Feeling positive

I'm looking forward to the season. Its basically a season where we have to dig ourselves out of the hole we have put ourselves in or the Chairman's FFP friends have. I like the team on paper in terms of commitment and think Monk has got rid of the unsettling parties.

Funnily enough and maybe its just me, i can't get behind the idea that fans would someone think Chansiri's heart is back in it. And I'm not suggesting it ever wasn't in it but signing a coaching team to back Monk is one of the most basic requirements that a new manager needs and he needed it from day 1. Without it it just doesn't give him the tools to compete beyond an already existing and possibly stale combination of Bullen and Weaver. Then the signing of a defender from Wigan on a free who I genuinely like and think is a good signing isn't enough for me to have my belly tickled and think oh maybe he likes us again and we are a well run club. Again these are basic requirements and a club in our situation needs to recruit bloody well otherwise we'll be in League 1 next season. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I'm looking forward to the season. Its basically a season where we have to dig ourselves out of the hole we have put ourselves in or the Chairman's FFP friends have. I like the team on paper in terms of commitment and think Monk has got rid of the unsettling parties.

Funnily enough and maybe its just me, i can't get behind the idea that fans would someone think Chansiri's heart is back in it. And I'm not suggesting it ever wasn't in it but signing a coaching team to back Monk is one of the most basic requirements that a new manager needs and he needed it from day 1. Without it it just doesn't give him the tools to compete beyond an already existing and possibly stale combination of Bullen and Weaver. Then the signing of a defender from Wigan on a free who I genuinely like and think is a good signing isn't enough for me to have my belly tickled and think oh maybe he likes us again and we are a well run club. Again these are basic requirements and a club in our situation needs to recruit bloody well otherwise we'll be in League 1 next season. 

If he didn't care he wouldn't have gone out and backed Monk by bringing in Beattie and co.

DC has made mistakes and we are paying for it but we can't keep beating him with a stick. We have to try and get over it and move on

• Like 3

Just now, IWEDFM said:

If he didn't care he wouldn't have gone out and backed Monk by bringing in Beattie and co.

DC has made mistakes and we are paying for it but we can't keep beating him with a stick. We have to try and get over it and move on

I don't think he doesn’t care. I think he cares massively and he still got us in this situation. So I don't believe it is a the issue. It's more worrying that things have transpired as they have through lack of experience, inability to cooperate and take knowledge on board and arrogance. We sit at the bottom of the table on minus 12 so I will not forgive him for that. I fully back the players though and hope we can create a miracle this season. That's what it will take. I don't know if it's twigged with some yet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I fully back the players though and hope we can create a miracle this season. That's what it will take. I don't know if it's twigged with some yet. 

See it's rocking a bit already.

I think low expectations will work in our favor this season. After the play off seasons we got too confident and thought our squad was better than it was and as a result our expectations went through the roof

Striving for safety this season will keep us grounded. Anything more is a bonus

• Like 1

Always best to have a positive outlook if you want to stay (relatively) sane. Being a fan of Sheffield Wednesday really can put you to the test though. The last few weeks of nothing but bad news have been hard, especially reading some of the constant negativity and sniping at all things Wednesday by some of our so called support. 

Signs are a wind of change is blowing though. Keep it going Wednesday I already have an increase in the positivity factor over the last 48 hours. A couple of strikers would improve it no end now, and something else. How about an outgoing transfer or two to put a few millions in the kitty. That would really convince me lessons have been learned and we’re going in the right direction. 

• Like 2

I absolutely fuckinglove Wednesday. It’s days like today with a new potential hero that makes you buzz and want to be back cheering them on and watching them do their stuff. 

Love it. 

-12...... fizz em.

Lets have it!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

I was dreading this season but after Monk brought in his own coaching staff and the signing of DunkIey I feel far more confident

It's amazing what 48 hours can do but this goes to prove that DC heart is still in it as he didn't have to back Monk and could have kept the coaching staff as it were without further additions but he's come out and backed Monk. I was calling for his head after the second half of last season but he's not going anywhere so all we can do is get behind him. He might suprise us. In a way he's got nothing to lose as we're a good bet to get relegated with the point deduction so it could work in our favour to some extent

As for DC, hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and the 12 point deduction is the kick up the backside he needed 

We are still short in most areas and need at least 2-3 strikers but some confidence has been restored. I was dreading the new season but things are slowing starting to fall into place

This is not a rallying call but let's try to be positive for a change

I wasn’t but I am now!

smaller fitter leaner squad! 

• Love 1