We’re obviously not going to go on a spending spree and...

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to speak about Nuhiu like that. He’s better than you give him credit for plus he’s a total professional unlike some of the others we’ve had over the last 4 or 5 years. 

I’m 50/50 whether he should leave. I’m fully aware that we need a total clear out and a new direction and players like Atty may need a new challenge themselves.

I want Rhodes, Westwood and Lees out of this club who are earning £90k per week between them and are doing next to f all. 

No what's disrespectful is that Nuhiu starts to play I can't say well but ups his game when he wants a new contract. This is a bit like 2 years ago when err his last contract was due for renewal.

I agree with getting the other 3 out of the club. 

3 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Why, after several years of awful recruitment, does anyone think all of a sudden, we can sign a team full of talented driven players?  Anyone that does is totally deluded. All we will sign is more of the same.

Sadly that comes from inept leadership.

I’d resign Lee and Nuhiu for next season,

unpopular opinion but I’d maybe look to sell Bannan, if we could use the money to strengthen 2/3 positions, I used to think he was indispensable, but my views are changing now  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to speak about Nuhiu like that. He’s better than you give him credit for plus he’s a total professional unlike some of the others we’ve had over the last 4 or 5 years. 

I’m 50/50 whether he should leave. I’m fully aware that we need a total clear out and a new direction and players like Atty may need a new challenge themselves.

I want Rhodes, Westwood and Lees out of this club who are earning £90k per week between them and are doing next to f all. 

Thats only £4.5mill a year, what you moaning about..... what a joke club

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Apart from the fact that Hooper and Fletcher were terrific players, but a dire partnership.

That is, if you measure success on goals and points.

Whats your point? I said Hooper & FF, not Fletcher. 

Just now, billyblack said:

Thats only £4.5mill a year, what you moaning about..... what a joke club

Quite incredible really. Why we gave Tom Lees a 5 year contract beggars belief. Things change within 5 years. Jordan Rhodes 4.5 year deal. 

You can tell this club has been so badly managed from top to bottom with players on too much money on long contracts who have invariably been disruptive. 

Im hoping we can shift these 3 players on in the summer but I think it’s more wishful thinking than reality. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
36 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I would rather a young lad be thrown into the mix - Alex Hunt did well yesterday and has shown enough potential to be given another chance. 

The sooner Big Dave leaves the club the better.

You’ve got your eyes painted on mate. Hunt was crap yesterday.

11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don't wanna watch Kieran Lee fall apart one piece at a time either. After 8yrs, it's time for his successor.

His successor replaced him at half time. Patience. Bringing him in gradually with Lee as mentor makes sense. We have a gem in that young lad. I'd have no problem with giving Lee another season contract if the strategy was for him to bring through Hunt for continuity.

Same with Urhoghide. He needs a senior player mentoring as well. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

His successor replaced him at half time. Patience. Bringing him in gradually with Lee as mentor makes sense. We have a gem in that young lad. I'd have no problem with giving Lee another season contract if the strategy was for him to bring through Hunt for continuity.

Same with Urhoghide. He needs a senior player mentoring as well. 

Bannan is Hunt's mentor. He's already spoken about it. Lee cannot get through games in succession. The fact Monk has to protect him so often shows where he's at. He ain't the Kieran Lee from 4yrs ago. Sentimental fools can't bare the thought of players leaving. People wanting Lee to stay are probably the same ones wanting new contracts for Fletcher & Forestieri. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bannan is Hunt's mentor. He's already spoken about it. Lee cannot get through games in succession. The fact Monk has to protect him so often shows where he's at. He ain't the Kieran Lee from 4yrs ago. Sentimental fools can't bare the thought of players leaving. People wanting Lee to stay are probably the same ones wanting new contracts for Fletcher & Forestieri. 

It really showed on Sunday just how much of a mini me of Bannan Hunt is. From trying the same passes to taking up the same role infront of the centre backs. Can tell who he is learning from. 

If we are going to use them both in midfield again they need someone behind them, not infront of them like Luongo was.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think Hunt is more box to box than Bannan is. Don't get me wrong, he's got a good passing range and vision like Bannan but he moved around the pitch like Lee.

You are way off the mark if you think my comment has anything to do with sentimentality. It is common sense with a threadbare squad and no other options.

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think Hunt is more box to box than Bannan is. Don't get me wrong, he's got a good passing range and vision like Bannan but he moved around the pitch like Lee.

You are way off the mark if you think my comment has anything to do with sentimentality. It is common sense with a threadbare squad and no other options.

That's pure rubbish. There is no common sense in keeping an ageing player past his best with a history of serious injuries that needs protecting because he can't get through games. No other options?! That's what recruitment is for. 

27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

That's pure rubbish. There is no common sense in keeping an ageing player past his best with a history of serious injuries that needs protecting because he can't get through games. No other options?! That's what recruitment is for. 

Exactly, I doubt he would get through 20 full games over a full season. Lee is my favourite player of the chansiri era but we need to move on. There will be loads of players available this year, it’s up to our recruitment team to find them.

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

That's your opinion. But he's been pretty effective in the last few games and certainly had a positive impact going forward. In four games he's played over 240 minutes out of 360. Hardly a basket case. Let's see how many minutes he's had after the next five games.

He was taken off with a tight calf, it can happen any player if any age, especially in these unprecedented circumstances and such a compressed schedule.

He's not the player he was, but he's not ready for the scrapheap either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Exactly, I doubt he would get through 20 full games over a full season. Lee is my favourite player of the chansiri era but we need to move on. There will be loads of players available this year, it’s up to our recruitment team to find them.

True, but I'm not expecting anything significant to happen in the transfer market and with the uncertainty of which league we'll be in next season we won't have much time to bring in new faces. I agree with refreshing the team, but that has to be measured and gradual.

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Why wouldn't we spend?

If we are cleared of any wrongdoing by the efl then as of last year's figures we are £2M in the black.

If we are found guilty and only have a points deduction. See above.

The only way we wouldn't spend is if we get a transfer embargo or DC is fed up with thisShit.

The formula for P&S has been discussed endlessly yet some still profess expertise on it from an entirely inaccurate position. It's for a three year rolling period which currently sees a loss of almost £21m from two years ago, and a £2m profit from the year after. The next accounts are due in a few years and I would expect a loss of circa £20m again. Any more than that and we are in breach of the regulations AGAIN. However, it is not clear what effect the wide ranging changes resulting from the Coronavirus outbreak will mean for the financial regulations.

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

No what's disrespectful is that Nuhiu starts to play I can't say well but ups his game when he wants a new contract. This is a bit like 2 years ago when err his last contract was due for renewal.

I agree with getting the other 3 out of the club. 

It really is pathetic that there is such reliance on these lazy cliches. Think about what you're suggesting. Taking it to it's logical conclusion you reckon Nuhiu has the potential to score 30 goals a season but simply can't be bothered to try most of the time. These things can happen without reaching for the tin foil hat like when Nigel Pearson scored 12 in 1990/1 from central defence, Andy Pearce scored in 3 consecutive games or Jordan Rhodes got nearly a quarter of his Wednesday goals in just 45 minutes.