THE EFL HEARING THREAD

10 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Presumably Charlton Athletic are already negotiating with players/staff/transfer targets on the basis that they are in League one next season.

Massively unfair on them if they find out at the 11th hour that they're back on the Championship with a League One squad.

For that reason alone, I think relegation for us must be off the table now

But if you asked them I am sure they would take it above relegation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

If it’s taken this long to come to a decision, how can an appeal have a three week time scale?

secondly if it’s taking this long then it must be a very very tight decision 49/51 for or against. Therefore it’s almost inevitable an appeal will follow. Think this is going to drag on for a while yet

There are 2 types of appeal possible. The original decision can be put aside and the whole case is heard again. Or the appeal can be asked to rule if the first decision was made in error. If not it still stands. In the first type it could be lengthy but the second type could be expedited. 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

But if you asked them I am sure they would take it above relegation 

Yes, I'm sure your right, but I'd be a bit aggrieved if I'd effectively been forced to sell my best players etc due to a situation that was nothing to do with my club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darra said:

There seems to be talk going around social media that nothing will be disclosed about us until Derby's case is resolved. Sounds reasonably plausible?

Doesn’t say much for the so-called independence of the Disciplinary Commissions if that’s the case

What a pathetic lot this independent panel is, must be a world record for not making a decision. Already having an impact on us as to who we should sign or whether players actually want to come and play for the owls. As usual another late start to the transfer season.

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

What a pathetic lot this independent panel is, must be a world record for not making a decision. Already having an impact on us as to who we should sign or whether players actually want to come and play for the owls. As usual another late start to the transfer season.

I wonder if the complexity of the issue relate to accountant proceedings and they therefore need advice from an accountant. Maybe they are waiting on an expert opinion? Perhaps that’s the delay?