THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t even be bothered with this anymore 

What a joke 

You and me both, I’m starting to believe that we will get the decision after Wednesday night game and enough to stay up.

49 minutes ago, Minton said:

Even if we find out by Wednesday (we won't), either party has 14 days to lodge an appeal. Which will happen, regardless of who wins the case. So it will be another 3 weeks at least before there is a definitive verdict. Pretty much taking it to the start of next season (29th August or 12th September currently). I honestly don't see how they can deduct us points this season. That's before there are any appeals from relegated teams if we escape with a low points deduction or none at all.

Barnsley and Gibson are gonna be angrymad.

I think this is true. But perhaps the appeal has already been lodged. I don’t know if they would announce it and then appeal though. The EFL appeal everything they lose to avoid the other clubs taking action against them.

53 minutes ago, Minton said:

Even if we find out by Wednesday (we won't), either party has 14 days to lodge an appeal. Which will happen, regardless of who wins the case. So it will be another 3 weeks at least before there is a definitive verdict. Pretty much taking it to the start of next season (29th August or 12th September currently). I honestly don't see how they can deduct us points this season. That's before there are any appeals from relegated teams if we escape with a low points deduction or none at all.

Barnsley and Gibson are gonna be angrymad.

It’s ridiculous. How are we meant to plan for next season. We need to know what league we are in so we know budgets, what players we are able to sign etc. Obviously some players may agree to join us in the Championship but they won’t in league one. Wouldnt it be nice to do our transfer business early but if this still hasn’t been announced we won’t be able to do that. 

Guest mkowl
25 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

You and me both, I’m starting to believe that we will get the decision after Wednesday night game and enough to stay up.

It will be announced as they put up the injury time board 

There will be 5 minutes of stoppage time and a 21 point deduction in association with the Boro chairman Mr Pubehead

Look at it this way...to give a big point deduction when the season is all but complete and releasing a team with no ability to address that on three pitch is wrong and won't happen....to give a point deduction that wouldn't relegate a team would pretty much be no punishment at all and waive the club's responsibility, which would be wrong.

Any point deduction or punishment will carry to next season... It's the only fair way (not sure about an appeal...surely an independent arbitration is essentially addressing an appeal of guilty from there club.

For me it'll be -12/15 stay of next season (hence no rush to address the issues before the season completes

If they don’t apply a deduction this season they will be fighting legal cases from all the relegated clubs

Next season doesn’t work, they have to deal with it now 

18 minutes ago, Shez said:

Look at it this way...to give a big point deduction when the season is all but complete and releasing a team with no ability to address that on three pitch is wrong and won't happen....to give a point deduction that wouldn't relegate a team would pretty much be no punishment at all and waive the club's responsibility, which would be wrong.

Any point deduction or punishment will carry to next season... It's the only fair way (not sure about an appeal...surely an independent arbitration is essentially addressing an appeal of guilty from there club.

For me it'll be -12/15 stay of next season (hence no rush to address the issues before the season completes

I get this and I can understand it, but I was under the impression it had to be done this season hence bringing the conclusion forward otherwise why not just say because of the Covid crisis the efl have no other choice but to continue this saga next season with punishment due next season? But they are silent!

What about the other clubs? ( like I care !) Some were under the impression that points would be docked this season so it gave them a fighting chance of staying in a lucrative league over the 3rd tier? 

Either way the EFL have made no comment which puts absolutly everything in the air, they are the body for regulations and laws and to be frank they now look in tatters over recent events.

Edited by TaxiMark

I’ll be totally honest .... I think Barnsley have every right to kick off if we’re due a deduction that would relegate us and the EFL carry it over to next season 

I can only think Chansiri has threatened all sorts if we get a points deduction, like putting the club in admin and  taking it to CAS. Just feel this won't have a happy ending for anyone. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I can only think Chansiri has threatened all sorts if we get a points deduction, like putting the club in admin and  taking it to CAS. Just feel this won't have a happy ending for anyone. 

I’ve heard the admin rumour,  not sure it was a threat to the EFL though , just a consideration regardless 

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I get this and I can understand it, but I was under the impression it had to be done this season hence bringing the conclusion forward otherwise why not just say because of the Covid crisis the efl have no other choice but to continue this saga next season with punishment due next season? But they are silent!

What about the other clubs? ( like I care !) Some were under the impression that points would be docked this season so it gave them a fighting chance of staying in a lucrative league over the 3rd tier? 

Either way the EFL have made no comment which puts absolutly everything in the air, they are the body for regulations and laws and to be frank they now look in tatters over recent events.

I don't buy into clubs at the bottom having much of a say... they're there for a reason. Punishments for P&S should be to take away (or equalise) the potential of promotion to help keep the integrity of the league and promotion. You might be right though, just seems it's either ridiculously harsh or pointlessly lenient (a no relegating points deduction would serve as no punishment at all)

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ll be totally honest .... I think Barnsley have every right to kick off if we’re due a deduction that would relegate us and the EFL carry it over to next season 

Barnsley are going down because they are not good enough. They only know about us being charged, they are working on presumed guilty without any basis. Barnsley need to be careful as they are the ones who could end up in court.

The only thing that happens with admin is that the Chairman writes off about £50m never to be seen again and Sheffield 3 (ultimately the chairman) get chased for payment of the £60m they owe. Literally the last thing the chairman would do. 

oh and we get an automatic 12 point deduction. 

Edited by kirksandallowl

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

Barnsley are going down because they are not good enough. They only know about us being charged, they are working on presumed guilty without any basis. Barnsley need to be careful as they are the ones who could end up in court.

Unfortunately that bottom 3 in this division will be decided in the courts this season

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

The only thing that happens with admin is that the Chairman writes off about £50m never to be seen again and Sheffield 3 (ultimately the chairman) get chased for payment of the £60m they owe. Literally the last thing the chairman would do. 

Not if there’s no more money to keep the lights on it isn’t 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Unfortunately that bottom 3 in this division will be decided in the courts this season

And if  is the case then  that would be absolutely shameful. 

Edited by Big Jack
  • Like 1