Huddersfield

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Massive game tonight. 3 points is essential. Play like we did against QPR and I can see us scoring a few, especially if we get the first goal I think they will crumble. 

Unless you are assuming the worst regarding possible points deductions, 3 points tonight is not that essential really.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Unless you are assuming the worst regarding possible points deductions, 3 points tonight is not that essential really.

until we know otherwise I think we need to class all 3 games as essential. Hopefully we won’t need as many points as possible but let’s make sure we have them just incase. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

A few players looked knackered Saturday, lets hope we can freshen things up, by promoting a couple of under 12`s .

Yep give Alex Hunt some of his usual team mates around him.

(Cos he looks young not because he plays like an U12)

Edited by Rev Owl

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

until we know otherwise I think we need to class all 3 games as essential. Hopefully we won’t need as many points as possible but let’s make sure we have them just incase. 

∆ this, can't be complacent, get the points on the board and it maybe removes the EFL threat

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

All set up for a win tonight; confidence from saturday, key players returning, Huddersfield in poor form....but this is wednesday we're talking about, nothing is ever straightforward.

where as Wednesdays form is ......er ..well

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Our record is 19 compared to their 43.   This Wednesday fan is jealous.  Incidentally we set our record in 1960-1 under Catterick.   I was lucky enough to have seen 13 of the 19.   We since equalled it when we were getting promotion under Megson and Jones.  

Theirs isn’t 43 though is it.....unless you discount the games they lost during that period. I don’t care who your second team is, they still didn’t go 43 games unbeaten

Some people on here have very short memories if they think that tonight is going to be an easy ride. 

Following three good results against them (two in the League, and one in the first leg away) all that remained was the formality of the home to qualify for Wembley and the Premiership.

Just remind me what happened.

Will be very disappointed if we don't win this one after Saturdays performance.  Huddersfield fans going from their Website seem very despondent and hold little hope out of getting anything. 

Seems they were terrible against Luton and for many of them thats the end of the road for them supporting them.  

If we play with the same intensity as we did against QPR we should win by at least two goals.

Would like to see Da Cruz bag one and another by Windass.

Strangely confident for once.   

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Will be very disappointed if we don't win this one after Saturdays performance.  Huddersfield fans going from their Website seem very despondent and hold little hope out of getting anything. 

Seems they were terrible against Luton and for many of them thats the end of the road for them supporting them.  

If we play with the same intensity as we did against QPR we should win by at least two goals.

Would like to see Da Cruz bag one and another by Windass.

Strangely confident for once.   

Joke set of fans.

Even when Dean Hoyle made all their season tickets 100 quid in the PL he still got his critics from them, set of billy big bolloçks fans.

Regarding the game tonight, really big game for this club and we do need the 3 points should we get a points deduction.

Will probably end up a 0-0.

Guest wilyfox

The games we should win are the ones we rarely do - especially at home. So, I'm predicting a difficult evening. I just hope we find a way to get the result we need even if it isn't pretty. 

8 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Are they still unbeaten ?

YUP!  have been for some time now.

as i pointed out before their last defeat was to the roman Vllll legion shortly before they left on their tour of caledonia, must be having a great time as they haven't returned yet, think of the 'back money' they're due.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

The games we should win are the ones we rarely do - especially at home. So, I'm predicting a difficult evening. I just hope we find a way to get the result we need even if it isn't pretty. 

visitors to hillsborough bringing a good defence, or good numbers in defence can and do cause us problems. 

if they keep it tight at the back, we have to come out, leaves us light at the back, and open to counter.

it would be worse with a crowd in showing their approval, so a blessing in a way with our need for points.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Joke set of fans.

Even when Dean Hoyle made all their season tickets 100 quid in the PL he still got his critics from them, set of billy big bolloçks fans.

Regarding the game tonight, really big game for this club and we do need the 3 points should we get a points deduction.

Will probably end up a 0-0.

Well I'm never surprised by what score we manage.  So 0-0 is a real possibility. 

Weird init that I've had an inkling of liking of Huddersfield over the years but as they have grown in stature the fans have become more and more obnoxious and take things for granted. 

I would be pleasantly pleased should they drop back to where they belong.

• Like 1