Eddie Howe anyone?

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

No thanks his time at Burnley and how he treated young players. Not for me.

Dont think you have 'owt' to worry about mate TBH.....Sleep soundly,Its obvious to me 'Sir Alex Ferguson' is a shoe in for the Wednesday job....Must be itching to end his retirement & come here,such is the stature of the Club.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Howe and Dyche - gamble.....

Not sure if you are joking or not

I imagine Dyche is out of out league, and Howe not far behind. Neither strike me as the type to put up with interfering owners and backroom staff. 

We need someone who can manage Chansiri as well as the playing squad.

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I imagine Dyche is out of out league, and Howe not far behind. Neither strike me as the type to put up with interfering owners and backroom staff. 

We need someone who can manage Chansiri as well as the playing squad.

Both way out of our league. They would walk in the front door, take a look around and carry on straight out the nearest fire exit.

• Like 2

I'd rather have Klopp, but I don't think he'll come here.   I did think of starting a thread entitled "Klopp, could he do a job for us'.  You know, now he's completed everything at Liverpool, might want a fresh challenge and all that. 

Then the LSD wore off and I came to my senses.

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

I'd rather have Klopp, but I don't think he'll come here.   I did think of starting a thread entitled "Klopp, could he do a job for us'.  You know, now he's completed everything at Liverpool, might want a fresh challenge and all that. 

Then the LSD wore off and I came to my senses.

Story in the Sun that Klopp, is considering an offer from a sleeping giant Championship club.  LSD tablet anyone? 

20 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

being reported on BBC Eddie Howe is being tight lipped about his future after Bournemouth were relegated.  

I know he got Bournemouth relegated this season however to get them to the prem and to stay there as long as they have is a massive over achievement given lets be honest they are probably a league one maybe bottom championship club.

I think he could do better but he as experience of this league, knows what it takes when you have not got the cash.  There are a lot of if's but its the kind of manager we should be at least asking the question and seeing if we can move heaven and earth to get. 

He was s**t at Burnley and if my memory is correct, was sacked.

Seeing as being sacked by a former club is not required then he cannot by considered.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was s**t at Burnley and if my memory is correct, was sacked.

Seeing as being sacked by a former club is not required then he cannot by considered.

Actually he finished 8th and 13th and then left due to personal reasons.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Eddie Howe took Bournemouth, yes Bournemouth from the bottom reaches of the EFL to the Premier League.

He is on a different planet as a manager to the incompetent and ininspiring Monk.

Monk is not fit to brush Howe's shoes.

Not sure you will find anyone who will say otherwise. But Guardiola is also on a different planet to Monk aswell. And like Howe, there is no chance of us getting him either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

We have a Coach/manager as it is.

Also, can he manage with out a Russian Billionaire funding him?.

He managed when he saved them when they started with -17 points. He also got them promoted when they had a full season transfer embargo. Still, he obviously knows nothing.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 14:36, matthefish2002 said:

If Eddie Howe becomes Wednesday manager I will show my bare arse on the Town Hall Steps.

You are just looking for any excuse to do it aren't you?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Grandad said:

I can definitely see him swapping a £42m parachute payment with a squad full of experienced Premiership players - for a transfer budget of £350k and a squad full of nobodies

Some people like a challenge.lol