Feeling positive

We were stale. Coaches and playing staff. Some has been’s, some never been’s and some never will been’s. Now we’ve got a proper coaching team rather than a cobbled together group of individuals we might see some progress. Add a few fresh hungry youngsters and who knows ? 

• Like 1

First 2 signings has shown me that recruitment are starting to understand the correct market we need to get involved in. Plenty of clubs aim for potential and something to prove players that help achieve success.

That and fresh look to coaching team, good start to the rebuild. Strikers and wing backs are going to be key focus now surely.

14 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I was dreading this season but after Monk brought in his own coaching staff and the signing of DunkIey I feel far more confident

It's amazing what 48 hours can do but this goes to prove that DC heart is still in it as he didn't have to back Monk and could have kept the coaching staff as it were without further additions but he's come out and backed Monk. I was calling for his head after the second half of last season but he's not going anywhere so all we can do is get behind him. He might suprise us. In a way he's got nothing to lose as we're a good bet to get relegated with the point deduction so it could work in our favour to some extent

As for DC, hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and the 12 point deduction is the kick up the backside he needed 

We are still short in most areas and need at least 2-3 strikers but some confidence has been restored. I was dreading the new season but things are slowing starting to fall into place

This is not a rallying call but let's try to be positive for a change

I agree with everything there.. however what’s wrong a rallying call.. this is our club. We should support it.. cause it’s ours

14 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I was dreading this season but after Monk brought in his own coaching staff and the signing of DunkIey I feel far more confident

It's amazing what 48 hours can do but this goes to prove that DC heart is still in it as he didn't have to back Monk and could have kept the coaching staff as it were without further additions but he's come out and backed Monk. I was calling for his head after the second half of last season but he's not going anywhere so all we can do is get behind him. He might suprise us. In a way he's got nothing to lose as we're a good bet to get relegated with the point deduction so it could work in our favour to some extent

As for DC, hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and the 12 point deduction is the kick up the backside he needed 

We are still short in most areas and need at least 2-3 strikers but some confidence has been restored. I was dreading the new season but things are slowing starting to fall into place

I'm not quite there yet in the positive stakes, but I am feeling a little more optimistic. I said earlier a bit like you a proper bustling ball winner for midfield and target man and quick young striker to play off whomever it may be and I'll certainly be feeling far more positive of our chances. 

Good that Monk's got some coaches in, hopefully they'll make a difference, but the playing staff is still so undermanned that we're in for a really hard time.

GK: Dawson and Wildsmith are both very inconsistent and Westwood is presumably frozen out for antoher year.
CB: Is actually reasonably well stocked. Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Dunkley, Palmer and.. van Aken.
RWB: Odubajo, who is still a concern. And Urhoghide, who's barely kicked a ball.
LWB: Penney, still unproven, almost relegated from Bundes2. Reach? Who's awful there. Harris who doesn't really have any defensive qualities.
CM: Bannan, Luongo, Pessy, Hunt and Dele-Bashiru. FDB looks good, but he is still a 19 year old with no appearances for anyone. I guess Reach is a backup.

ST: Rhodes.. and that's it.

We are hugely weaker pretty much all over the pitch compared to last season, and that was hardly stellar.
We scored 58 goals last season.. the players who scored 36 of those have left.

To me we need to sign starters at RWB and LWB. A starting CM, preferably a defensive minded one.. and at least 3 strikers, 2 who are good enough to start.
And this is a problem of Monk's own making. If he can't replenish the squad to even the level it was at then he has to shoulder the blame.

• Like 1

Only takes a couple of wins and couple defeats by other teams and half way on catching up. We lost more than 12 points in games we chucked away in last minutes last season so 12 is nowt.. Didn't another team get a points deduction and end up in playoffs a few seasons back. Could be our year with no expectations. 

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Only takes a couple of wins and couple defeats by other teams and half way on catching up. We lost more than 12 points in games we chucked away in last minutes last season so 12 is nowt.. Didn't another team get a points deduction and end up in playoffs a few seasons back. Could be our year with no expectations. 

"no expecations"

"we could make the play-offs!" :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Good that Monk's got some coaches in, hopefully they'll make a difference, but the playing staff is still so undermanned that we're in for a really hard time.

GK: Dawson and Wildsmith are both very inconsistent and Westwood is presumably frozen out for antoher year.
CB: Is actually reasonably well stocked. Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Dunkley, Palmer and.. van Aken.
RWB: Odubajo, who is still a concern. And Urhoghide, who's barely kicked a ball.
LWB: Penney, still unproven, almost relegated from Bundes2. Reach? Who's awful there. Harris who doesn't really have any defensive qualities.
CM: Bannan, Luongo, Pessy, Hunt and Dele-Bashiru. FDB looks good, but he is still a 19 year old with no appearances for anyone. I guess Reach is a backup.

ST: Rhodes.. and that's it.

We are hugely weaker pretty much all over the pitch compared to last season, and that was hardly stellar.
We scored 58 goals last season.. the players who scored 36 of those have left.

To me we need to sign starters at RWB and LWB. A starting CM, preferably a defensive minded one.. and at least 3 strikers, 2 who are good enough to start.
And this is a problem of Monk's own making. If he can't replenish the squad to even the level it was at then he has to shoulder the blame.

Good stat that 're goal scorers. This looks like the problem area, just hope Beattie has some players up his sleeve. But positive dealings so far.

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

It's Monk's fault that the club couldn't re-sign Fletcher and Fox, Lee not being at his previous level, Forestieri being an expensive and troublesome part-timer, Winnall being no good, Nuhiu continuing to be a backup option, let Hooper and Joao go without replacing them, and that the loan deals all came to an end? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/08/2020 at 21:01, hasthagotanycheese said:

We have still  got the same manager that led us triumphantly to second bottom of the form table after christmas. Oh and Tuna Boy is still in charge, so I will only feel positive if I lick a battery.

Sorry to be a negative ninny but next season is shaping up to be an absolute car crash unfortunately.

All the be reyts are wetting themselves over a kid from Man City a centre half from Wigan and some winger from Uddersfield.

Chansiri had the opportunity to clear the decks totally, get in a decent manager (Pearson would have been perfect) instead I fear that hes made the wrong call (again) by backing Monk but hey ho its his money that he's burning through.

YAWN......how many more  times do we have to read this ?NO Chairman or Manager, can 'clear the decks totally' it would be a recipe for certain Relegation,let alone when we face the season start in a matter of weeks,with a points deduction.Players coming in,without a pre season,'new'Manager. the same......Pearson has said enough times he doesnt want to Manage in the City where he lives.but still his name is referenced over,& over.

Move on FFS,if Monk had left/been sacked we would now be starting the Next season very probably with Bullen in charge,thats the real reality,instead of coaching the under 23s...If your looking for the 'Messiah' its Church you need,not S6.Look who has been appointed at other Championship Clubs who have parted company with their Manager....

I suppose you are one of those who still think Bruce was the dogs bo**ocks? despite his 18 games not even getting us to the Play offs,let alone Promotion...FAILED didnt he?  & then left......

None of us are 'wetting ourselves' but we see,'green shoots' of a recovery in the  new signings,and maybe a glimmer of hope that the tide will begin to turn at our Club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

YAWN......how many more  times do we have to read this ?NO Chairman or Manager, can 'clear the decks totally' it would be a recipe for certain Relegation,let alone when we face the season start in a matter of weeks,with a points deduction.Players coming in,without a pre season,'new'Manager. the same......Pearson has said enough times he doesnt want to Manage in the City where he lives.but still his name is referenced over,& over.

Move on FFS,if Monk had left/been sacked we would now be starting the Next season very probably with Bullen in charge,thats the real reality,instead of coaching the under 23s...If your looking for the 'Messiah' its Church you need,not S6.Look who has been appointed at other Championship Clubs who have parted company with their Manager....

I suppose you are one of those who still think Bruce was the dogs bo**ocks? despite his 18 games not even getting us to the Play offs,let alone Promotion...FAILED didnt he?  & then left......

None of us are 'wetting ourselves' but we see,'green shoots' of a recovery in the  new signings,and maybe a glimmer of hope that the tide will begin to turn at our Club.

Time will tell. Hope you are right. 

I see absolutely no green shoots of recovery, just a desolate landscape of f**kwittery and incompetence right from the very top of our club.

But hey you keep clapping along with the rest of the be reyts.

Following Wednesday for over 40 years, Ive come to realize that if it can go wrong at our club then it generally will.

On 13/08/2020 at 18:26, IWEDFM said:

Not saying we should be ‘happy clappers’ but any negativity should be kept for social media and not heard at games.

Fans have an important role to play, to help create a positive environment for players to play to their best, without being poo scared of making a mistake - especially the younger ones.

The only negative that should be heard at S6 next season is a loud chant at every game that the football league is corrupt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Time will tell. Hope you are right. 

I see absolutely no green shoots of recovery, just a desolate landscape of f**kwittery and incompetence right from the very top of our club.

But hey you keep clapping along with the rest of the be reyts.

Following Wednesday for over 40 years, Ive come to realize that if it can go wrong at our club then it generally will.

Mate,Your not doing yourself any favours with your post style.......nor are you the only Wednesdayfan/supporter with 'plenty of time in' 57 years following the Owls in my case,...(ime 63) I agree with you re the 'State of our Club'(how could anyone differ?) but labeling people as 'be Reyts' because they have a different view is insulting(and not funny TBH)...

And NO i wont 'keep clapping' because i call out the failings,as do you,I just dont agree there isnt a reason for some optimism in the coming season.Time will indeed tell...

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Mate,Your not doing yourself any favours with your post style.......nor are you the only Wednesdayfan/supporter with 'plenty of time in' 57 years following the Owls in my case,...(ime 63) I agree with you re the 'State of our Club'(how could anyone differ?) but labeling people as 'be Reyts' because they have a different view is insulting(and not funny TBH)...

And NO i wont 'keep clapping' because i call out the failings,as do you,I just dont agree there isnt a reason for some optimism in the coming season.Time will indeed tell...

This is a forum. Ive got an opinion and you have got an opinion they are different. Expressing those opinions are what the forum is for.

I'm not your mate and I dont need to do myself any favours. If you dont like my posting style then I suggest that you report me to the mods rather than posting your sanctimonious faux outrage on here. 

For what its worth, I think that DC has dropped yet another almighty clanger backing Monk and there are no green shoots of recovery.  If I'm wrong and we are pootling along in mid table by the end of the year, I'll be more than happy to come on here and admit that I was wrong and you were in the right.

Peace and love.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

This is a forum. Ive got an opinion and you have got an opinion they are different. Expressing those opinions are what the forum is for.

I'm not your mate and I dont need to do myself any favours. If you dont like my posting style then I suggest that you report me to the mods rather than posting your sanctimonious faux outrage on here. 

For what its worth, I think that DC has dropped yet another almighty clanger backing Monk and there are no green shoots of recovery.  If I'm wrong and we are pootling along in mid table by the end of the year, I'll be more than happy to come on here and admit that I was wrong and you were in the right.

Peace and love.

Your not my mate,glad we got that sorted than...,Theres no outrage from me,'faux' or otherwise,yes its a forum....you can have a different opinion,without insulting the opinion of others...just takes a little more thought....not about whether ime right or your wrong,peoples opinions are just that opinions....and we are all entitled to have one.I commented on your post style,& i stand by it....No need whatsoever to ridicule those who are of a different opinion....(so i haven't...!) as i said in my previous post,i agreed with much of your post,just not the way you choose to make it.....

Your not my mate,glad we got that sorted than...,Theres no outrage from me,'faux' or otherwise,yes its a forum....you can have a different opinion,without insulting the opinion of others...just takes a little more thought....not about whether ime right or your wrong,peoples opinions are just that opinions....and we are all entitled to have one.I commented on your post style,& i stand by it....No need whatsoever to ridicule those who are of a different opinion....(so i haven't...!) as i said in my previous post,i agreed with much of your post,just not the way you choose to make it.....

Actually just realised i put 'YAWN' on the post of another,so probably guilty of what i said 'hasthagotanycheese' had done....belated red face than all round....Ime not a hypocrite

As I said before if you dont like the style then you are free to complain to the mods, so please fill your boots. There cant be much up with what Ive posted or the mods would have pulled me. Be Reyts is a term thats been used thousands of times on here before. No worries about the Yawn on your post, fair play to you for holding your hand up. Lets just hope that you are right and I'm wrong about where things are heading. Nobody would be more pleased than me to see us wipe the 12 point deficit out in 4 games and go storming up the league, however nothing in Garry Monks track record over the last 8 months or indeed his entire managerial career suggests that sort of thing is going to happen. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

As I said before if you dont like the style then you are free to complain to the mods, so please fill your boots. There cant be much up with what Ive posted or the mods would have pulled me. Be Reyts is a term thats been used thousands of times on here before. No worries about the Yawn on your post, fair play to you for holding your hand up. Lets just hope that you are right and I'm wrong about where things are heading. Nobody would be more pleased than me to see us wipe the 12 point deficit out in 4 games and go storming up the league, however nothing in Garry Monks track record over the last 8 months or indeed his entire managerial career suggests that sort of thing is going to happen. 

WAWAW..

• Love 1

some of you lot never learn, it will be a season of misery, we wont threaten to get out of the bottom 3 at any time. Saturday's will be a day of desperation and we will be down by easter, or......

I don't see much in Monk's previous work to suggest we have a good season, and good is staying up by the skin of our teeth!