THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

The only thing that happens with admin is that the Chairman writes off about £50m never to be seen again and Sheffield 3 (ultimately the chairman) get chased for payment of the £60m they owe. Literally the last thing the chairman would do. 

Admin wouldn't benefit P&S it only benefits (potentially) the company...if bought back under CVA by the same CO. Admin will only happen if Chansiri is financially compromised

1 minute ago, Shez said:

Admin wouldn't benefit P&S it only benefits (potentially) the company...if bought back under CVA by the same CO. Admin will only happen if Chansiri is financially compromised

How would that benefit the current chairman?

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Well yes the administrator could liquidate the club unless another buyer can be found, but again none of that benefits the current owner. 

It would benefit him , because he wouldn’t be chucking operating costs at club anymore would he 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It would benefit him , because he wouldn’t be chucking operating costs at club anymore would he 

Well no but it would mean writing off his total investment to date.  How is it a threat to the EFL?

Edited by kirksandallowl

Guest Bulgaria
23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ll be totally honest .... I think Barnsley have every right to kick off if we’re due a deduction that would relegate us and the EFL carry it over to next season 

Absolutely. If the boot was on the other foot there would be a meltdown on here.

I am all for fair play and whether we agree with the EFL rules or not and we are guilty of breaching them, then I guess we deserve what's coming.

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

They may have come to an agreement not to lodge an appeal

I think ( hope) that if we win the case the EFL have an easy get out of further ramifications by not appealing the decision. Season finishes, bottom 3 relegated and they can’t really take the EFL to court over the decision as it was made by an independent panel

47 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Well no but it would mean writing off his total investment to date.  How is it a threat to the EFL?

I never said he was threatening the EFL with it that was suggested by someone else though 

DC’s money has gone, not sure even with promotion to the PL he would see it all back , and would he even sell in the PL to get any back ? I think the notion that he’s here until he gets some money back is a bit naive , he can cut his losses go back to Thailand and probably still live out a comfortable life 

Guest mkowl
59 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

The only thing that happens with admin is that the Chairman writes off about £50m never to be seen again and Sheffield 3 (ultimately the chairman) get chased for payment of the £60m they owe. Literally the last thing the chairman would do. 

oh and we get an automatic 12 point deduction. 

His shareholder loan was 77m per the July 18 accounts. 

And yes the way admin works he would lose that and Sheffield 3 or 5 whichever it is would be chased for the stadium sale money.

That threat seems a blunt instrument

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I never said he was threatening the EFL with it that was suggested by someone else though 

DC’s money has gone, not sure even with promotion to the PL he would see it all back , and would he even sell in the PL to get any back ? I think the notion that he’s here until he gets some money back is a bit naive , he can cut his losses go back to Thailand and probably still live out a comfortable life 

Oh right sorry.  The point is people saying he’s threatened the EFL with putting us in admin are full of poo, it is no threat to them at all. I agree he could just decide to Jack it in and go back and live his life in relative peace & luxury, but he could just cease trading & dissolve the company if that’s what he wanted to do but there are plenty on here who will tell you he can’t just do that. 

22 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Oh right sorry.  The point is people saying he’s threatened the EFL with putting us in admin are full of poo, it is no threat to them at all. I agree he could just decide to Jack it in and go back and live his life in relative peace & luxury, but he could just cease trading & dissolve the company if that’s what he wanted to do but there are plenty on here who will tell you he can’t just do that. 

Yeah I agree it’s unlikely he would threaten it,  EFL probably wouldn’t even care either 

He 100% could just walk away 

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

His shareholder loan was 77m per the July 18 accounts. 

And yes the way admin works he would lose that and Sheffield 3 or 5 whichever it is would be chased for the stadium sale money.

That threat seems a blunt instrument

However, if he put us in admin, he would no longer be putting £3m+ in per month to keep us going.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’ll be totally honest .... I think Barnsley have every right to kick off if we’re due a deduction that would relegate us and the EFL carry it over to next season 

Fair point, but I suppose Barnsley's argument would be that we had a sporting advantage, which is a difficult one as they weren't even in the same league at the time of the alleged infraction. 

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This whole sorry affair needs bringing to a conclusion now.

We need to know what league we are playing next season and what market we are shopping in.

Championship mate, we’ll be fine !!   UTO 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This whole sorry affair needs bringing to a conclusion now.

We need to know what league we are playing next season and what market we are shopping in.

Wuhan Seafood Market.

Bat Balti Pies all round next season.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3