Steven Fletcher to Stoke City

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Good player yes,  good attitude and good professional? I have question marks over that.  

If he was a good professional, he would have played for us after the restart.  That is what good professionals like Lee and Nuhiu did.

He's just another mercenary footballer looking for the next big pay cheque.  I'm glad he's gone.  We need less players with that attitude at the club.  

Yes I was disgusted he turned his back in our hour of need especially how we supported him through his frequent injury problems. 

I, and many others called it at the time.

He feigned injury and came off after a few minutes in his first game after the restart, whilst still under contract to us and never played again (wonder what the Westwood conspiracists think about that) 

Fletcher Robbed us so much its unreal

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

I, and many others called it at the time.

He feigned injury and came off after a few minutes in his first game after the restart, whilst still under contract to us and never played again (wonder what the Westwood conspiracists think about that) 

Fletcher Robbed us so much its unreal

He limped as he walked onto the pitch only to be subbed minutes later.  

He clearly didn't want to play for us did he?  Feigning injury?  certainly looked that way.  

Good riddance I say.  And some wanted him to win player of the season.  

Thankfully the fans made the right choice voting for Iorfa.  

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist

He owns 4 houses in dore apparently..well done swfc..giving out more money than the national lottery...wonder what all the the ex wednesday players who wer actually a class above fletcher..but only own one house in dore make of it..I’m talkin Sheridan..Palmer..waddle..suppose hirst but I’m not bo5hered about him anymore..and I’m counting whirlow as dore b4 anybody pipes up

3 hours ago, Jonestown83 said:

Fletcher will always be massively underrated by many on here mainly because he wasn’t all fancy flicks and tricks

I’ve actually seen some criticism on here blaming him for our goalkeepers choosing to aim goal kicks at him with him being one of the best headers of the ball in the league strange tactic that rather then letting Tom lees try and play out from the back 😕

he’s been one of the few that hasn’t gone missing over the last few seasons there’s been a lot of talk about the mentality of the squad been weak but people will slate the guy who’d quite happily get his face kicked off if there was half a chance it’d end up in a goal he picked up a lot of niggling injuries mainly due to this and spent a lot of the time on the floor because he’d gone for a ball he had zero right to win got there and often ended up winning a free kick after being cleaned out by the defender who didn’t expect him to be there 

fletcher should be the blueprint for any younger player we’re looking to try and sign to try get us out of the mess we’re currently in he played like he was a winner and never shirked anything 

think back to his debut can you imagine forestieri kicking off about needing to be substituted because he had blood weeing out of his face then played a week or so later with a gaping hole in his head if that was semedo or hutchinson the fans would be wanting a statue erecting 

Was that gaping hole in his head, where his hair used to be

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Such a money motivated move this.  Wow.  I know we understand it but Stoke over Celtic... wow.

Footballer in goin to club who pays him most money ‘shocker’...well blow me down with a feather and tickle my arse with sum wirewool

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Footballer in goin to club who pays him most money ‘shocker’...well blow me down with a feather and tickle my arse with sum wirewool

Well yeah.

Celtic... on the verge of their 10th consecutive title.  Champions League football but can't/won't stump up 18k a week and a 2 year contract so Stoke it is.

Not sure I can get on board with it.  ME personally...  and that means sod all dunnit?  Short career though isn't it.  He's got to think about his future (without selling his Lambo)

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Well yeah.

Celtic... on the verge of their 10th consecutive title.  Champions League football but can't/won't stump up 18k a week and a 2 year contract so Stoke it is.

Not sure I can get on board with it.  ME personally...  and that means sod all dunnit?  Short career though isn't it.  He's got to think about his future (without selling his Lambo)

FWIW..Celtic will not 3nd up in the cl imo..they have to get thru 4 qualifiers

9 hours ago, Penfold said:

Fletcher And Fox may do alright at Stoke but the truth of it is if I was a Stoke fan I would be feeling underwhelmed as neither were a cut above last season. I can’t see either of them getting in any side that is challenging near the top of the table. They were steady players in quite a poor team.

I’m feeling more optimistic with the signings we have made and the change around in coaching staff. Good luck to both of them though. 

If we’d had an outfield of 5 Fletchers and 5 Foxes last season, you don’t think we’d have made top 6?

Along with Iorfa they were the only players anyone named in our PoTY poll threads.

Fletcher is a superb striker who will strengthen Stoke massively. Their problem will be that he is likely to miss a chunk of the season. If they’ve a decent alternative (we didn’t), theyll be fine.

Fox will probably play pretty much every game. Strong, tenacious, good crosser, fit and good in the air.

We may yet replace them both with equal quality, but I very much doubt it. Though Dunkley for Fox is really promising, especially if we stick with 352.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Fletch can F off. Faked injury in his last match against Forest and then walked out early to get his dream move to ... Stoke, yes that’s right, Stoke. Just let that sink in!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
49 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If we’d had an outfield of 5 Fletchers and 5 Foxes last season, you don’t think we’d have made top 6?

Along with Iorfa they were the only players anyone named in our PoTY poll threads.

Fletcher is a superb striker who will strengthen Stoke massively. Their problem will be that he is likely to miss a chunk of the season. If they’ve a decent alternative (we didn’t), theyll be fine.

Fox will probably play pretty much every game. Strong, tenacious, good crosser, fit and good in the air.

We may yet replace them both with equal quality, but I very much doubt it. Though Dunkley for Fox is really promising, especially if we stick with 352.

No we’d have gone down. 5 left backs and 5 centre forwards is a terrible formation.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

No I don’t think we would. Both don’t compare with the BMW at Brentford or a Mitrovic etc. 5 of each player is also not realistic but if you mean their application and effort replicated through the team then we may have ended like Swansea did but that attitude wasn’t present unless you saw something I didn’t in the team last season. I agree with the rest of your post though. 

• Like 1

No sour grapes but fletch has never been a goal scoring striker until last season , always been a 1 in 3 1 in 4 man wherever he’s been including Scotland . Good physical player who gave his all for us but personally think hooper was better although a different type of player . As many have pointed out too he will never play a full season and at 33 he’s only really got a year or 2 in him surely at this level 

• Like 1