What exactly do YOU want?

That nutter Dr.Tony Xia at Villa, who thought he’d get Villa in the Premier League and didn’t, soon found someone else to carry the can once the club turned into a money pit and he realised he didn’t have a clue what he was doing. 

How long until the penny drops at Hillsborough 

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed mate

On a 1 to 10 scale - how confident are you currently that we're gonna get it right?

I'm at a 5 right now. We're not going to be an attractive proposition for the young players we want with a potential points penalty next season.

It's going to need a few windows to build a decent team here I'm afraid. Next season will be tough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As the Carvalhal era team and the financial fall out resulting from it fades into history, it will be interesting to see how things develop in the next couple of years in determining how enthusiastic the chairman is, what funding he's willing to commit, and perhaps most pertinently, what lessons he might have learned from his tenure so far.

Sometimes it is worth taking a step back from the blind negativity of the Chansiri era so far. You would have to be extremely stupid to say that it has thus far been anything else but a string of failings and bad decisions. I think Chansiri's biggest failing is having no clear strategy. Every decision seems to be made on a whim. I find that surprising as he comes from a family that have strong business acumen and clear strategic thinking.

Part of me really wants Dejphon Chansiri to turn things around and motor in the opposite direction. I don't think he can do it but there's still a chance. I guess my judgment is blinded by other dealings with the Chansiri family but I actually like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd like to see a few more tap-ins. 

I like a spanker as much as the next man.

But I really like a tap-in.

I always feel it somehow cuts deeper.

True this

Not seen a good tap in for ages

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Yep, agree.

We finished the season with 7 strikers in the squad, all of whom played some part during the season. 7 strikers!! how do keep harmony across that lot, how do you keep a competitive edge in training when 4 of them will not even make the squad.

Rhodes

Fletcher

Winnall

Hooper

Forestieri

Nuhui

Joao

There must be over £8m a season in wages there and you can only field 2 of them. Absolutely crazy recruitment. 

Laugh is, the season after, our top goalscorer was Nuhui who was probably the lowest paid of the lot.

Disasterous in it!

I want to be not bothered about Wednesday.....I want following Wednesday to be like say....cricket,..

You know it matters...but not a lot....

I don't particularly like football anymore, I hardly watch it..unless its Wednesday, or it somehow affects Wednesday

Its sadly gone beyond football for me

I hate the Premiership, but I want Wednesday in it...sheer hypocritical nonsense ain't it?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

1. An experienced football man as Director of Football, as a long term appointment, who sets up the football structures at all levels.

2. A first team manager with a track record of success who get get the best out of players and can handle any big name players.

Dream on. Name one who would take the managers job. Every club in the country is looking for one of those and they can have their pick of clubs. At the present time we don't have a cat in hells chance of attracting one.

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You right in saying they haven't gone on to anything better, 

Some of them should have been sold before they reached their best before date though.

They were, they were sold to us.lol

I want a club owned by someone who knows what they're doing.

I want to be managed by a reputable manager with experience of promotion.

I don't want our club to be used as a cash cow and brought into disrepute.

I'm sick of it all!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you say so. 

May be wrong but i assumed that's what forums are about. 

You say something. 

I respond.

I say something.

You respond. 

You don't like what I say.

You respond in a patronising tone.

"If you say so".

• Like 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

May be wrong but i assumed that's what forums are about. 

You say something. 

I respond.

I say something.

You respond. 

You don't like what I say.

You respond in a patronising tone.

"If you say so".

Bit touchy. Ok - you're talkingbollocks. Better? 

lol

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Dream on. Name one who would take the managers job. Every club in the country is looking for one of those and they can have their pick of clubs. At the present time we don't have a cat in hells chance of attracting one.

Sorry. I thought the thread was about what we "wanted". 

12 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

More like it.

Me Touchy??

Still not over Brexit & the election I see.

🤣🤣

i just don’t like lying traitors - I think it’s a shame that the UK like Wednesday is something to be a bit ashamed of but bizarrely my general life is quite good at the moment, work’s  good, my daughter is entitled to an Irish passport, I have a new bass so I’m irked rather than angry. 

But as we know Wednesday being rubbish is par for the course. It’s just a shame that Chansiri has driven a coach and horses through our reputation. There are political comparisons to be made I suppose.