£500,000

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd be depressed about it if we sold a player for £1M 3 seasons ago and then bought him for £18.5M!

that £1m 3 years ago was obviously needed and helped them get where they are; and 3 years later they don’t mind spending £18.5m in getting him back. 

Progress 

12 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Wigan paid £2.5 million for him 2 years ago (or should pay £2.5 million for him, I should say, seems like the final .5 is an issue). So still at 26, you would think he's going to have some resale value.

Not convinced he's the striker to fire us up into the Premier League - but we're so light in attack, and many of the freebies are going to be young lads who couldn't cut it, or old hands after one last pay day. So might be good to have in the mix.

I think monk is looking at a similar style to what he had at Birmingham. 

We'll be looking for an upgrade on Nuhiu /younger version of fletcher, which means a Che Adams style player playing off the target man. We're looking at windass as hes a cheap option that fits the bill/remit. 

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

That was nothing to do with the fee paid...but the ridiculous wages we offered him.

Had we signed Winnall for £500k on £6-8k a week (still a 50-100% pay rise for the lad), we'd have easily sold him for profit at some stage.

But no team in their right mind was going to pay a bloke you couldn't trap a bag of sand £16k a week.

Do any of you watch Wednesday at all. Our  first control of the ball is atrocious  I thought we had forgotten two of the old-fashioned skills had literally been taken out of the game - trapping or controlling the ball at first touch, and taking throw-in's 

As for the flounce about paying £500k for a player, in modern times this is peanuts for a player. And don't write Wigan off completely. As soon as the Administration was announced , a side immediately stepped in to help financially -Wigan Warriors. And they play with an odd shape ball! 

33 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Do any of you watch Wednesday at all. Our  first control of the ball is atrocious  I thought we had forgotten two of the old-fashioned skills had literally been taken out of the game - trapping or controlling the ball at first touch, and taking throw-in's 

As for the flounce about paying £500k for a player, in modern times this is peanuts for a player. And don't write Wigan off completely. As soon as the Administration was announced , a side immediately stepped in to help financially -Wigan Warriors. And they play with an odd shape ball! 

Agree with you about the first touch etc the number of times we lost the ball because we couldn't control it straight away was ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Rogers said:

that £1m 3 years ago was obviously needed and helped them get where they are; and 3 years later they don’t mind spending £18.5m in getting him back. 

Progress 

Exactly, maybe the £1m they got paid for Henderson’s loan which in turn has helped them get to where they are today.

Now £18m for them is nothing after a comfortable prem season and if they do sell him I’m sure they will profit on him, something we could try sometime. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, marconi said:

Loads of freebies about now. Sorry but wouldn’t waste money on transfer fees.

Move on.

Absamondo..we shud have an extensive list of all 5he best lower league players entering the last 6 months of their contract..then tap up the ones we want..a bit like what juventus have been doin but on a tiny scale