THE EFL HEARING THREAD

36 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

That’s not what was said. He said it would all come down to the actual evidence SWFC had that the EFL had sanctioned the ground sale transaction AND its inclusion in the the 2017 accounts. If it was both then we have a strong case. If it’s the former without the latter then less so

So if the sale is allowed (with all the evidence etc) will the 60m reverse in the 2017 accounts be included in our FFP calculations?  And if so how much room will we have this summer to put a new squad together?  Is it the previous 3 years or is our current calculation on y/e 18, 19 and 20 (in which case a good year in 17 makes no difference, except to remove any embargo). We’re down below the bare bones and will need every penny this summer. 

34 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

So if the sale is allowed (with all the evidence etc) will the 60m reverse in the 2017 accounts be included in our FFP calculations?  And if so how much room will we have this summer to put a new squad together?  Is it the previous 3 years or is our current calculation on y/e 18, 19 and 20 (in which case a good year in 17 makes no difference, except to remove any embargo). We’re down below the bare bones and will need every penny this summer. 

Depends on the soon to be published 2018-19 accounts. In 2016-17 accounts we made a loss of c21m, in 2017-18 a 2m profit (after allowing for the ground sale). That gives us 20m headroom for 2018-2019. Can see us eating into a fair chunk of that, if not exceeding it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Depends on the soon to be published 2018-19 accounts. In 2016-17 accounts we made a loss of c21m, in 2017-18 a 2m profit (after allowing for the ground sale). That gives us 20m headroom for 2018-2019. Can see us eating into a fair chunk of that, if not exceeding it

The loss for 2018 will be close to but will not exceed the circa £20m. Even Chansiri isn’t that useless, so we can be fairly confident that the price he negotiated with himself in July 2017 will turn out to be coincidentally sufficient  to cover the necessary losses to July 2018 to stay within the rolling £39m.

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

The loss for 2018 will be close to but will not exceed the circa £20m. Even Chansiri isn’t that useless, so we can be fairly confident that the price he negotiated with himself in July 2017 will turn out to be coincidentally sufficient  to cover the necessary losses to July 2018 to stay within the rolling £39m.

Have to agree the value of the stadium must have been reached to help cover a financial period of losses.  You would hope

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Definitely, but if you read the article it doesn’t add much. One thing he said was that the parties to the case can decide not to have the decision published, which could mean we will be left in the dark about how any sanction was arrived at

so we might just look at the league table next season and won’t find ourselves in the Championship but on the league one table? In all seriousness it’s absolutely crazy we still don’t know the outcome, how can we plan for next season if we don’t know what league we are in. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Worth listening to?  I forgot to turn it on. 

Also well worth a read in the Overview section of the Football Law website is the article about the structure, finances and governance of the EFL - highly recommended

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/the-english-football-league-overview

Edited by HarrowbyOwl

8 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Also well worth a read in the Overview section of the Football Law website is the article about the structure, finances and governance of the EFL - highly recommended

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/the-english-football-league-overview

I posted that couple of days ago, makes for interesting reading gives us a bit of hope.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

12 hours ago, Craig enock said:

If that's true and I don't want to be rude but I have my doubts lol. Then that is ridiculous 🙄 

11 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Can't believe that Matt.. SAG would have a field day

Like I said I wasn't sure when I was told. 

I believe it comes from a very close relative of someone on here who has been a genuine itk in the past.

I was told at work, i just work a few hundred yards from Hillsborough. 

Could be true might not be??

Are we able to see the safety certificates???

On a side note how many s companies did he set up, as I did wonder if that was to do with it.

I dont know but nothing would surprise me

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Thanks. So after all this we probably won’t have much if any headroom and we’re down to a threadbare squad that has shown itself unable to compete.  I’m grateful for DC splashing some cash and a couple of good seasons but it’s hard to argue that this is anything other than poor management of the club.  It makes you look fondly on the days of Charlton and Wilkinson, and even Atkinson, when we achieved through hard work, some home grown talent and prudent financial management. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Like I said I wasn't sure when I was told. 

I believe it comes from a very close relative of someone on here who has been a genuine itk in the past.

I was told at work, i just work a few hundred yards from Hillsborough. 

Could be true might not be??

Are we able to see the safety certificates???

On a side note how many s companies did he set up, as I did wonder if that was to do with it.

I dont know but nothing would surprise me

Heard rumours "Sheffield 69" now own La chambre. Next season's sponsor?