Sheffield Wednesday 7 QPR 1 (1987)

6 hours ago, rawowl said:

I have this on VHS.  60 mins long. Deffo could buy them.

For a couple of seasons all the home games were recorded for buying on VHS later from the club shop. Had a few of them from when we had heavy wins like this but only have 2 or 3 left. The commentary was abysmal. Often sounded like he was watching the game on a delay of several seconds, he had a patchy understanding of the rules and a 'gift' for names that would make Paul Merson blush.

If you're looking for biased local commentary, this is the best one I've seen. The pair of them are convinced that the game has been decided in advance and that the referee is only there to oversee the conspiracy against them. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unkastav said:

That was 1992 we won 4-1, carlton First half hattrick and a sweet sheridan strike kop end

1991 to be precise, pretty early on in the 1991-92 season. 

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

For a couple of seasons all the home games were recorded for buying on VHS later from the club shop. Had a few of them from when we had heavy wins like this but only have 2 or 3 left. The commentary was abysmal. Often sounded like he was watching the game on a delay of several seconds, he had a patchy understanding of the rules and a 'gift' for names that would make Paul Merson blush.

If you're looking for biased local commentary, this is the best one I've seen. The pair of them are convinced that the game has been decided in advance and that the referee is only there to oversee the conspiracy against them. 

Chuffing livo🤣

great stop by king kev on 16 mins

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

For a couple of seasons all the home games were recorded for buying on VHS later from the club shop. Had a few of them from when we had heavy wins like this but only have 2 or 3 left. The commentary was abysmal. 

The only one I ever had was the Man Utd game when Chapman inflicted their first defeat of the season in November 1985.

There wasn't even any commentary on that one, and even though it was about an hour long God knows who did the editing - even though it was actually a fairly uneventful game really I remember Garry Thompson had a great effort with an overhead kick which went just wide but that wasn't even included on the  video.