THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The EFL will not wish to lose Sheffield Wednesday with the likes of Barnsley, Hull, and Luton in the bottom three.

The EFL’s main product, it’s money earner, is the Championship. It’s teams like Wednesday who bring in the TV revenues. They’d prefer to lose smaller clubs than the bigger clubs. They’ll also be rueing the departure of Leeds. 

I’m no crystal ball reader but I do understand how business works. The wait will have been to ensure any points deduction they may give this season doesn’t send us down.

I have to agree, I don’t think they’ll want us to go down. Whether that’s right thing to do but losing Leeds next season, loses viewing figures. Not to sound arrogant but out of Barnsley, Hull, Luton, Wigan and us- who’s going to keep championship as a business going?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I have to agree, I don’t think they’ll want us to go down. Whether that’s right thing to do but losing Leeds next season, loses viewing figures. Not to sound arrogant but out of Barnsley, Hull, Luton, Wigan and us- who’s going to keep championship as a business going?

Not sure I buy into this theory ,  the EFL

wont care if we go down 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not sure I buy into this theory ,  the EFL

wont care if we go down 

This, the EFL's want to see their rules & regulations are adhered to & any club proven to have broken the rules should be suitibly punished. If that means a club is relegated they won't care whether its a relatively big club or a minnow.  I also don't buy into the theory that Disciplinary Panel won't impose a points deduction after the season has finished, no matter how unfair we think it might be.

• Like 1

The good news is there’s only 3 days till the last day of this awful season. 

The irony is I sat at the Reading stadium car park at 5pm on the first day in the queue of traffic waiting to leave and we were top of the table.  We also still had the optimism of appointing a new manager that could take us forward. 

To go from that, to this is up there with the worst times I’ve had in football. 

Thank you Mr Chansiri and the EFL

• Like 6

The EFL will not wish to lose Sheffield Wednesday with the likes of Barnsley, Hull, and Luton in the bottom three.

The EFL’s main product, it’s money earner, is the Championship. It’s teams like Wednesday who bring in the TV revenues. They’d prefer to lose smaller clubs than the bigger clubs. They’ll also be rueing the departure of Leeds. 

I’m no crystal ball reader but I do understand how business works. The wait will have been to ensure any points deduction they may give this season doesn’t send us down.

I wish you were right but unfortunately whether we are in league 1 or the Championship it won't make that much difference to the EFL's coffers. We are one of the bigger clubs in the Championship but we are Sheffield Wednesday, not bloody Man City, Liverpool or Man U!

In fact with us, Pompey and Sunderland in League 1 there's an argument to say we make that product more attractive and will generate bigger audiences for league 1 revenue.

I hooe we do get a points deduction that means we still stay up, but if we do it's not because we're a bloody cash cow.

11 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The irony is I sat at the Reading stadium car park at 5pm on the first day in the queue of traffic waiting to leave and we were top of the table.  We also still had the optimism of appointing a new manager that could take us forward. 

Mr C could do a great deal of good by showing some humility, admitting he’s fecked up big style on a number of occasions, with a number of player and manager decisions, plus business decisions, then vowing to do something to avoid making the same mistakes.

Firstly, bring in a better manager and coaching team, and let them get on unhindered with all footballing matters. Secondly, bring in more experienced football administrators and just let them get on with it unhindered. Let them tell you about how to run the club properly, and take on the advice and guidance you’re given.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep this has been hanging over us all season and it’s completely ruined it. Even when we were third at christmas you couldn’t really get excited because we were worried about what was coming.

Now July and still no verdict. Absolutely painful season. 

• Like 1

Exactly EFL ain't that daft. They would rather take on the likes of Hull's owners in court if they have to then ours. Up to a 5 point deduction and a few million quid fine heading our way on Monday morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Mr C could do a great deal of good by showing some humility, admitting he’s fecked up big style on a number of occasions, with a number of player and manager decisions, plus business decisions, then vowing to do something to avoid making the same mistakes.

Firstly, bring in a better manager and coaching team, and let them get on unhindered with all footballing matters. Secondly, bring in more experienced football administrators and just let them get on with it unhindered. Let them tell you about how to run the club properly, and take on the advice and guidance you’re given.

Yes the best thing would be for Chansiri to sell up completely or to allow someone to become a majority share holder who has a better idea of what to do.

If not then as you say, he needs to bring in proper directors and CEO’s to run the club and let them put in a management team in place with a clear game plan.

Sadly, I think it will be option 3) Chansiri stays, continues to show no interest or clue and waits for Monk to take us to league 1 bottom half before acting 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly EFL ain't that daft. They would rather take on the likes of Hull's owners in court if they have to then ours. Up to a 5 point deduction and a few million quid fine heading our way on Monday morning.

Unfortunately its not The EFL who will decide the verdict or punishment.

I suspect 12 points next season based on absolutely nothing. I think everyone needs to stop speculating until we get something concrete and just beat Boro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes the best thing would be for Chansiri to sell up completely or to allow someone to become a majority share holder who has a better idea of what to do.

If not then as you say, he needs to bring in proper directors and CEO’s to run the club and let them put in a management team in place with a clear game plan.

Sadly, I think it will be option 3) Chansiri stays, continues to show no interest and waits for Monk to take us to league 1 bottom half before acting 

A new owner who is a successful businessman and who was previously involved in running a football club would be useful. Even an overweight one with a huge ego.

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

A new owner who is a successful businessman and who was previously involved in running a football club would be useful. Even an overweight one with a huge ego.

Someone involved in SPORTS. DIRECT strategies and gameplan needed.