THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Key said:

On what grounds are you basing your guilty verdict?

I said 'if we were to be handed a deduction' so I'm not taking it for granted we'll even be found guilty. Just speculating that there isn't time to relegate either Derby or us this season.

41 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I don't think we'll get a points deduction this season, EFL needs to resolve relegations from Championship soon so that teams can plan ahead for next season starting in just 7-8 weeks or so, and if we were to be handed this deduction, we would have 14 days to appeal it and then be entitled hearings, etc. within 21 days of that, so 5 weeks of delays to confirm or overrule the initial verdict. That just wouldn't do for any of the other teams involved who would be affected if they take the drop instead of us, EFL would face a shitstorm and new lawsuits, I would guess.

Of course, I could be wrong and they could dock us 9 points and relegate us this season, but I'm think it more likely they'll slap us for 12 or even 21 points on next season. At least the problems would be behind us then, but from a sporting perspective we'd be sentenced to death and have a massive mountain to climb.

Season officially ends 4th August doesn’t it? Next Tuesday......

many have also pointed out, any appeal by us / EFL on the outcome would drag on for another few months. 

I can’t see how they’ll deduct us points this season - however, it’s be ironic if they said ‘right you’re guilty, 8 point deduction but it’ll be next season’ and then Chansiri arguing it should be this season it’s deducted (-8 would see us safe)

lol

Edited by Essix Blue

If it’s taken this long to come to a decision, how can an appeal have a three week time scale?

secondly if it’s taking this long then it must be a very very tight decision 49/51 for or against. Therefore it’s almost inevitable an appeal will follow. Think this is going to drag on for a while yet

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If it’s taken this long to come to a decision, how can an appeal have a three week time scale?

secondly if it’s taking this long then it must be a very very tight decision 49/51 for or against. Therefore it’s almost inevitable an appeal will follow. Think this is going to drag on for a while yet

How do you get a 49/51 split between 3 people?

3 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

When are the fixtures due out..............a decision for this season would have to be made before they are released.............once they are released an appeal would truly fk things up

Placeholder team names for bottom 3?

Guest hirstysfags
3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Multiple personality disorder?

If Barnsley are involved, then it's easy.

Mother = sister, lover, auntie all rolled into one...etc.....

13 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

How do you get a 49/51 split between 3 people?

I failed o level maths. Was it a three man panel? So a chair, one chosen by the EFL and one by us? Sure I read that but thought it was five? And I know the maths doesn’t work either way. But it’s three then surely the chair will always make the decision? Maybe that’s why it’s taking so long, the other two keep giving him Indian burns. 

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I failed o level maths. Was it a three man panel? So a chair, one chosen by the EFL and one by us? Sure I read that but thought it was five? And I know the maths doesn’t work either way. But it’s three then surely the chair will always make the decision? Maybe that’s why it’s taking so long, the other two keep giving him Indian burns. 

Saying 49/51 doesn’t work with a 3 man panel is correct if each man has a binary thought of 100% guilty or 100% not.

its not beyond the realms of reality for each man to think its 49/51 as their individual thoughts 

37 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yeh it’s 3 persons. Dunno how the vote goes if it’s 2v1

Presumably Charlton Athletic are already negotiating with players/staff/transfer targets on the basis that they are in League one next season.

Massively unfair on them if they find out at the 11th hour that they're back on the Championship with a League One squad.

For that reason alone, I think relegation for us must be off the table now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Yeh it’s 3 persons. Dunno how the vote goes if it’s 2v1

There is provision in the regulations for a Disciplinary Commission to comprise three persons (Chairperson plus 2 ‘side members’) but it’s also possible for the parties to agree to have the case heard before a single chairperson without side members.