Sheffield Wednesday 7 QPR 1 (1987)

This is before my time (first game I went to was in '92), but is it right that these videos were only filmed so that fans could watch them on the coaches to the next away game? Or were they released on VHS (or Beetamax?!) as well?

Think I'm right in saying the first End of Season review video wasn't until the 1988-89 season, so seems a bit funny that quite a few of these matches exist on video (e.g. the Coventry game where Ogrizovic scored) but there was no end of season review.

5 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Yep. I was furious even tho we won 7-1.

It’s not on that clip, but Chapman’s header clearly nestled in the back of the net. It wasn’t like it was scrambled away, and the QPR keeper strolls to pick it out of the net, only to see the f@ckwitt ref waving play on. Just watched it again on an old video, quite possibly one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in my life

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

This is before my time (first game I went to was in '92), but is it right that these videos were only filmed so that fans could watch them on the coaches to the next away game? Or were they released on VHS (or Beetamax?!) as well?

Think I'm right in saying the first End of Season review video wasn't until the 1988-89 season, so seems a bit funny that quite a few of these matches exist on video (e.g. the Coventry game where Ogrizovic scored) but there was no end of season review.

I have this on VHS.  60 mins long. Deffo could buy them.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not on that clip, but Chapman’s header clearly nestled in the back of the net. It wasn’t like it was scrambled away, and the QPR keeper strolls to pick it out of the net, only to see the f@ckwitt ref waving play on. Just watched it again on an old video, quite possibly one of the worst decision I’ve seen in my life

There’s a picture too (possibly in the following week’s program) with the keeper holding the ball and both clearly over the line.

It was an absolute shocker of a decision.

What a great day that was, not only did we win 7-1 but when I got back home to my flat I had just moved into there was a 17 year old bird I had become friends with waiting outside and she was gagging for it. 😎 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

My memory is going. Thought this was the game when Palmer scored a hat trick. Was that against QPR too?

That was 1992 we won 4-1, carlton First half hattrick and a sweet sheridan strike kop end

Despite the 7-1 win that disallowed Chapman goal is the first thing I think of with this game. Still annoyed about it 33 years later, worse decision ever. 

I've never seen a replay of it, but I clearly remember it from the game. 

• Like 1