Liam Palmer - top bloke

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

See my first post in this thread..are you classing that as ‘takin the ********’? Don’t you and yer mates ever have bantz in the boozer?

No, your first post wasn't taking the p*ss.

If any of my mates used the word 'bantz', they'd never live it down, but then I don't hang around with teenagers or wannabe teenagers.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, your first post wasn't taking the p*ss.

If any of my mates used the word 'bantz', they'd never live it down, but then I don't hang around with teenagers or wannabe teenagers.

So what do you call it when you are all in the boozer talkin rounduns after a few sherbets? Anyway il leave it with yer..fam...innit

29 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Amazingly sad that on a thread such as this people post just to have veiled digs. 

This is society in a nutshell. Really really sad.

Particularly when he's achieved more than most ever will, financially and professionally. 

Whatever your opinion, he's a successful football player (takes a lot to make it as a championship footballer), who's very loyal to his home football club and puts something into the community. Yet people jump in with pathetic digs 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Just taken my football team to a kids  football tournament ran by Liam Palmer’s football academy. Was a 2 day event, spent mostly in the rain. Liam  was there all weekend running the show, engaging with all the kids and parents all weekend long. Whatever your opinions on him on the pitch, off the pitch hes an all round top bloke, couldn’t do enough for all the kids, was brilliant. Not a lot of  footballers this day and age are like this i would have thought, most of them wouldn’t give you the time of day let alone organise and run Something like this. Top man

Its things like that,that youngsters remember,glad to hear you and your team enjoyed your two day event.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

More than a few tho

Here we go..if you hate it so much why are you on here all the time?

37 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It’s just ‘bantz’ Don’t worry about it...it wud be a borin forum if everybody just said how good wednesday are and all our players are best players ever🤗..just leave that to the usual 3 or 4 posters 🤣

It's not 'bantz' is it. It's all the time. Post a thread on Palmer it happens, Pelupessy, Fox (now moved on) Wildsmith, Dawson, Da Cruz.

If it is 'bantz' is not very good or even funny. We know they aren't world beaters, we get it, we got it ages ago. They are all the best we've got in their position when they step on to the pitch. 

It would be nice if we could just accept them for what they are. If we can find better and afford better then fine we can move them on. We can't so we make do with what we've got and try to get behind them. 

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, prowl said:

It's not 'bantz' is it. It's all the time. Post a thread on Palmer it happens, Pelupessy, Fox (now moved on) Wildsmith, Dawson, Da Cruz.

If it is 'bantz' is not very good or even funny. We know they aren't world beaters, we get it, we got it ages ago. They are all the best we've got in their position when they step on to the pitch. 

It would be nice if we could just accept them for what they are. If we can find better and afford better then fine we can move them on. We can't so we make do with what we've got and try to get behind them. 

But we are no different to fans of any other club ever..stop trying to change the world..it’s just the way it is

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

But we are no different to fans of any other club ever..stop trying to change the world..it’s just the way it is

I never said we were. Why jump on the bandwagon for a cheap bit of 'bantz'. Seriously don't you think that it's past it's sell by date?

Guest Therealrealist

What bandwagon?? I said he his a limited footballer but a good egg...if you class that as avin a dig or givin him abuse I fear for yer..I’m not goin to say he’s a brilliant footballer..soz

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

So what do you call it when you are all in the boozer talkin rounduns after a few sherbets? Anyway il leave it with yer..fam...innit

Banter is an exchange of good humoured, often teasing, remarks. A group of mates in a pub, talking rounduns, with as much give as take, would be banter. One way criticism, in the pub or online, even if well reasoned and justified is not.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Banter is an exchange of good humoured, often teasing, remarks. A group of mates in a pub, talking rounduns, with as much give as take, would be banter. One way criticism, in the pub or online, even if well reasoned and justified is not.

So if you play for a you4 local pub team and you’ve had a mare..missed a sitter..gave a pen away..and your all in the boozer after and all yer mates are sayin yer crap..is that abuse or bantz?? When did ou4 fan base turn into mega over sensitive fannys

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you play for a you4 local pub team and you’ve had a mare..missed a sitter..gave a pen away..and your all in the boozer after and all yer mates are sayin yer crap..is that abuse or bantz?? When did ou4 fan base turn into mega over sensitive fannys

I'd hope nobody 'down the pub' refers to it as 'bantz' can't imagine anyone over 12 years old saying that word with a straight face.

Where I come from what you are describing is taking the p**s out of each other. Fine when it is light hearted with give and take, not sure that's the case with a few in this thread. 

There's enough threads about critical analysis on here, this thread is completely separate to that, the OP even acknowledged that fact in the opening post put suggested that should be put to one side in this instance. 

2 hours ago, briggowl said:

He proper means business with his academy too and will definitely make a top youth coach. Posted skills for kids to do through lockdown and always watched and commented encouragingly on the vids that people sent him. Good bloke and for the most part a decent Champ player.

Heard some good things about a regular soccer school he has been running recently, someone who uses the same facilities regularly and is not a Wednesday fans says Palmer hasn't just put his name to it, he is regularly in attendance and getting involved with training the youngsters. Good on him.