LET'S HAVE IT!!!!!!!! PESSIMISM & NEGATIVITY

The EFL case is gone and no longer looming over us, we've got a couple of new signings with more to come. New coaches. We've played well before when we came under fire from abroad and took on this siege mentality. Let's make it Fortress Hillsborough 2.0; other teams will once again rue playing against us, and ffs, these god awful margins that went against us last season, it's time they were on our side.

Oh, wrong thread??

lol

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Be reyt. We'll stay up.

Relegation in itself would not stop my optimism, i'd still hope for a great season getting back up etc.

I'll never stay away from games - well apart from while we have to, and I won't boo a poor performance.  

It doesn't mean i'm  on board with things right now, I just see a club floating around aimlessly without any kind of plan.   I feel everything is strained between me and my club and I certainly don't feel it's a "family"

Edited by HarryPlopper
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol

They are mate, they're our manager and  players lol

That's the thing, isn't it?

I mean, we gleaned 4 wins from 23 with this manager at the helm.

It's like repeatedly going to the lavatory and failing to drop your trousers.

...and expecting a different outcome. Monkmanface

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

Relegation in itself would not stop my optimism, i'd still hope for a great season getting back up etc.

I'll never stay away from games - well apart from while we have to, and I won't boo a poor performance.  

It doesn't mean i'm not really on board with things right now, I just see a club floating around aimlessly without any kind of plan.

That's what has got me...however I think a plan may have been forced on us by the EFL...buy younger hungry players that we can sell as we get better...that will be a first 😎

4 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

It doesn't mean i'm  on board with things right now, I just see a club floating around aimlessly without any kind of plan.   I feel everything is strained between me and my club and I certainly don't feel it's a "family"

Well HP, if it is a family then it's a dysfunctional one. lol

11 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Old Isaac said that to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. 😊

We're doomed before a ball is kicked.

We have a manager who managed to amass 4 wins in half a season.

The squad - or what's left of it - has been ravaged.

To make matters worse, we begin this campaign on -12.

Based on the results of second half of last season, it will take Monk half a season to even overturn the points deduction.

Have a clear out of high earners which everyone wanted and it suddenly becomes A RAVAGED SQUAD 

Dramatic stuff 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Have a clear out of high earners which everyone wanted and it suddenly becomes A RAVAGED SQUAD 

Dramatic stuff 

As Plonk points out, this could well be our starting XI ...

...........................................Dawson......................................,.

...........Iorfa..............Lees................Dunkley.........Borner.........

..Odubajo.................................................Bannan......Harris.....

................Reach..................Luongo...........Dele-Bashiru...........

.................................................._................................................

3 hours ago, poite said:

Even when we get relegated to league one we will still have fans thinking the owner is doing a great job because we got to the play off final 5 years ago.

Are you really saying that for the first couple of years you thought he wasnt doing a good job?  I would find that very difficult to believe.

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Our best XI as the squad stands:

...........................................Dawson......................................,.

...........Iorfa..............Lees................Dunkley.........Borner.........

..Odubajo.................................................Bannan......Harris.....

................Reach..................Luongo...........Dele-Bashiru...........

.................................................._................................................

A sophisticated tactical twist will see our 3-5-2 switched into a 4-6-0, inspired by the successful Scotland sides under Craig Levein.

Our four non-ball playing centre halves will form a solid back 6, with the overlapping wing-backs, Odubajo and Harris supplying dangerous crosses over the head of _. Bannan can drop deep between our LCB and even further LCB to collect the ball and feed our midfield of Reach, Luongo and FDB. They can then look for the movement and presence up front of _, playing as a cross between a false 9 and and a false 10. Kind of like Schrödinger's forward, who kind of exists, but doesn't exist, befuddling the centre backs with his (lack of) presence.

Is this pessimistic enough?

We will go on to win EVERY game 1-0, leaving us with 126 points, win the League cup and the FA cup.

The gates will go up to 30k ave, because we are winning.😉

Edited by adelphi1867

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

When we are all optimistic and think this is our season, things always go pear shaped. So let's all be pessimistic and fear the worst. That's a sure sign things will turn out well.

You could be right there, we tried looking on the bright side of life in the 70's, it did turn out okay.....................................................eventually.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Those of you who are realists....................thats just one of them throw away comments for having a different opinion,no more of an understanding of what is going off to anybody else.

It's a matter of being able to see what has happened in the last 3 seasons and where we are currently at. I'm not going to give anyone abuse for having a positive outlook but in this case I fear they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

6 hours ago, the monk said:

Dramatic stuff 

Have we really had a clear out that everyone wanted though?

We've let a midfielder go who wasn't even around the club from late January onwards so not sure that makes much difference. We've lost the only striker capable of getting us positive results regularly in the past season and we've let Lee and Nuhiu go, probably the right time but hardly the 'big earners' or bad influences. Even now it is rumoured we are considering getting them back. W'eve also lost a loan player who was arguably our best performer in 2020 and lost an average defender who showed his best form this year. Oh and we've also lost Forestieri, I'm sure that will make all the difference to the dressing room morale.

We still have 12 or 13 players that Monk regularly picked in 2020 and couldn't get much out of. 

18 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Old Isaac said that to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. 😊

We're doomed before a ball is kicked.

We have a manager who managed to amass 4 wins in half a season.

The squad - or what's left of it - has been ravaged.

To make matters worse, we begin this campaign on -12.

Based on the results of second half of last season, it will take Monk half a season to even overturn the points deduction.

Yes but apart from the manager, the squad, the points deduction and being in rotten form for half a season, I think things are looking up.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Have we really had a clear out that everyone wanted though?

We've let a midfielder go who wasn't even around the club from late January onwards so not sure that makes much difference. We've lost the only striker capable of getting us positive results regularly in the past season and we've let Lee and Nuhiu go, probably the right time but hardly the 'big earners' or bad influences. Even now it is rumoured we are considering getting them back. W'eve also lost a loan player who was arguably our best performer in 2020 and lost an average defender who showed his best form this year. Oh and we've also lost Forestieri, I'm sure that will make all the difference to the dressing room morale.

We still have 12 or 13 players that Monk regularly picked in 2020 and couldn't get much out of. 

Yes, they say that the definition of madness is to keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome every time.

What has changed drastically from the second half of last season to fan the flames of optimism?

The bare minimum would be a change in management, and that will only happen now once it's too late.

Just like after the 'Udders debacle.

In that instance we tossed away any hope of promotion, in this any hope of survival.

We're going down.