Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Simply not true. Our Season Tickets were just about the priciest in the division - that's something I looked at. As for Matchday - you are pulling myleg. We were expensive and even refused reciprocal pricing to bring the price down for our own travelling supporters. 

very true. 

it goes back a while, I remember going to see Liverpool v Monaco in 2005 Champs League (the Gerrard team that won it). I paid £22 

the weekend after I went to see the Owls v Stockport in league one. Kuqi played for Stockport - utter drivel. £24 

couldn’t work our what was going on there. 

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

One I prepared earlier, posted before. Last 6 years

Red is no parachute

Green with parachute payments

image.png.4d164cbc05e26c0162a9ccbdd6e2a1c2.png 3 teams done it clean in 6 years.

Well, that really nails it.

If you don't have parachute money you basically need to be lucky and/or break the rules.

We broke the rules but our luck deserted us.

Guest Mcguigan
7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Wolves and Brighton massively overspent and would have been FFP'd if they hadnt gone up

All the others except Huddersfield were being doped through parachute payments.

Wrong on both sentences.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So what. 

All we can do is get our own house in order and give ourselves the best possible chance. Rolling a dice isnt the answer

Well clearly as Wolves, Brighton Bournemouth and Villa rolled the dice and were promoted it can be the answer.

It can also be the wrong answer as us, Derby, BCFC have found out. 

The problem is clearly that parachute payments and the P&S handcuffs are incompatible.

1 hour ago, No Uniform said:

Whats that got to do with HMRC? 

Nothing.

Just as selling dodgy goods has nothing to do with HMRC.  Another organisation would be looking at it.  

25 minutes ago, GlossyOwl said:

Things to take away from all this:

1. We need someone to actually help the chairman. Good bloke, but needs guidance to not mess the club up. He’s sailed close

to the wind there and needs support. 

2. Charlton can pipe down now. This point deduction should have been applied in the 18/19 season and that’s that. It’s embarrassing that the EFL tried to wait to apply a deduction until we were in a place where they could potentially relegate us. That’s like waiting until someone murders 4 people instead of 1, so you can apply the death penalty rather than just a prison sentence! 

3. Is Sep Blatter a non exec Director at the EFL or something?? The EFL are making FIFA look competent....ish. 

Point 2 if it is could to be factual, could be called scandalous, not sure how this could be defended. Could the EFL carry on representing the clubs it says it supports? Maybe our lawyers will get busy on this one, it's as if their is a potential agenda against our club.

PL2 please, time to look after ourselves.

• Like 1

Just now, Nero said:

Well clearly as Wolves, Brighton Bournemouth and Villa rolled the dice and were promoted it can be the answer.

It can also be the wrong answer as us, Derby, BCFC have found out. 

The problem is clearly that parachute payments and the P&S handcuffs are incompatible.

Well i wont deny it doesnt make it harder, it will do. But it can be done.

We can moan about it but its not going to change, its outside the clubs control, what the club can control is our own planning, our own finances, our own board etc.... After that its down to luck to some degree like any other sport. I dont believe internally we have given ourselves the best chance.

27 minutes ago, Nero said:

One I prepared earlier, posted before. Last 6 years

Red is no parachute

Green with parachute payments

image.png.4d164cbc05e26c0162a9ccbdd6e2a1c2.png 3 teams done it clean in 6 years.

A club like Sheffield Wednesday should always be aiming for the Premier League but shouldn't be as much as an obsession as it is.

Yes I given the choice I would say yes to Sheffield Wednesday being in the Premier League but if the cost is charging mainly working class people highest ticket prices in the league, asking them to raid their life savings for bizarre membership schemes, risking short term future of the club then I would say no thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If you had a Don Revie managing you in the past, yes.

Otherwise you ain't going to land a manager like Bielsa.

Its no good moaning about who other clubs have attracted, we need to look at our own doorstep first

11 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Point 2 if it is could to be factual, could be called scandalous, not sure how this could be defended. Could the EFL carry on representing the clubs it says it supports? Maybe our lawyers will get busy on this one, it's as if their is a potential agenda against our club.

PL2 please, time to look after ourselves.

PL2 will happen at some point, I'm more than surprised it hasn't happened already to be honest.

18 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

“Just about the priciest..”, we either are or we aren’t?

As for matchday pricing, look at each individual clubs pricing for 2019/20 season, yes it’s expensive but we’re not alone, not by any stretch.

I looked at it a year ago - apologies if my memory doesn't run to the fact that we were the most expensive in most categories or a close second. 

10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I forgot I'd unblocked you. I don't have to do anything.

People have been telling us for years how great he is and how wonderful it was that he "had a go" and they've even excused the recent points deduction, the state of the squad and the fact we had to sell our own ground and laid the blame on the big bad EFL. Someone described him as the best chairman we've ever had. To me the overspending, the players we have, the ground sale, the points deduction don't result in a "polar view". They result in a realistic view on the state the club is in. 

Sorry, you must be an incredibly sensitive soul if you have blocked me!

I don't think there are that many that view him as the greatest and do not recognise that he has made mistakes, it is a polar view to blame him for everything regardless. Glad to read the statement he has put forward and that we will be raising an appeal. That doesn't mean to say that I don't accept that the club has made big mistakes along the way. 

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

PL2 will happen at some point, I'm more than surprised it hasn't happened already to be honest.

Think with the news of the EFL appeal it could hasten things along. They broke their own rules to try to cause maximum harm to one of their members why would you want to be part of that club.

• Like 1