THE EFL HEARING THREAD

21 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

It was reported, a week or so ago, that if the EFL charges were not concluded "to the satisfaction of Barnsley FC" then Paul Conway would take legal action against the EFL.

barnsley fc, and it's pisspotically dimwit, unwashed, sister admiring support are nothing less than bitter, twisted, wednesday hating 'tards.

their bitter little sh*tpot club need to fackoff back where they belong.

but credit where it's due, when they get there, it's not long before the sister shagging b***ards are back up, we never match that, and we need to build in the same manner as they and the pigs do in our future.

Just now, dorian gray said:

barnsley fc, and it's pisspotically dimwit, unwashed, sister admiring support are nothing less than bitter, twisted, wednesday hating 'tards.

but credit where it's due, when they get there, it's not long before the sister shagging b***ards are back up, we never match that, and we need to build in the same manner as they and the pigs do in our future.

We have a swear filter on here for a reason mate.

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Everyone's all serious and trying to get all offended

In fact there seems to be a competition on how can out-offended each other

I was going to take offence but decided to take a gate instead.

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Haha 1

Guest AndyOwl
6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

wait while battle commences over if they'd prefer to stand, or sing.

Either is fine, some people like to do it and some don't, you pays your money, you choose what you do, so long as its legal. 

Guest struckanerve
1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Can be bad enough at Hillsborough, but do you go to away games? (not i'm a better fan than you statement, relevant to the point).

Do you remember the regular fights that were breaking out between Wednesdayites at the time. They were mainly caused by fans who "felt intense dislike for" Fox or maybe Dawson on occasions & ones who took offence at the level of this abuse. This was happening regularly.

You obviously are of the opinion that Boos and criticism to tell people to up their performance are some sort of motivational tool that actually works so probably leave it at that.

No, I don't get to many away matches. I am no psychologist, but the best managers usually say they handle players differently, some 'need the arm around their shoulder' others a 'kick up the ar**e' so I guess it's not a simple thing to say whether criticism is good or bad as it will effect players differently. On the Warnock documentary for Sheff Utd he was having a right go at them at half time when they played poorly, Ferguson had his 'hair-dryer', so obviously at times criticism of players is needed to improve their performance.

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ha ha I was thinking more of the teams that are around us in the league but yes I wouldn’t mind Preston losing as well. 

Knobbers seem to turn it on for us every season at their place

only time recently we won there was with the team that wouldnt be bullied... reda, big mig, semedo, batth etc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Knobbers seem to turn it on for us every season at their place

only time recently we won there was with the team that wouldnt be bullied... reda, big mig, semedo, batth etc

luton and charlton winning so far. Bad news. Hope to god Barnsley don’t win. Could do with Hull and Boro losing or even drawing later on. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

31 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I was going to take offence but decided to take a gate instead.

Careful, you might offend Asteener with remarks like that! 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

Was she from Barnsley, by any chance?  

10 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

No, I don't get to many away matches. I am no psychologist, but the best managers usually say they handle players differently, some 'need the arm around their shoulder' others a 'kick up the ar**e' so I guess it's not a simple thing to say whether criticism is good or bad as it will effect players differently. On the Warnock documentary for Sheff Utd he was having a right go at them at half time when they played poorly, Ferguson had his 'hair-dryer', so obviously at times criticism of players is needed to improve their performance.

I think there is a huge difference between between a manager 'managing and fan's 'slagging'.

The former is meant to be 'constructive' the latter is purely 'negative'.

The points you make are generally valid though, especially how different players react to differing approaches.

1 hour ago, AndyOwl said:

I like the cultured feel of the South stand compared to the Kop and North (I originally sat on the North but persistent standers peed me off). 

Wouldn't mind some worthers during a game, sure I've had them before, just a roll mind, not a bag. 

You do also get yobbos on the south stand but I try to sit away from them, it's why I dislike the WAWAW thing, just because someone supports owls doesn't make them a decent person. 

Haven't noticed that South standers are generally older, mainly a decent set of fans. 

I'd just like to point out that Werthers are superb, like a sweeter version of butterscotch. The sugar free ones are good two, although an acquired taste. I always have some with me and I sit on the kop.

• Like 1