Feeling positive

We have still  got the same manager that led us triumphantly to second bottom of the form table after christmas. Oh and Tuna Boy is still in charge, so I will only feel positive if I lick a battery.

Sorry to be a negative ninny but next season is shaping up to be an absolute car crash unfortunately.

All the be reyts are wetting themselves over a kid from Man City a centre half from Wigan and some winger from Uddersfield.

Chansiri had the opportunity to clear the decks totally, get in a decent manager (Pearson would have been perfect) instead I fear that hes made the wrong call (again) by backing Monk but hey ho its his money that he's burning through.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

We have still  got the same manager that led us triumphantly to second bottom of the form table after christmas. Oh and Tuna Boy is still in charge, so I will only feel positive if I lick a battery.

Sorry to be a negative ninny but next season is shaping up to be an absolute car crash unfortunately.

All the be reyts are wetting themselves over a kid from Man City a centre half from Wigan and some winger from Uddersfield.

Chansiri had the opportunity to clear the decks totally, get in a decent manager (Pearson would have been perfect) instead I fear that hes made the wrong call (again) by backing Monk but hey ho its his money that he's burning through.

Pearson has said numerous times he won't ever manage us. So he's not an option. Nobody is wetting themselve about anything. If positive fans are be reyts, what are you, a be wrong?lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I was dreading this season but after Monk brought in his own coaching staff and the signing of DunkIey I feel far more confident

It's amazing what 48 hours can do but this goes to prove that DC heart is still in it as he didn't have to back Monk and could have kept the coaching staff as it were without further additions but he's come out and backed Monk. I was calling for his head after the second half of last season but he's not going anywhere so all we can do is get behind him. He might suprise us. In a way he's got nothing to lose as we're a good bet to get relegated with the point deduction so it could work in our favour to some extent

As for DC, hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and the 12 point deduction is the kick up the backside he needed 

We are still short in most areas and need at least 2-3 strikers but some confidence has been restored. I was dreading the new season but things are slowing starting to fall into place

This is not a rallying call but let's try to be positive for a change

It's crazy, but Dunkley is Monk's first signing

Yet some of our fan base have already made up their minds that Monk has to go

There's a mammoth task to be done here, and it's only this week that Monk has been allowed to bring his staff in, and sign a player

I don't care who you are, what your job is, if you're asked  to do a job without your own tools, you're on an hiding to nothing

I'm a Monk fan (a monkee)

I don't see how anyone can be judged when they've been working without the proper tools

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I think low expectations will work in our favor this season. After the play off seasons we got too confident and thought our squad was better than it was and as a result our expectations went through the roof

Striving for safety this season will keep us grounded. Anything more is a bonus

lower than a snake,on a submarine,wearing a Top Hat?

9 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's crazy, but Dunkley is Monk's first signing

Yet some of our fan base have already made up their minds that Monk has to go

There's a mammoth task to be done here, and it's only this week that Monk has been allowed to bring his staff in, and sign a player

I don't care who you are, what your job is, if you're asked  to do a job without your own tools, you're on an hiding to nothing

I'm a Monk fan (a monkee)

I don't see how anyone can be judged when they've been working without the proper tools

Pelupessy was Monks first (re)signing. 

Says it all. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

If he didn't care he wouldn't have gone out and backed Monk by bringing in Beattie and co.

DC has made mistakes and we are paying for it but we can't keep beating him with a stick. We have to try and get over it and move on

Think we have to be positive, we need to get behind the players (when we can) and stop this constant negativity. Not happy clapping but some average teams perform well with a bit of belief and support.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how I feel about it all? I didn’t see that much progress from playing 3-5-2. If the quality of full-backs was a problem in a flat back 4 then it’s the same with the wing-backs.

Playing Odubajo is a risk and I’m not sure it’s worth taking? Penney might be a good fit but we don’t know for sure? Essentially we’re looking at playing wingers as wing-backs which may work but at the same time may not?

Getting the balance right with the midfield 3 looked as big a problem as getting it right with the 4? I think getting the best out of Bannan is crucial but I fear we’ve flogged this particular horse to death and we might have to look to the future now but given the situation we find ourselves in with the points deduction it’s a gamble either way?

TBH I think this season is going to be a good dream or an absolute nightmare, no inbetweens? 

Though in the first case scenario someone is going to make themselves an hero and believe it or not that hero could be Rhodes?