by robowl4life
  • Like 4

if  we can afford half a million then he's probably worth it if we cant then he's not ......i wouldnt be surprised if we cant but can perhaps see an undisclosed  fee somewhere down the line.......as the deadline gets closer theres going to be some gave and take in the dealings as some are desperate to get rid and some desperate for new players (on the cheap).

3 hours ago, robowl4life said:

£500k is f.uck all in football these days. Happily have him for that. 
He came from Glasgow Rangers though you simpleton.

lol 

Yeah but it's well known our limit is 350k!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Depressing considering the pigs have just splashed out over 18 mil on a keeper...

Not really, if the Blunts sign a load of crap at 20 mill a pop and get relegated I shall be far from depressed!

• Like 1

He's worth a gamble for £500k.

If the club are serious about maintaining their Championship status next season (why the hell wouldn't they be?!), they simply aren't going to achieve it, by bringing in freebies and loanees. 

I'm sure there'll be a bit of cash available. There needs to be.

So far, I'm liking our approach to things. Monk and his staff seem to be trying to get the core of the squad sorted, by utilising the free and loan market. But, especially in the striking department, we're going to have to spend some money.

We've only got Rhodes as a forward option so far. I fully expect we'll bring in a pacy, mobile striker on loan (or on a free) from the Premier League Under 23's. I don't think £500k for a player who can play in a variety of positions, showed some promising glimpses last season despite the shambles that surrounded it, and who is still at a decent age. 

I think that'll still leave us with the option to spend £1-2m on a genuine number nine. Monk will want a physical option, and whether that comes in the form of an expensive loan deal, or a permanent transfer, we aren't going to find it in the current market we're looking in.

If the club can successfully get through the window, revamping the squad, spending between £3-4m then they'll have done very well. 

Target the players available on frees and cut price deals early on...and then add that touch of genuine quality when clubs will be more willing to do a deal later on in the window. So far, so good...and I think Windass at £500k would be another shrewd move.

• Like 5