Liam Palmer - top bloke

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Bantz' is just a synonym for 'being a tw*t' really though, isn't it?

It's a thread about a player giving up his free time to help run a kids' football tournament and we've got 'supporters' desperate to jump in and take the p*ss out of him.

Bit weird when you think about it.

As family, aren't we entitled to a bit of bantz?

:Chansiri:

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you play for a you4 local pub team and you’ve had a mare..missed a sitter..gave a pen away..and your all in the boozer after and all yer mates are sayin yer crap..is that abuse or bantz?? When did ou4 fan base turn into mega over sensitive fannys

is this jay from inbetweeners with the Bantz? 

very poor use of English literature as well may I add. 

instead of trying to give ‘bantz’ please take your GCSE’s again.... that’s is you ever took them initially. 

oh, it’s just ‘Bantz’ bruv don’t worry 😉 

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

is this jay from inbetweeners with the Bantz? 

very poor use of English literature as well may I add. 

instead of trying to give ‘bantz’ please take your GCSE’s again.... that’s is you ever took them initially. 

oh, it’s just ‘Bantz’ bruv don’t worry 😉 

Hi Liam..i said you are a good egg..but u are no roland nilsson..laterz..fam

Guest Bulgaria
12 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Did he teach the kids how to cross the ball

:duntmatter:

He did.

One landed in my front garden Sunday morning.  Preslav Borukov copped it right on his bonce as he was weeding my vineyard.

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you play for a you4 local pub team and you’ve had a mare..missed a sitter..gave a pen away..and your all in the boozer after and all yer mates are sayin yer crap..is that abuse or bantz?? When did ou4 fan base turn into mega over sensitive fannys

Having banter with your mates in a pub, who know you, know your humour, know your background, can see your facial expressions and body language and are your peers, and who can instantly reply with something equally as cutting, is completely different to slagging off a player who is a far better footballer than any of us could dream to be. I'm sure Palmer and the rest of the team have bantz, but then they can because they are all equal in footballing terms, are team mates and friends.

He is an International footballer, who has spent his entire career contracted to one club (he did of course go on loan to Tranmere), playing over 300 professional games in his career so far. I'm sure by the time his career is over, he will have played over 500 games, maybe more.

More importantly than all of that, he seems to be a decent human being, who is down-to-earth and has not forgetten his roots. He has now set up an Academy with the aim of allowing "boys and girls of all ages and abilities the opportunity to play football and develop their social skills.".

I love having banter. I will slag someone off to their face all day long - purely for humour, not for hurt - and expect, and receive, the same back. It's good humoured fun if done in the right way. Doing it online, where the recipient cannot reply, isn't banter at all.

We are all entitled to our opinions on players, but when they have done something good like Palmer has over this weekend, can we not see that for what it is and give credit?

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Amazingly sad that on a thread such as this people post just to have veiled digs. 

This is society in a nutshell. Really really sad.

Some people just aren't happy with their own lives so try to pull everyone down to their own negative mental state

Don't let them win

Stay positive and just laugh at their negativity!

BACK TO THE TOPIC

Well done Liam Palmer!

Owlstalk Shop

He's also contributed time and items to other local activities such as auctions and support events for charities.

But yeah let's use any opportunity to have a pop.

Usually by some foooker who isn't even in the top 10 on his shift rather than top 10 at a professional football club.

• Thanks 1

Liam does a lot of work for charities and the community. He understands the privileges that come from being in his position. He does it like he plays, quietly, consistently and with no fuss, just gets on with it, usually with a smile on his face. He's from a close family and he's great with kids. If only some of the only so called 'better players' that have been and gone in his time at the club behaved the same way.

Football wise: He's played several hundred games at this level, under different managers, many of whom have extended his contract.

He is a full Scotland international.

He's our Mr Reliable, he's one of us, yet many still take any opportunity to criticise?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

Liam does a lot of work for charities and the community. He understands the privileges that come from being in his position. He does it like he plays, quietly, consistently and with no fuss, just gets on with it, usually with a smile on his face. He's from a close family and he's great with kids. If only some of the only so called 'better players' that have been and gone in his time at the club behaved the same way.

Football wise: He's played several hundred games at this level, under different managers, many of whom have extended his contract.

He is a full Scotland international.

He's our Mr Reliable, he's one of us, yet many still take any opportunity to criticise?

Well put

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some people just aren't happy with their own lives so try to pull everyone down to their own negative mental state

And yet you chose to let therealist back in with a duplicate account didn't you? Other than obsessive negativety and illiterate posts he offered nothing constructive to this community before and hasn't since his return.