THE EFL HEARING THREAD

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I would say so, less chance of whatever it is being applied this season if it's a deduction

If it's a deduction, and it's any more than 8 points, I'd rather have it this year.

Starting any division on minus points would kill us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

If it's a deduction, and it's any more than 8 points, I'd rather have it this year.

I'd rather take our chances, I think next season is an important one to be in the championship bearing in mind what is going on at the moment. Lots of club's will be in financial difficulty down in league one or two and being in the same division as them can't do anything good for us as well as miss out on a year of championship money

• Like 4

Dont go there again, you want to chance going down to a league that may well collapse and therefore put our future in jeopardy.

IF that was the case  I would sooner take my chances in the championship every time whatever the points deduction.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'd rather take our chances, I think next season is an important one to be in the championship bearing in mind what is going on at the moment. Lots of club's will be in financial difficulty down in league one or two and being in the same division as them can't do anything good for us as well as miss out on a year of championship money

My worry is starting League One on minus points...

• Haha 1

My worry is starting League One on minus points...

How would that work? It's only one points deduction, so either we get relegated or start next season on minus points (if we do get a deduction) but we can't be relegated *and* start on minus points in League 1

Edited by Minton
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Minton said:

How would that work? It's only one points deduction, so either we get relegated or start next season on minus points (if we do get a deduction) but we can't be relegated *and* start on minus points in League 1

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When we hand over our accounts in 4 days time, further adding to our potential punishment.

The EFL have already seen our accounts, teams have to show provisional accounts to the EFL end of Feb so that any deductions can be sorted before the season ends (a la Birmingham)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

The EFL have already seen our accounts, teams have to show provisional accounts to the EFL end of Feb so that any deductions can be sorted before the season ends (a la Birmingham)

But we are being charged for 'offences' relating to the year before, and were charged back in November, so could our latest accounts, if big losses have accrued (which they most certainly will have done) compound our punishment further, for example some punishment can be suspended, and come into play if further breaches are made?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

So you have seen our accounts? Did you play Fraser in dads army, cos its all bloody doom and gloom with you lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

But we are being charged for 'offences' relating to the year before, and were charged back in November, so could our latest accounts, if big losses have accrued (which they most certainly will have done) compound our punishment further, for example some punishment can be suspended, and come into play if further breaches are made?

We don't have anything to worry about with the latest accounts. The stadium sale has put paid to that.  

14 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

We don't have anything to worry about with the latest accounts. The stadium sale has put paid to that.  

Where do you get that from we can lose £39m over 3 years if the July 2019 figures are worse than £21m loss we will breach the limits.

Taking the sale of the stadium out of the July 2018 figures we lost £36m it was a 14 month period but even over a year that £31m about £10m more losses than we can have.

There are allowable expenses such as youth development but if the losses for July 2019 accounting figures are north of £20m we are going to be very close to breaching the limits again for last season.

If this hearing going on into next week do not be surprised if the accounts are not filed by Friday 

We hope for the best but we fear the worse it is the Wednesday way.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Where do you get that from we can lose £39m over 3 years if the July 2019 figures are worse than £21m loss we will breach the limits.

Taking the sale of the stadium out of the July 2018 figures we lost £36m it was a 14 month period but even over a year that £31m about £10m more losses than we can have.

There are allowable expenses such as youth development but if the losses for July 2019 accounting figures are north of £20m we are going to be very close to breaching the limits again for last season.

If this hearing going on into next week do not be surprised if the accounts are not filed by Friday 

We hope for the best but we fear the worse it is the Wednesday way.

Exactly, Uri Geller and the Bereyt's are out in force again.