Worst Case Scenario - Get Ready!

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Can we get -12 from the case with the EFL and also get another -12 for going into administration? That would top it off quite nicely.

Then get another -12 when we file our July 2019 account in 3 weeks time and we have breach the losses limits again.

But don't worry Gary Monk knows what a success changing room looks like - Presumable he was talking about Mike Bassett England manager as he has never been a successful manager anywhere.  :duntmatter:

You forgot to mention Administration. Which would mean another 12 point deduction and even more worryingly all those fans on 3, 5 and 10 year season tickets becoming creditors potentially. I don't imagine a new owner would want to honour the tickets if it means their main revenue stream is gone before a ball is kicked along with a question mark over when those divisions will actually restart, if there's even enough clubs left to restart them. This could get so much worse, anyone who thinks rebuilding in league one is a good idea hasn't thought this through. Not staying in this division could spell total catastrophe for the club. So low today after that result.

• Like 1

I think I’m prepared for just such a scenario. Thought for a while that a Monk would take us down, and if that’s what it takes to get him gone, then so be it Don’t get me wrong, it’s a bitter pill to swallow, but in my opinion, once I realised the extent of our rebuild, I never believed that it was doable for us in the Championship Any points deduction next season, will be easier to overcome in that league, than it would in this one Who knows, we might even enjoy seeing the team win again

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Not quite sure how we'll go down and start next season on -12 points.

Still mathematically possible

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Can we get -12 from the case with the EFL and also get another -12 for going into administration? That would top it off quite nicely.

Yes

Just now, the third man said:

Will everybody look at the table and tell me why they think the 6 of the eight teams under us are suddenly going to show automatic promotion form for the last four games and relegate us, especially as Wigan will get a 12 point deduction

Very doubtful but not an impossibility

26 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Not quite sure how we'll go down and start next season on -12 points.

We're 7 points above the relegation zone with 4 games to play.

The hearing then gives us a 12 point deduction, which falls in next season as our relegation would have rendered it pointless this season.

Just not bothered...

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

We're 7 points above the relegation zone with 4 games to play.

The hearing then gives us a 12 point deduction, which falls in next season as our relegation would have rendered it pointless this season.

Aren't Wigan due a 12 point deduction for going in to administration?

That would put them bottom leaving Barnsley 3rd from bottom on 42 and us 10 points above them.

1 minute ago, andytrig said:

Aren't Wigan due a 12 point deduction for going in to administration?

That would put them bottom leaving Barnsley 3rd from bottom on 42 and us 10 points above them.

If they win their remaining games they could still be safe.

Just not bothered...

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

And DC decides to do a Cardiff and replace blue stripes with red next season...

1 hour ago, the third man said:

we wont be relegated and start next season with -12, if we are relegated it would be because of a points deduction because no way will all the teams below us pass us to relegate us this season

Hull need to win 3 out of 4, Barnsley and Luton 4 out of 4, and if Wigan get -12 they need to win 4 out of 4, Barnsley play Wigan as well

couldn't care less where the others play next season

Assuming we get no points from our last 4 games, 2 wins and a draw would probably do for Hull to overtake us.  No guarantee that Wigan’s points deduction will stand.