Liam Palmer - top bloke

He proper means business with his academy too and will definitely make a top youth coach. Posted skills for kids to do through lockdown and always watched and commented encouragingly on the vids that people sent him. Good bloke and for the most part a decent Champ player.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Amazingly sad that on a thread such as this people post just to have veiled digs. 

This is society in a nutshell. Really really sad.

Here here...what is wrong with people. Great positive post about a pro giving his time to run and develop an academy. Would love to know what those having digs do to encourage development within grass roots football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Amazingly sad that on a thread such as this people post just to have veiled digs. 

Agreed

For what it’s worth I think he’s been great for the last couple of years. The arrival of Bruce seemed to coincide with a more consistent level of performance 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

It’s just ‘bantz’ Don’t worry about it...it wud be a borin forum if everybody just said how good wednesday are and all our players are best players ever🤗..just leave that to the usual 3 or 4 posters 🤣

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Some of the naff players that have been idolised on here, Semedo, Reda etc, and it's somehow fashionable to dig at the likes of Liam Palmer?

He's a solid, reliable and versatile championship player, a Wednesday fan and a genuinely decent lad.  Have a day off. 

So your havin a dig at semedo and reda..bit strange that

Now more than ever, we need players like Liam Palmer.

He knows the club. He knows what it’s about. He knows what it means to the fans. He’s focused on his future and keeping our youngest supporters involved and engaged in the midst of a global pandemic.

Whilst I understand people’s comments about his talent. His versatility is invaluable. At the drop of a hat he could play across the back for and across midfield and play comfortably. Rarely lets us down. No drama. 

I would genuinely like us to sign a new right back though, but that’s because I’d like another look at Palmer in centre midfield.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Bantz' is just a synonym for 'being a tw*t' really though, isn't it?

It's a thread about a player giving up his free time to help run a kids' football tournament and we've got 'supporters' desperate to jump in and take the p*ss out of him.

Bit weird when you think about it.

See my first post in this thread..are you classing that as ‘takin the ********’? Don’t you and yer mates ever have bantz in the boozer?

Great to see one of our players taking the time out of whatever schedule he has to give something back to the community. I have seen players from other teams do it in the past but good to see one of our own picking up the baton and providing a great weekend and experience for young kids. Well done Liam Palmer. 

Edited by Penfold
  • Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Now more than ever, we need players like Liam Palmer.

He knows the club. He knows what it’s about. He knows what it means to the fans. He’s focused on his future and keeping our youngest supporters involved and engaged in the midst of a global pandemic.

Whilst I understand people’s comments about his talent. His versatility is invaluable. At the drop of a hat he could play across the back for and across midfield and play comfortably. Rarely lets us down. No drama. 

I would genuinely like us to sign a new right back though, but that’s because I’d like another look at Palmer in centre midfield.

I like Palmer but what the hell does ‘he knows the club’ have to do with owt.? People also say 5his about good owd bully..what does it mean and why is it better than sumbody who doesn’t know the club?