What exactly do YOU want?

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Dream on. Name one who would take the managers job. Every club in the country is looking for one of those and they can have their pick of clubs. At the present time we don't have a cat in hells chance of attracting one.

We should be able to attract a good manager of some sort. 

There are only 92 manager positions. Take away the Premier League and top Championship jobs that ambitious young managers will never get - then our job will be attractive. If someone can turn this ship round they’ll be a legend at a great, historic football club. 

And if we’re going to get a points deduction I’d rather it came this season even if it puts us down. 

Starting off on minus 12 next season would cripple another season and probably see us relegated. I’d rather build again in Div Three. You never know it might make Chansiri give up and sell us for a big loss. And we’d be a huge attraction for an ambitious young manager/coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

i just don’t like lying traitors - I think it’s a shame that the UK like Wednesday is something to be a bit ashamed of but bizarrely my general life is quite good at the moment, work’s  good, my daughter is entitled to an Irish passport, I have a new bass so I’m irked rather than angry. 

But as we know Wednesday being rubbish is par for the course. It’s just a shame that Chansiri has driven a coach and horses through our reputation. There are political comparisons to be made I suppose. 

Don't worry about Corbyn, he's long gone & may even lose the Labour whip due to his long held racist views together with 'Wrong Daily'.

Our reputation isn't largely affected.

No one away from S6 hardly knows we exist.

Our reputation is no different to Derby's, Birmingham's & any of the other also ran's in the league.

To most people we are the cliche a 'sleeping giant'  with people not even knowing who Chansiri is, just as we don't really know the hierarchy of any of the other clubs or the personalities & issues within those clubs.

Because we are obsessed with all things S6, doesn't mean everyone else is. It's an internal issue that nobody outside gives a fu*k about.

People may be vaguely aware of some ticket price issue, same as Leeds & whoever but that's about it.

If we ever repeat the Carlos time, the media would be all over us like a rash again same as last time & our 'reputation' for good or bad wouldn't even figure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We should be able to attract a good manager of some sort. 

There are only 92 manager positions. Take away the Premier League and top Championship jobs that ambitious young managers will never get - then our job will be attractive. If someone can turn this ship round they’ll be a legend at a great, historic football club. 

And if we’re going to get a points deduction I’d rather it came this season even if it puts us down. 

Starting off on minus 12 next season would cripple another season and probably see us relegated. I’d rather build again in Div Three. You never know it might make Chansiri give up and sell us for a big loss. And we’d be a huge attraction for an ambitious young manager/coach. 

The idea we wouldn't be able to attract a decent manager is another over the top knee jerk over reaction.

People do not look at things logically.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Don't worry about Corbyn, he's long gone & may even lose the Labour whip due to his long held racist views together with 'Wrong Daily'.

Our reputation isn't largely affected.

No one away from S6 hardly knows we exist.

Our reputation is no different to Derby's, Birmingham's & any of the other also ran's in the league.

To most people we are the cliche a 'sleeping giant'  with people not even knowing who Chansiri is, just as we don't really know the hierarchy of any of the other clubs or the personalities & issues within those clubs.

Because we are obsessed with all things S6, doesn't mean everyone else is. It's an internal issue that nobody outside gives a fu*k about.

People may be vaguely aware of some ticket price issue, same as Leeds & whoever but that's about it.

If we ever repeat the Carlos time, the media would be all over us like a rash again same as last time & our 'reputation' for good or bad wouldn't even figure.

I don’t like Corbyn. No whataboutery  from me at all. I dislike traitors wherever they spring  from. There’s the difference.

I think in this Division our reputation is sullied and I happen to think it’s a shame. Overpricing fans. Rejecting cheap reciprocal deals. But each to their own. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t like Corbyn. No whataboutery  from me at all. I dislike traitors wherever they spring  from. There’s the difference.

I think in this Division our reputation is sullied and I happen to think it’s a shame. Overpricing fans. Rejecting cheap reciprocal deals. But each to their own. 

You keep banging on about traitor's???

Re reputation. Other than prices for visiting fans I still maintain no one gives a rats a*se about us & know even less about our issues & struggles, other than (like Derby) we have a stand off with the EFL.

Like you say though, each to their own re opinions. 

27 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You keep banging on about traitor's???

Re reputation. Other than prices for visiting fans I still maintain no one gives a rats a*se about us & know even less about our issues & struggles, other than (like Derby) we have a stand off with the EFL.

Like you say though, each to their own re opinions. 

Russian money. £130k to "play tennis" which is a euphemism for turn a blind eye to. That's traitorous. 

And Wednesday are poster boys for what's wrong with football at our level and more - inflated prices, inflated egos, sham businesses backing us, selling the ground as an accounting ruse to avoid trouble, disregarding fans - when did we last hear a peep from our great leader? He's turned us into a bit of a joke which I think is a shame. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, briggowl said:

I hope he realises this. Even when DC came to the club we’d been run so badly that anything would have been acceptable in terms of a plan for sustainability and gradual progression. I’d have taken that over promises of Premier league. I think most fans watched on trusting that he knew what he was doing though a bit baffled by signings after the Wembley game. He’s really screwed it up with throwing his money away and ffp!!! 

The pricing needs addressing. Dunno how you do that after selling multi year STs!?

Yes that is very true, and a major issue. Dare I say the pandemic situation might help Chansiri in that regard. Can't sell tickets if you can't have fans back. Obviously hope that won't be the case but it'd daft not to consider it.

I like to think team players regardless of age would be encouraged to join a team with a vision

Unfortunately I don't see us having a vision therefore not be attractive to team players.

Until we fix one we will not fix the other and be more open to mercenaries 

20 hours ago, Morepork said:

He's here for the scenery, weather, food, skiing, beaches, lack of Covid.......I reckon he made the best transfer move of all those.

Don't disagree with that, but I'm of the opinion that Hooper is a talented player, and thought he'd find a home in the Championship

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

Don't disagree with that, but I'm of the opinion that Hooper is a talented player, and thought he'd find a home in the Championship

Yep, he was definitely good enough to have done that but I'd say he's made his family and lifestyle the priority over money and fair play to him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What was our reputation before Chansiri?

Since relegation from the Premier League it has been one of a sleeping giant being awoken when we have looked like being successful but for large periods it has been linked to times of struggle - stood on the steps of the high court, previous chairman calling out our own fans and introducing ID cards for away fans, being linked with less than eligible takeovers.

As for our reputation in this division, the reputation of the division as a whole is sullied, there will soon be more clubs at this level with recent embargos/financial investigations than not.

9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Russian money. £130k to "play tennis" which is a euphemism for turn a blind eye to. That's traitorous. 

And Wednesday are poster boys for what's wrong with football at our level and more - inflated prices, inflated egos, sham businesses backing us, selling the ground as an accounting ruse to avoid trouble, disregarding fans - when did we last hear a peep from our great leader? He's turned us into a bit of a joke which I think is a shame. 

Your'e starting to sound like a disillusioned, retired union leader who didn't get his own way & who's Utopian vision was never realised, with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory thrown in.

Ahh. The Russians. It's all clear & obvious now. 

Now if you'd said Chinese!!

11 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

The idea we wouldn't be able to attract a decent manager is another over the top knee jerk over reaction.

People do not look at things logically.

Well the job was up for grabs at the beginning of the season and we ended up with Monk. I didn't see a queue of potential top line managers outside the ground jostling each other to get seen first.

Do you really think we are a better prospect next season if we start with a 12 point deduction.

Obviously it was thrust on us at very short notice when Bruce left, which limited our options somewhat, well into the campaign.

Managers are basically mercenaries so will take jobs regardless of the current circumstances of any club.

I quoted ‘decent managers’, you now refer to ‘top line managers’!!

Maybe ‘top line managers’ who have a choice, may take a cushier, easier option, but doesn’t mean to say we would struggle to find someone.

Gary Rowett was pleading for a chance as were the Cowley bro’s. 

Plus up coming foreign managers will jump at a chance in England, regardless of situation.

Sorry forgot to press ‘quote’ button in answer to Prowls point.

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Your'e starting to sound like a disillusioned, retired union leader who didn't get his own way & who's Utopian vision was never realised, with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory thrown in.

Ahh. The Russians. It's all clear & obvious now. 

Now if you'd said Chinese!!

This isn’t the politics section but is it acceptable to take that sort of cash from and have that sort of a cosy relationship with individuals who have  strong ties with a regime that acts like Putin’s does? 

The Americans investigated and found a nest of vipers. We cover it up. Why would that be? 

Sheffield Tories. Boris Johnson wouldn’t ******** on you if you were on fire.