THE EFL HEARING THREAD

25 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

A new owner who is a successful businessman and who was previously involved in running a football club would be useful. Even an overweight one with a huge ego.

I know just the man

4084AAB5-1E22-4CDC-AD89-605411D20656.jpeg

• Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly EFL ain't that daft. They would rather take on the likes of Hull's owners in court if they have to then ours. Up to a 5 point deduction and a few million quid fine heading our way on Monday morning.

Living in dream world. I’ve accepted that we are as good as relegated.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly EFL ain't that daft. They would rather take on the likes of Hull's owners in court if they have to then ours. Up to a 5 point deduction and a few million quid fine heading our way on Monday morning.

I am still baffled by your logic on this.

Firstly, where do you keep plucking 5 points from?  As I have said before, IF we are found guilty, what we are alleged to have done is far worse than other clubs who have been given higher penalties than 5 points.  We face a max of 21 points, yes 21 points.

Secondly, do you not think that Hull's owners (for example) have enough cash to hire the same legal clout that Chansiri has?  That De-Marco chap is a gun for hire, now working for Derby and having worked for numerous clubs in the past, including the Blunts.

I am fairly sure he wouldn't turn down a few weeks work from another multi millionaire. And if he should, well Blackstone Chambers have one of 2 more who are on par with him.

Again, i pray you are right, and admire your confidence, but I don't know where you are getting it from.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

I am still baffled by your logic on this.

Firstly, where do you keep plucking 5 points from?  As I have said before, IF we are found guilty, what we are alleged to have done is far worse than other clubs who have been given higher penalties than 5 points.  We face a max of 21 points, yes 21 points.

Secondly, do you not think that Hull's owners (for example) have enough cash to hire the same legal clout that Chansiri has?  That De-Marco chap is a gun for hire, now working for Derby and having worked for numerous clubs in the past, including the Blunts.

I am fairly sure he wouldn't turn down a few weeks work from another multi millionaire. And if he should, well Blackstone Chambers have one of 2 more who are on par with him.

Again, i pray you are right, and admire your confidence, but I don't know where you are getting it from.

I have believed from day one that there is no way that a club would ever be relegated under these circumstances.

To my knowledge it has never happened before where an EFL points deduction has resulted in a team being relegated or taken out of the promotion picture because of a FFP charge. Maybe even for a administration deduction also. And the good thing about a non fixed penalty like this is that they can effectively set it at whatever they see as appropriate.

Why am I saying 5 points. Because that takes us down to 51 points. Meaning technically speaking we could still end up in the relegation zone come 9.30 on Wednesday, but the reality of it means we are safe as Luton would need to win about 20-0. This is good as it means we have a been given a points deduction and that can say mathematically they still put us in danger of the drop.

If as you say the 5 point punishment could not possibly fit the crime if we are found guilty and it must be 9 as a minimum. Then we will miraculously win the case against us. 

As for the chairman bit. Let's say for example they found out to fight the charge properly and have the best chance of winning it. It was going to take months, maybe even years and cost almost 10 million pound in total. Out of all the chairman down there. Which do you recon would be more likely to do that?

The chances are the reason it's going on so long is because we are throwing everything we got at them to make sure it doesn't result in us going down.

If they really wanted to give us a proper punishment of say 12+ points. Then we would have found out weeks ago so we knew exactly what we needed in order to survive.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2020 at 00:02, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Hallelujah,someone else that struggles with an ffp/P&S Issue being more punishable than a club going into admin,shafting all and sundry owed money,quite why and how Wigans penalty hasn't put them in the relegation zone as yet beggars belief,but any tweet/text,hint, or i've heard,alluding to upto 21 points penalty for swfc is somehow accepted.........................WTF is that about.

If we're found to be guilty and get given a minor penalty that doesn't relegate us surely the teams that do go down are going to kick off and pursuit legal action?. 

The efl have really put themselves into a precarious position here. We were charged in November they should have closed this out by March latest so everyone knew the situation and there wouldn't be any complaints now 

Edited by Ballmeist

10 hours ago, Modfather100 said:

Unfortunately its not The EFL who will decide the verdict or punishment.

I suspect 12 points next season based on absolutely nothing. I think everyone needs to stop speculating until we get something concrete and just beat Boro.

Isn't "suspecting what will happen next season" speculating ?

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I have believed from day one that there is no way that a club would ever be relegated under these circumstances.

To my knowledge it has never happened before where an EFL points deduction has resulted in a team being relegated or taken out of the promotion picture because of a FFP charge. Maybe even for a administration deduction also. And the good thing about a non fixed penalty like this is that they can effectively set it at whatever they see as appropriate.

Why am I saying 5 points. Because that takes us down to 51 points. Meaning technically speaking we could still end up in the relegation zone come 9.30 on Wednesday, but the reality of it means we are safe as Luton would need to win about 20-0. This is good as it means we have a been given a points deduction and that can say mathematically they still put us in danger of the drop.

If as you say the 5 point punishment could not possibly fit the crime if we are found guilty and it must be 9 as a minimum. Then we will miraculously win the case against us. 

As for the chairman bit. Let's say for example they found out to fight the charge properly and have the best chance of winning it. It was going to take months, maybe even years and cost almost 10 million pound in total. Out of all the chairman down there. Which do you recon would be more likely to do that?

The chances are the reason it's going on so long is because we are throwing everything we got at them to make sure it doesn't result in us going down.

If they really wanted to give us a proper punishment of say 12+ points. Then we would have found out weeks ago so we knew exactly what we needed in order to survive.

The problem is that, in part there is a fixed penalty element, the penalty for breaking p&s has a sliding scale of points deduction depending on how much over the 39m you go.The punishment for misconduct is flexible. At the moment we don't know wether we are guilty or not, also if we have been found guilty we don't know if it's for breaking  p&s ,misconduct or both.So it could be anywhere from 0-21 points deducted. 

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Is he a Wigan fan?

No hes a Wednesday fan but his nicknames been 'Stories' since he once played badminton with Steven Seagal and Hulk Hogan whilst on holiday in Marmaris in 1995.

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Very much agree, history shows that the EFL don’t like to rock the boat too much...as it can create legal challenges.

Regards Birmingham last season.....it seemed that they waited to see what effect a 10 point deduction would have. Then once Birmingham fell away from the play-off race...the EFL flexed their muscles and gave them a 10 point deduction knowing it wasn’t really a punishment. 

Any fair minded person.....even when shown loads of evidence that SWFC might be 100% guilty...so deservIng punishment 

would cite the timing of delivering a punishment with 1 match to go or at the end of a season as totally unfair and wrong.

I thought all along that the longer the delay then it becomes more unlikely it can effect this season.

I sure that if here’s a points deduction it will be pushed on to next season.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Very much agree, history shows that the EFL don’t like to rock the boat too much...as it can create legal challenges.

Regards Birmingham last season.....it seemed that they waited to see what effect a 10 point deduction would have. Then once Birmingham fell away from the play-off race...the EFL flexed their muscles and gave them a 10 point deduction knowing it wasn’t really a punishment. 

Any fair minded person.....even when shown loads of evidence that SWFC might be 100% guilty...so deservIng punishment 

would cite the timing of delivering a punishment with 1 match to go or at the end of a season as totally unfair and wrong.

I thought all along that the longer the delay then it becomes more unlikely it can effect this season.

I sure that if here’s a points deduction it will be pushed on to next season.

I've seen loads of people saying this type of thing. Personally I'm not sure they'll care when the punishment is delivered. If they'd deducted 12 points from us at any point this season we'd be in the mire. I suppose there's an argument that says we'd have worked harder etc but not sure they'd take that into account. 

Having said that, you lot kept banging on about how 1 man was capable of being the difference to a relegation battle until you got 1 judge to agree then pounced on it to get money out of West ham. Maybe we should just keep asking different people til we get one to agree. Still, you must be loving it at the moment, knocking on the door of Europe, media darlings and most importantly to every blade, we're doing badly. 

• Like 1

Here’s what I think.  We have a 12 point deduction. The EFL don’t want to relegate us. So they are waiting to see how many points we have. If 12 points take us down they will enforce it next season if we HAD got 12 points above the bottom 3 it would have been enforced this season.