Julian Borner

27 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Duss have been through the mill,I recall the old ground when I was a kid,it was a bit like owlerton dog track,god its summat else now,but they were always a lower league side,that occasionally flirted with top flight,new stadiums spanking,55K and luxury.

Its gone bad for Bremen,they just couldnt get out of that losing habit,big shock,as was hamburg last season,there time will come,although theres rumours of some big financial troubles at humburg

Not been to Dusseldorf's stadium but it looks fantastic. Been to Schalke's which is amazing and went to their old stadium to see them play Koln. It was a huge open concrete bowl with an athletics track, 60K there.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not been to Dusseldorf's stadium but it looks fantastic. Been to Schalke's which is amazing and went to their old stadium to see them play Koln. It was a huge open concrete bowl with an athletics track, 60K there.

Obviously Ive been to the new Duss ground a few times,night they got promoted it was packed,not a spare ticket,what huge improvement from the old days,went to the old munich ground,Olympic stad,and Koln when Woodcock played one year.

Yeah I quite like the bundesliga,its moved with the times and the fans are more connected/thought about which is refreshing from other countries

8 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

Hes played a blinder today,like a chocolate teapot,he just stands and watches,hed be better off in the stand,just as your thinking "go on then Borner head it"he doesnt react at all,thought he died when he left Reach out to dry,why is Adam Reach having to defend Borners ball?Does he take sleeping tablets before a match?

Up at Blackburn he cost us all three points,he just switched off,no wonder Bielefeld let him go,how many times this season has Borner just flicked the off switch,hes useless,hes a passenger almost every game,and when hes not,hes a passenger for 50% of a game,hes like an on field tourist he just watches the match and occasionally he joins in,even then he fhucks it up and some idiots on here rated him MOM what are they watching?

When the ball came into the box, Börner was covering Ayew; Reach was watching Roberts and was already on the move to beat him to the ball. Our defensive shape is pretty decent here.

1569775712_ScreenShot2020-07-06at09_51_37.png.0035be6c31c41914005546fb8fec5de8.png

As the ball comes over, it's clear that neither Ayew nor Börner is in a position to be able to reach it, but Reach has Roberts covered...

1926186119_ScreenShot2020-07-06at09_36_49.png.bb82065336990fbe3e642617c1227294.png

He's got this...

167500064_ScreenShot2020-07-06at09_37_57.png.dcc77281882f24ab50f24b6f309904fd.png

Oh...

1351264463_ScreenShot2020-07-06at09_38_23.png.282ddd5e0b739d2b580b282eafae8cb0.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He's garbage.

Don't even think he's up to Championship standard, can't pass, can't run, gives the ball away, gets caught out of position, slow.... but pumps his fists and waves his arms about quite a bit so some people think he's Beckenbauer.

He wouldn't get into any of the top 10 sides of this division.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I wonder if he thinks he made the wrong decision coming here. Arminia Bielefeld are champions of Bundesliga 2. If he'd stayed there he would have been playing in the Bundesliga next season.

If he'd stayed there he either wouldn't have gotten a game or they'd be down at the bottom.

14 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

With ball at feet he’s very competent. With Iorfa on the right of a 3 and Borner in the middle we just need a left footed clone of Iorfa on the left and then that should be the back 3 sorted going into next season.

There has to be a few good quality defenders in the lower leagues?!

Leave Iorfa in the centre of the 3. His pace is good enough to cover both the left and right sides if we are stretched.

Palmer is a full back converted from a midfielder. We need a right sided centre back first and foremost if we persevere with 3-5-2.

We will have JVA back next season to act as back up on the left, (although I hope that won’t be needed too often).

My MoM for Saturday as I seemed to notice him more than anyone else. His anticipation is just too good. He’s brilliant at intercepting balls played into their strikers feet. Comfortable on the ball, got a good pass on him. Him and Iorfa for the long term 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I wonder if he thinks he made the wrong decision coming here. Arminia Bielefeld are champions of Bundesliga 2. If he'd stayed there he would have been playing in the Bundesliga next season.

Coincidence? I think not!

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

He's garbage.

Don't even think he's up to Championship standard, can't pass, can't run, gives the ball away, gets caught out of position, slow.... but pumps his fists and waves his arms about quite a bit so some people think he's Beckenbauer.

He wouldn't get into any of the top 10 sides of this division.

He has 78% passing accuracy so far this season and only Bannan averages more passes per game.

Not bad for someone who can't pass.

678398034_StevieWonder.jpg.14203df329fa4d6ce0936f76222a67c2.jpg

While we're here: he ranks second in our squad for interceptions per game, second for blocks per game, and fourth for aerial duels.

There are also 20 players in our squad with a higher average number of both unsuccessful touches and times dispossessed per game.

It's fascinating how some people's perceptions of the game can differ so much from reality, isn't it?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

With ball at feet he’s very competent. With Iorfa on the right of a 3 and Borner in the middle we just need a left footed clone of Iorfa on the left and then that should be the back 3 sorted going into next season.

There has to be a few good quality defenders in the lower leagues?!

Of course, but we won’t find him. Our scouting system is the equivalent of david blunkett going fishing.

• Haha 2

Part of a defence that's conceded 56 goals in 41 games 

That's more than Middlesbrough and charlton 

Wouldn't exactly say its been a successful debut season 

20 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

When you dig a bit deeper, you find it's a bit more subtle than that...

We've conceded 36 goals in 2709 mins with Börner on the pitch - a goal every 75 mins.

Without him, we've conceded 20 goals in 936 mins - a goal every 47 mins.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I thought all that was Dawson's fault?

Or Westwood's?

Or Lees?

Or Odubajo?

Or Fox?

etc.

• Haha 1