Worst Case Scenario - Get Ready!

On 09/07/2020 at 12:44, andytrig said:

Not quite sure how we'll go down and start next season on -12 points.

If we finish in the bottom 3 before any points deduction the points deduction carries over to the next season. 

This scenario is unlikely as we are almost safe from being in the bottom 3 without a points deduction.

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

And certain people still won’t have a bad word said about our clueless leader. 

I think what people see is a genuine and honest person in chansiri. But when it come to running a football club his brains are in his backside

Okay, i've thought about this and i've got it.

We finish the season safe, but after a long overdue EFL hearing they dock us just enough points to tilt into the relegation zone allowing ex nuclear testing zone Stoke to survive. At the opposite end of the table L**ds clinch promotion on the final day in dramatic fashion sending the city into a frenzy.

After we go down, we are then declared financial bankrupt and almost the entire squad departs except development/academy players, Odubajo, Pelupessy (now captain) and Nuhiu. We face the almost impossible task of surviving in L1 with a huge -12 deficit and Gary Monk proudly at the helm after accepting a 4 year contract whilst bringing in a newly created role for Jos Luhukay, head of player engagement.

Meanwhile in the PL United sail into Europe after a remarkable season and Billy Sharp statues are erected throughout the city centre to honour their captain. The rumour mill begins to churn after an out of contract Cristiano Ronaldo visits the city after a hiking trip in the peaks and remarks to his agent that he'd love to playe for a "big club" and spend his final professional years crafting stainless steel cutlery. 

Whilst on their holidays in Portugal, Carlos Carvalhal enjoys a flat white with a well rested and jovial Fernando Forestieri, Sam Hutchinson, Keiran Lee, Keiren Westwood, Barry Bannan and Ross Wallace whilst he breaks out a sparkly smile as he slowly slides contracts across the table and declares he is "getting the band back together again".

I'll see myself out....

I hope we don't find out but i'm morbidly curious to see if Jordan Rhodes can cut it in League One. Doubt it. I honestly think Nuhiu would score more over a season down there, even if he only played 20 mins per game.

Edited by TrueOwl

10 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

I hope we don't find out but i'm morbidly curious to see if Jordan Rhodes can cut it in League One. Doubt it. I honestly think Nuhiu would score more over a season down there, even if he only played 20 mins per game.

Now that relegation has become a more realistic possibility, yes I’ve started to consider that very point. 
Certainly that type of player still thrives in the lower leagues, whereas they are not in vogue higher up the pyramid If we do drop down, and we can afford to do so, I think I’d keep Rhodes as part of our strike force

• Like 1