We’re obviously not going to go on a spending spree and...

... extending existing players’ contract has less of an impact on profit and sustainability/FFP so I think we ought to be prepared for a frustrating close season with some “unpopular choices” re-signing or extending existing contracts. 

• Like 1

Just now, shandypants said:

... extending existing players’ contract has less of an impact on profit and sustainability/FFP so I think we ought to be prepared for a frustrating close season with some “unpopular choices” re-signing or extending existing contracts. 

i think you could be right and if they are prepared to accept lower wages then why not ......

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Don’t think he would accept League 1 mate!

Nor should we. Win the case.

We need an overhaul, whether we avoid the drop or not. After 7yrs, I don't wanna see Nuhiu amble around the pitch anymore. Let another club have that pleasure. I don't wanna watch Kieran Lee fall apart one piece at a time either. After 8yrs, it's time for his successor.

Time will tell whether Monk succeeds or not, but at least his recruitment plan for younger more dynamic players is on the right track. Recruit well, give him a go. Bring in someone else to get more out of them if he fails. All starts with good recruitment. 

@wilyfox Just summed up how I feel as well.

Everyone that we are not currently committed to should be allowed to leave. Not because I dislike some players but because we should take this opportunity to refresh wherever we can, it's long overdue. 

Once again last night I could see the benefits of Monks new system even with several individuals under performing. Monk is looking for a level of commitment, consistency and application that too many of our players have proven time and time again, they don't have.

Good players will be available as the dust settles on the current situation, regardless of the outcome of the EFL case. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Everyone that we are not currently committed to should be allowed to leave. Not because I dislike some players but because we should take this opportunity to refresh wherever we can, it's long overdue. 

Once again last night I could see the benefits of Monks new system even with several individuals under performing. Monk is looking for a level of commitment, consistency and application that too many of our players have proven time and time again, they don't have.

Good players will be available as the dust settles on the current situation, regardless of the outcome of the EFL case. 

I agree we need a refresh - absolutely; but given our current situation, I just can’t see wholesale changes happening. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
41 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No, I won't accept Nuhiu. Goodbye. 

Why? He’s better than Rhodes, Da Cruz and the already departed Winnall. Fantastic header yesterday that none of the above 3 could do. A useful squad player. Keep

33 minutes ago, Morepork said:

a number of our players should thoroughly enjoy the fantastic salaries they get from swfc, but spend some, and put some away for a rainy day, as rainy days are coming soon for a number of you.

nip down to sports direct and see if they have a toytown, or donny kit for you to try on in front of the mirror, as you maybe going there.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I agree we need a refresh - absolutely; but given our current situation, I just can’t see wholesale changes happening. 

But surely if the worst does happen then those players and high salaries need to go regardless. For me, irrespective of us staying in this league or dropping down one the personnel still change. 

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

But surely if the worst does happen then those players and high salaries need to go regardless. For me, irrespective of us staying in this league or dropping down one the personnel still change. 

BIG CLEAROUT.

WANTED, footballers with passion, desire, and ability, no prima donnas, or cripples up for a payday need apply. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would it be naive of me to think that the out of contract players that signed extensions didn't do so purely for the love of the club and an extra month's pay?

Wouldn't it be likely that offers are already on the table for another year at least?