THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I've heard that too. Seems they want to be associated with us because we're the only establishment in Sheffield that's worse than them at keeping clean sheets. 

We also go down quite quickly & bend over easily.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I've heard that too. Seems they want to be associated with us because we're the only establishment in Sheffield that's worse than them at keeping clean sheets. 

brilliant tris

Please for the love of Waddle let there be a decision by Monday.  

It’s amazing that last summer was ruined by the uncertainty of losing our manager, and this summer we have the uncertainty of not knowing what frigging league we are in.  

Hate to predict what next summer will bring.

Supporting Wednesday is a hard slog at times 

• Like 2

On 22/07/2020 at 13:52, HarrowbyOwl said:

Having opted to go to arbitration as opposed to litigation there is very little scope to revert to the courts subsequently. 

i think that dc thought differently, that should the panel decide the written proof he had was worthless, and took action against wednesday causing the club any damage, THEN action would be taken against the efl to recover substantial financial losses.

time will tell, but there's been an awful lot of bedwetting on here, some even wanting us sanctioning to 'get it over' as we're obviously guilty

• Like 2

On 22/07/2020 at 14:01, Hookowl said:

It would be hard to challenge in a court of law for financial damages if the independent panel satisfy certain criteria, which I am sure they will be aware of when making a decision.

eg.

Did the panel have a genuine belief that the party was guilty/not guilty of the misconduct in question?

Did they have reasonable grounds to sustain that belief?

Had reasonable investigations been carried out?

Was the sanction a fair sanction?

i imagine, and i'm only guessing here, but the law of land stands the highest in the land.

WRITTEN PERMISSION from an authorised league official, is PERMISSION.

• Like 2

On 22/07/2020 at 14:12, Essix Blue said:

I guess all clubs agree to follow the EFL rules / code. It probably says in there that the decision of the appeal panel is final, thus negating any chance of further law suits 

i'll guess differently. law or the land is over mickey mouse, who so ever club your in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i imagine, and i'm only guessing here, but the law of land stands the highest in the land.

WRITTEN PERMISSION from an authorised league official, is PERMISSION.

Yes but we are dealing with the EFL here. Remember FF. Don’t care if you’ve been cleared in a court of law we think your guilty 

• Like 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Yes but we are dealing with the EFL here. Remember FF. Don’t care if you’ve been cleared in a court of law we think your guilty 

that was the kangaroo court sitting AFTER the law had spoken, this is the law judging the kangaroo court if it goes ahead, i imagine there's one or two rubbing their hands at getting in on this one.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So, what do you think the likely outcome will be?  Guilty or Not Guilty 

i haven't a clue, just as anyone who can see what's took so long can see. 

i'm going for the 'i don't know' answer as i'm hoping to get a place on the next panel to sit.

seriously, guilty, mitigating circumstances, ten bob fine, half a dozen points off this last season, and a warning of future conduct to ALL clubs in the division.

• Thanks 1