We’re obviously not going to go on a spending spree and...

Guest wilyfox
5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why? He’s better than Rhodes, Da Cruz and the already departed Winnall. Fantastic header yesterday that none of the above 3 could do. A useful squad player. Keep

Had 7yrs, 31 now, never been consistent, can't run, hasn't worked on himself physically, need change. Monk is absolutely right in saying we need younger more dynamic players. Would be nice to move away from "big lad up top" approach for a bit. As useful as target men like Nuhiu & Fletcher have been at times over the years, we were by far at our best with Hooper & FF. Much better football playing through the thirds with pace & incision than going back to front with an out-ball. 

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why? He’s better than Rhodes, Da Cruz and the already departed Winnall. Fantastic header yesterday that none of the above 3 could do. A useful squad player. Keep

Really ? What did you see that was so special in that point blank straight at the keeper header ?

Nuhiu isnt the issue. Its our talisman signing of Rhodes thats the problem who has been an abject failure. Our forward line is poor, ageing and thin on numbers. Playing with Rhodes is like playing with 10 men. Nothing wrong with having a big man on the bench as an option. Nuhiu has collected us many points off the bench. However at 31 its time to move him on. I like him but in the interests of getting the squad revitalised its his time to go. Just wish we could shift as rhodes. The thought of another season of him up front gives me a cold sweat.

If we have to go cold turkey, so be it.

We're addicted to spending money, but we don't even get the high from it anymore.  

When the fun stops, stop.  

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Had 7yrs, 31 now, never been consistent, can't run, hasn't worked on himself physically, need change. Monk is absolutely right in saying we need younger more dynamic players. Would be nice to move away from "big lad up top" approach for a bit. As useful as target men like Nuhiu & Fletcher have been at times over the years, we were by far at our best with Hooper & FF. Much better football playing through the thirds with pace & incision than going back to front with an out-ball. 

Apart from the fact that Hooper and Fletcher were terrific players, but a dire partnership.

That is, if you measure success on goals and points.

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

... extending existing players’ contract has less of an impact on profit and sustainability/FFP so I think we ought to be prepared for a frustrating close season with some “unpopular choices” re-signing or extending existing contracts. 

How does that work then?

10 hours ago, shandypants said:

... extending existing players’ contract has less of an impact on profit and sustainability/FFP so I think we ought to be prepared for a frustrating close season with some “unpopular choices” re-signing or extending existing contracts. 

So the summer rebuilding job is going to consist of letting all the good players leave and keeping Pelupessy, Nuihu and JVA oh building for the future.

Are we in league one already.

8 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

can spend what he wants if they cancel FFP for a season,get that list written,lets have it!Wrack that debt up,theres always the training ground to sell

We have had these rules for years now and people continue to not understand them.

It is a 3 year rolling calculation this season and the last 2. 

If you get charge for last season then break them the next season you get charge again no free pass.

The proceedings against us are for the 2017/18 season, we haven't even filed the 2018/19 season accounts yet and even if the stadium sale is accepted. Last season is based on 2016/17 2017/18 and 2018/19 (16/17 £21m loss, 17/18 £2m profit with £35m stadium sale) if the loss for the 31st July 2019 account for the 18/19 is over £20m, then we break P&S rules again and could well be hit with another points deduction next season.

I full expect us to be under an embargo until the July 2019 accounts are filed, which should be no later than the end of this month after the filing extension (which only us and Sunderland took up) If the EFL case drags on do not be surprised if the financial statements are filed late.

Basically if we some how managed to come out of this without any points deduction we could be back in trouble next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Kieran Lee will get offered a contract and stay next season. I also think Dave will get offered a deal but he may decide to leave for another challenge. 

Ive watched Lee over the last few games and we are clearly a better side with him in. He’s not the vintage Kieran Lee but certainly good enough to play at this level. 

Big issue we have is that we have Rhodes, Westwood and Lees on a cumulative £90k per week in wages who are either not good enough or part of the managers plans. I hope we can get them moved on but it will be extremely difficult. 

Extending Lee and Dave’s contracts may cost £25k pw between them tops. I think this highlights the issue here. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He was jumping against someone who was 3' and a tab butt high. It's the first time I have ever seen him use his err physical presence in his time with us. He is appalling at heading the ball and everyone knows it

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He was jumping against someone who was 3' and a tab butt high. It's the first time I have ever seen him use his err physical presence in his time with us. He is appalling at heading the ball and everyone knows it

Ok, he’s not great at getting off the ground and I agree with that. But, Kagoshima is right - he’s better than Rhodes, winnall and Da Cruz and at least he gives us another option. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ok, he’s not great at getting off the ground and I agree with that. But, Kagoshima is right - he’s better than Rhodes, winnall and Da Cruz and at least he gives us another option. 

I would rather a young lad be thrown into the mix - Alex Hunt did well yesterday and has shown enough potential to be given another chance. 

The sooner Big Dave leaves the club the better.

After the initial 4 points from 6 we are on the slide again. The same excuses game after game.

Do we sack Monk and hope Bullen, or who ever get a new manager bounce we get 2 or 3 wins from the remaining 5 to keep us up and then we bring in someone new in the summer.

With Monk remaining here for the next 5, I just don't see us picking us that many points from the 15 on offer. 

This is not planning for the future it is very short term but we need something to keep us up and I don't think Monk is it.

Why wouldn't we spend?

If we are cleared of any wrongdoing by the efl then as of last year's figures we are £2M in the black.

If we are found guilty and only have a points deduction. See above.

The only way we wouldn't spend is if we get a transfer embargo or DC is fed up with thisShit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I would rather a young lad be thrown into the mix - Alex Hunt did well yesterday and has shown enough potential to be given another chance. 

The sooner Big Dave leaves the club the better.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to speak about Nuhiu like that. He’s better than you give him credit for plus he’s a total professional unlike some of the others we’ve had over the last 4 or 5 years. 

I’m 50/50 whether he should leave. I’m fully aware that we need a total clear out and a new direction and players like Atty may need a new challenge themselves.

I want Rhodes, Westwood and Lees out of this club who are earning £90k per week between them and are doing next to f all. 

• Like 3