Huddersfield

This is a classic banana skin game for us. Great performance and result against QPR, now we face a team in a fair amount of turmoil. It's a game we typically go on to stuff up......

If we are to see any progression or start to believe in Monk and this remaining group of players they need to give it to Huddders right where it hurts.

• Like 7

They went 43 league games unbeaten in 2011, a football league record, although they lost games in fac, league cup, Johnstone paint trophy.

They achieved the record by beating Notts County. 

Jordan Rhodes heading in from a pinpoint Jack Hunt cross put them on their way.  

They never claimed 3158 games unbeaten.   Wednesday fans are just jealous.

With our absolutely shocking home record I'll be pleased if we've managed 2 league games unbeaten after tonight.

After QPR we've actually won more points away than at home.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

They lost in the playoffs during their unbeaten run. They were so busy protecting their unbeaten run that they drew too many games as they didn't chase games when level. Their fans moaned about this whilst bragging about being unbeaten. Which they weren't really, cos they lost games. When pointed out they said they didn't count. I highly doubt any Wednesday fans were jealous. It was good natured ribbing and footy 'banter' as is this thread. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

They lost in the playoffs during their unbeaten run. They were so busy protecting their unbeaten run that they drew too many games as they didn't chase games when level. Their fans moaned about this whilst bragging about being unbeaten. Which they weren't really, cos they lost games. When pointed out they said they didn't count. I highly doubt any Wednesday fans were jealous. It was good natured ribbing and footy 'banter' as is this thread. 

Our record is 19 compared to their 43.   This Wednesday fan is jealous.  Incidentally we set our record in 1960-1 under Catterick.   I was lucky enough to have seen 13 of the 19.   We since equalled it when we were getting promotion under Megson and Jones.  

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky

A few players looked knackered Saturday, lets hope we can freshen things up, by promoting a couple of under 12`s .