Julian Borner

Guest gizowl

If we persist with the 352 formation I think we need someone quicker on the left than Borner, thought Fox was the man for that position but it's now another addition to the squad required. 

With ball at feet he’s very competent. With Iorfa on the right of a 3 and Borner in the middle we just need a left footed clone of Iorfa on the left and then that should be the back 3 sorted going into next season.

There has to be a few good quality defenders in the lower leagues?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I like him - he’s a good player and totally committed. Should be our club captain next season. 

Club captain should be able to significantly  influence the dressing room. Not sure border has that. But a very solid player.

Well Il be honest Im not a fan,far from it,hes slow and ponderous,english footballs far to fast and frenetic for the bloke.

Why didnt he not fill in the hole vacated by Iorfa today,thats his job,NOT Luongos,and why has he left Reach to defend a cross,he was watching the ball,so when he doesnt go for it,Reach has had to react for him,because hes still watching the cross,but that defensive indecision means Reach is a couple of seconds late setting off.

And its not the first time this season JB has stood and watched a ball into the area

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I wonder if he thinks he made the wrong decision coming here. Arminia Bielefeld are champions of Bundesliga 2. If he'd stayed there he would have been playing in the Bundesliga next season.

Wonder why they didnt win the title when Borner was there..................conceeded too many goals Id guess!

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Ronson
6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I wonder if he thinks he made the wrong decision coming here. Arminia Bielefeld are champions of Bundesliga 2. If he'd stayed there he would have been playing in the Bundesliga next season.

He looks happy enough mate, as long as he takes care of his family.

9 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Wonder why they didnt win the title when Borner was there..................conceeded too many goals Id guess!

They've been decent in recent seasons 4th in 2017-18 and 7th last season. They did concede 50 goals last season compared to 30 this season.

Yes theyve been decent,Im more Dusseldorf for family reasons,in part im a Westphalian,Leverkussen would have been a better choice but way back when I was born they were no hopers,

They upgraded on Borner when he left as they needed to and have reaped the rewards,alas replacing Duss,but theyl be back!

7 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Yes theyve been decent,Im more Dusseldorf for family reasons,in part im a Westphalian,Leverkussen would have been a better choice but way back when I was born they were no hopers,

They upgraded on Borner when he left as they needed to and have reaped the rewards,alas replacing Duss,but theyl be back!

I've always taken an interest in German football. I've spent a bit of time in Germany, seen quite a few games over there and always enjoyed it. I think 2.Bundesliga is a very good standard despite what people here may think.

Yeah a shame about Dussledorf but I suppose it's more of a shock that Werder Bremen could be joining them if they lose their play off.

Also a surprise that Hamburger SV didn't go straight back up and now will have another season in the 2nd tier.

19 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

looks like a shopping area?

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I've always taken an interest in German football. I've spent a bit of time in Germany, seen quite a few games over there and always enjoyed it. I think 2.Bundesliga is a very good standard despite what people here may think.

Yeah a shame about Dussledorf but I suppose it's more of a shock that Werder Bremen could be joining them if they lose their play off.

Also a surprise that Hamburger SV didn't go straight back up and now will have another season in the 2nd tier.

Duss have been through the mill,I recall the old ground when I was a kid,it was a bit like owlerton dog track,god its summat else now,but they were always a lower league side,that occasionally flirted with top flight,new stadiums spanking,55K and luxury.

Its gone bad for Bremen,they just couldnt get out of that losing habit,big shock,as was hamburg last season,there time will come,although theres rumours of some big financial troubles at humburg