Huddersfield

13 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Will be very disappointed if we don't win this one after Saturdays performance.  Huddersfield fans going from their Website seem very despondent and hold little hope out of getting anything. 

Seems they were terrible against Luton and for many of them thats the end of the road for them supporting them.  

If we play with the same intensity as we did against QPR we should win by at least two goals.

Would like to see Da Cruz bag one and another by Windass.

Strangely confident for once.   

our victory on saturday had a great deal to do with qpr being utter shybo tactically, and at the back.

if 'uddersfield come, roll their sleeves up, and get stuck in, we've a game on our hands.

we need to keep a clean sheet.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well I'm never surprised by what score we manage.  So 0-0 is a real possibility. 

Weird init that I've had an inkling of liking of Huddersfield over the years but as they have grown in stature the fans have become more and more obnoxious and take things for granted. 

I would be pleasantly pleased should they drop back to where they belong.

true, and enjoying their derby wi t'dingles.

Edited by dorian gray
  • Like 1

Just now, dorian gray said:

our victory on saturday had a great deal to do with qpr being utter shybo tactically, and at the back.

if 'uddersfield come, roll their sleeves up, and get stuck in, we've a game on our hands.

we need to keep a clean sheet.

They dont seem to have that in their locker at the moment by all accounts. 

As I say I will be disappointed if we don't win this, it's a perfect game to build on after Saturdays game.  

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

As I say I will be disappointed if we don't win this, it's a perfect game to build on after Saturdays game.  

YUP! but knowing us we'll need to score 3 to win at least.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

they are in trouble, chances are running out, here's an opportunity against a side with a glass chin, i think they'll see this as a turning point.

i'll be surprised if they're not up for it.

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

it could be their gaffer/s have told em wigan and wednesday are going down from point deductions, so all is to play for.

9 hours ago, Morepork said:

This is a classic banana skin game for us. Great performance and result against QPR, now we face a team in a fair amount of turmoil. It's a game we typically go on to stuff up......

If we are to see any progression or start to believe in Monk and this remaining group of players they need to give it to Huddders right where it hurts.

People said that about qpr and we stuffed em. With the form of Murphy and Windass I’d be surprised if we don’t score a few tonight as well.

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

They went 43 league games unbeaten in 2011, a football league record, although they lost games in fac, league cup, Johnstone paint trophy.

They achieved the record by beating Notts County. 

Jordan Rhodes heading in from a pinpoint Jack Hunt cross put them on their way.  

They never claimed 3158 games unbeaten.   Wednesday fans are just jealous.

With our absolutely shocking home record I'll be pleased if we've managed 2 league games unbeaten after tonight.

After QPR we've actually won more points away than at home.  

I know what you write on lavatory walls...Look out killjoy was here

31 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

YUP! but knowing us we'll need to score 3 to win at least.

Depressingly that's something we haven't managed at home all season. We've scored 2 in only 3 matches, the last time v Brentford on 7th December.

Since then our scoring at home has been

1-1-0-0-0-0-1-1-1-0-1

Lowest scorers at home, highest away in the championship, barmy!

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

They went 43 league games unbeaten in 2011, a football league record, although they lost games in fac, league cup, Johnstone paint trophy.

They achieved the record by beating Notts County. 

Jordan Rhodes heading in from a pinpoint Jack Hunt cross put them on their way.  

They never claimed 3158 games unbeaten.   Wednesday fans are just jealous.

With our absolutely shocking home record I'll be pleased if we've managed 2 league games unbeaten after tonight.

After QPR we've actually won more points away than at home.  

IIRC Hudds were 2nd in League 1 when their unbeaten run started, 43 games later - no promotion and 3rd in League 1.

So 43 games unbeaten and your league position gets worse...

35 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Depressingly that's something we haven't managed at home all season. We've scored 2 in only 3 matches, the last time v Brentford on 7th December.

Since then our scoring at home has been

1-1-0-0-0-0-1-1-1-0-1

Lowest scorers at home, highest away in the championship, barmy!

That has to be the stupidest of stats going. How the hell can that happen?   🤷🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That has to be the stupidest of stats going. How the hell can that happen?   🤷🏼‍♂️

Scored twice as many goals away than scored at home.

Maybe we are better at counter attacking rather than having to make the running if teams sit back at Hillsborough.

It's a strange one.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Maybe we are better at counter attacking rather than having to make the running if teams sit back at Hillsborough.

It's a strange one.

Not been looking at the tables since lockdown and never realised we had scored so few at home. Does give the impression that we are a counter attacking team.

Let's hope we can close the gap on the number of away goals scored tonight.

38 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It's a strange one.

It really shouldn't matter in an empty ground should it? I saw some stats somehwere that more away teams are winning than home because there are no fans.  

By the way, until United scored 3 against Spurs and  then Chelsea they'd scored a goal a game, yet were in with a shout of champions league football. Footballs just daft.

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

It really shouldn't matter in an empty ground should it? I saw some stats somehwere that more away teams are winning than home because there are no fans.  

By the way, until United scored 3 against Spurs and  then Chelsea they'd scored a goal a game, yet were in with a shout of champions league football. Footballs just daft.

Them lot have been doing well this season on the back a solid defence.

Their strikers haven't been scoring many up until recently.

A bit like us up to Christmas we got to 3rd, sneaking wins without scoring a lot of goals and conceding less.

After Christmas it all went pear shaped. Not only conceding loads of goals but hardly scoring any.