Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?

Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Should Garry Monk's contract be extended beyond the end of the 2019-20 season?

• Offer him an extension/new deal
    • Send him packing/on Fernandos bike

11 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Can't see it making a difference at the moment. Anyone will struggle with this situation and it could take years to solve.  

Na, things can change very quickly in football. It was only 4 years ago that the pigs players did the infamous lap of disgrace after finishing mid table in league 1. One great managerial appointment later and they flew up the leagues

Big summer for the club coming up. If the current setup is persevered with then I fear the worst 

Edited by Django
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Django said:

Na, things can change very quickly in football. It was only 4 years ago that the pigs players did the infamous lap of disgrace after finishing mid table in league 1. One great managerial appointment later and they flew up the leagues

Big summer for the club coming up. If the current setup is persevered with then I fear the worst 

This. It’s not change for changes sake. Or we would still have Jo’s in charge. It’s change because this manager is not only not good enough to lead us to promotion in the championship he isn’t good enough to lead us to promotion in league one if the worst happens. If he stays we could be lower end of division one by Christmas with a load of crap players we are unable to shift.....again. 

This is a great opportunity for a manager to come in and really make his mark. Monk has had his chance and failed miserably.

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This. It’s not change for changes sake. Or we would still have Jo’s in charge. It’s change because this manager is not only not good enough to lead us to promotion in the championship he isn’t good enough to lead us to promotion in league one if the worst happens. If he stays we could be lower end of five one by Christmas with a load of crap players we are unable to shift.....again. 

This is a great opportunity for a manager to come in and really make his mark. Monk has had his chance and failed miserably.

Yep. It’s pretty much a blank canvas again this summer. IF we get off then it’ll be an attractive job for someone to come into, especially with a division that wont be awash with cash with what’s going on atm 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dan1980 said:

Id say get shut if we could persuade houghton to take over

If I was DC I’d be doing whatever it takes to get him in. Top top manager for this division, maybe the embargo put him off last summer, time to ask again 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

On balance I would let monk go.  It is a results business and we have been awful for a sustained period since the stoke city game.

I would tackle the future differently.

1.  Bring loovens to the club as a football CEO 

2.  Martin o Neill as manager

3.  Gary Cahill as player head coach 

With a view for 3 to succeed 2 in time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Owl1976.5 said:

3 yr contract, not rolling, not one year. 

That's a very big claim to make as people on here have been speculating ever since he took the job,

so who's your sauce?

Although i agree he is not good enough ,My opinion does not matter ,Its up to the board ,Chairman ,And Owner ,Seeing Chansiri is all of them ,He will not sack him because that would admit he set the wrong man on .What is it 4 wins in 22 ,I am sick to back teeth of people on the radio saying ,Keep him ,Give him a chance ,WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE AS A MANAGER ,To have such blind faith ,Last but not least ,Someone says you can not keep sacking managers ,You Do if they are poor managers.Leeds i read had 19 managers in 16 years .If we go down .Do you trust him to bring us up ,Chansiri wants to get his Advisor sacked ,And ask Wilkinson to advise him ,4 wins in 22 Garbage .

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

On balance I would let monk go.  It is a results business and we have been awful for a sustained period since the stoke city game.

I would tackle the future differently.

1.  Bring loovens to the club as a football CEO 

2.  Martin o Neill as manager

3.  Gary Cahill as player head coach 

With a view for 3 to succeed 2 in time. 

0.77 points per game since Christmas 

That equates to 35 points over a full season. Completely unacceptable 

• Like 3

Only one opinion that matters right now. Sadly, I don't trust that opinion. 

One thing I do believe is that Bully should go and IF Monk stays, he SHOULD be allowed to bring in his own  assistant and back room staff.

Edited by marshy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Django said:

0.77 points per game since Christmas 

That equates to 35 points over a full season. Completely unacceptable 

Django absolutely nails it there.

At pretty much any club in the whole of English football Monk would have been fired.

This poll does though worrry me as I wonder if we have some SUFC infiltrators on here.

I have to say that if they had a manager as clueles, inept and uninspirational as Monk I woulfd be very keen for the individual  to stay at Bramall Lane..

4 minutes ago, marshy said:

Only one opinion that matters right now. Sadly, I don't trust that opinion. 

One thing I do believe is that Bully should go and IF Monk stays, he SHOULD be allowed to bring in his own background staff.

Totally agree , bullen has been at Wednesday too long , doesn't add anything to that coaching team.. Monk needs to bring in beattie and whoever else he wants .... then allow him to bring in young promising players who have something to prove .. who are on the way up in football .... not the crap we have who are looking for there final pay day before hanging up there boots ... Monk has been succesfull at Leeds where he found jems like kemar roofe ... he was succesfull at Birmingham,  ask thwre fans what they think of monk .. they rated him .... everyone says him off for the money spent at boro.  But the lad Braithwaite who he signed who everyone felt was a joke signing is now at Barcelona .. We need to be honest with ourselves we ain't getting better tha  monk ... we have needed this clear out for too long ... we keep judging managers on the same group of players ...get rid of them and then we can judge monk 

• Like 1