Eddie Howe anyone?

People really really don't understand what state this club is in do they. Why on god's green earth would Eddie Howe want to come to manage us? Why?

People need to realise we are a club that right now will rely on out of work managers who are willing to give it a shot because we're better than some of the other shyte alternatives

Edited by poite
  • Like 4

Not too sure he will get any Prem offers. Two years ago he might have done, but he will probably go to a big Championship club next with some cash to spend. That rules us out for now I’m afraid. If he sits it out and Southampton or Brighton start next season poorly, he might have a chance of a cosy little move east along the south coast, but can’t see any of the big boys being interested. 

7 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Not too sure he will get any Prem offers. Two years ago he might have done, but he will probably go to a big Championship club next with some cash to spend. That rules us out for now I’m afraid. If he sits it out and Southampton or Brighton start next season poorly, he might have a chance of a cosy little move east along the south coast, but can’t see any of the big boys being interested. 

So he will stay at Bournemouth then.

Name me a better team for him to go to in the championship at this present time. Or did Spurs and Everton go down with Bournemouth.

I think it’s highly likely that Bournemouth won’t ever trouble the PL again. He also probably realises that if he is to become a big time manager, he will need to go up a level from Bournemouth, hence my comment about Southampton and Brighton. There’s also plenty of big Championship clubs who would take him in a heart beat. 

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I think it’s highly likely that Bournemouth won’t ever trouble the PL again. He also probably realises that if he is to become a big time manager, he will need to go up a level from Bournemouth, hence my comment about Southampton and Brighton. There’s also plenty of big Championship clubs who would take him in a heart beat. 

It’s hard to know how the relegated sides will do when they come down, but if Bournemouth aren’t going to be up near the top end of the table then who is.

The 3 League One sides coming up don’t stand out, you’d assume Rotherham and Wycombe will be relegation fodder. In the bottom half of this years table there’s only Stoke who you’d think could do something now they seem to have settled under O’Neill. The rest, including us, look not good enough or have a long list of issues.

Top half Preston, Millwall and Blackburn are all steady.. but nowhere near the resources or quality of the relegated Prem teams. Derby might push on.. Forest might be up there again. Then the failed play off sides you’d think would be up there. 

You’d expect Bournemouth to be looking at a top 10 finish if they trade well in the transfer market.

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s hard to know how the relegated sides will do when they come down, but if Bournemouth aren’t going to be up near the top end of the table then who is.

The 3 League One sides coming up don’t stand out, you’d assume Rotherham and Wycombe will be relegation fodder. In the bottom half of this years table there’s only Stoke who you’d think could do something now they seem to have settled under O’Neill. The rest, including us, look not good enough or have a long list of issues.

Top half Preston, Millwall and Blackburn are all steady.. but nowhere near the resources or quality of the relegated Prem teams. Derby might push on.. Forest might be up there again. Then the failed play off sides you’d think would be up there. 

You’d expect Bournemouth to be looking at a top 10 finish if they trade well in the transfer market.

Even if they trade badly they will be looking at a top 10 finish. We have not got one player, (even Bannan) that gets in that Bournemouth side at the moment. I know that will change and they will sell but if Howe doesn't leave then I see them as hot favourites for automatic promotion.

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

while i'm happy with monk to continue if we do get rid then someone like howe  or dyche  while a gamble as they havnt been in this division for a while could be a gamble worth taking .........

I can't imagine either would gamble their reputations by managing Wednesday in our current state, though.

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

while i'm happy with monk to continue if we do get rid then someone like howe  or dyche  while a gamble as they havnt been in this division for a while could be a gamble worth taking .........

Howe and Dyche - gamble.....

Not sure if you are joking or not

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I'd throw Nuno from Wolves and Lampard in the hat too. Might be a cheap gamble we could benefit from. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

He wont be here by the end of the year.  Hopefully he goes sooner rather than later or we will have to live with his signings for 3 years.

In the meantime, we have to live with the signings made before he arrived. A bunch of well paid perennial under achievers.

• Like 1

I thought of the comments on the Vardy thread about how him and Shearer weren’t even worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Hirst were strange but I think these in about Howe and Dyche in here have taken the biscuit.

Just need Dewsbury to pop up now and tell us all how Jos and Irvine would have achieved anything Howe and Dyche did with bells on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Love your optimistic outlook Torry, but Dyche has just taken Burnley to 10th in the prem and Howe if Bournemouth get shut of him will more than likely get a nice prem job.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Been at Bournemouth for a long time. Bombed at Burnley though, may be wrong but strikes me as a one club manager, outside his comfort zone, struggled.

Struggled? where were Bournemouth for FFS before him? & he kept them in the Premier League for 6 Years is it? Thats hardly struggling mate ,come on....or if it IS,Wednesday should struggle as bad...

• Like 1