THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I think its the correct decision to hold ofc the decision until after the league as finished, we don't know and no other team knows, everyone should play to amass as many points as possible and the likes of Barnsley and Middlesbrough cannot be alowed to influence anything. 

The decision us made and will be announced. 

11 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just bought another 4 tins of John West tuna in sunflower oil for £3:50.

Hope this helps. 

Exactly the type of poorly thought-out post we didn’t need amidst all this uncertainty and worry.

Should’ve got it in brine, it’s much nicer.
lol

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

I think its the correct decision to hold ofc the decision until after the league as finished, we don't know and no other team knows, everyone should play to amass as many points as possible and the likes of Barnsley and Middlesbrough cannot be alowed to influence anything. 

The decision us made and will be announced. 

So you find out if you are relegated sometime after the season has finished when the paperwork has been mulled over by some suits in courts? 

Wigan and all others that have suffered points deductions for financial issues have found out during the season and all clubs in the division react to it accordingly.

For me the rules are completely flawed anyway as this is an issue in regard to our accounts covering 2017-18 and yet we will potentially have a verdict on this which affects our points in the 2019-20 or 2020-21 season. 

Guest Grandad
43 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Refuse to play against Middlesbrough.

I know you were being sarcastic here - but I would genuinely do that

Say we will only play that game and complete the fixtures when the outcome is confirmed.

Guest hirstysfags
9 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Exactly the type of poorly thought-out post we didn’t need amidst all this uncertainty and worry.

lol

I think you need to reconsider your flippant remarks at such a pivotal moment in the club's future. 

It's spring water it needs to be in!!!

I am perhaps optimistically thinking that we may have been successful and the EFL or panel do not really know what to do. Either way it’s not clean cut that we have a clear breach otherwise that would be dealt with already.

DC has perhaps shown the rules to be a joke and bypassable on the basis that infrastructure can be sold and that valuation and accounts are a matter of one professional opinion vs another. If there is not a specific clause stating you cannot back date a sale in the infrastructure sale clause but it is permissible in accounting terms and if the valuation is signed off by a chartered surveyor (and presumably run past the EFL before submission as Derby’s was, theirs was alterered by EFL). Then who are the EFL to deem otherwise. Just shows the rules need to be updated much like prior to when clubs didn’t get points docked for admin.

We are clearly taking the mick with the accounting but the rules in their current form are outdated do not deserve respect in my view and hopefully we have completely shown them up. Just because a handful of members don’t want to or can’t spend money they cannot prevent the updating of the p&s rules as they have been doing.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Say we will only play that game and complete the fixtures when the outcome is confirmed.

Then they will dock us points like Bolton or Bury. I think it’s likely they want to dock points but are still trying to untangle themselves. Don’t give them the easy option with something like that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I am perhaps optimistically thinking that we may have been successful and the EFL or panel do not really know what to do. Either way it’s not clean cut that we have a clear breach otherwise that would be dealt with already.

DC has perhaps shown the rules to be a joke and bypassable on the basis that infrastructure can be sold and that valuation and accounts are a matter of one professional opinion vs another. If there is not a specific clause stating you cannot back date a sale in the infrastructure sale clause but it is permissible in accounting terms and if the valuation is signed off by a chartered surveyor (and presumably run past the EFL before submission as Derby’s was, theirs was alterered by EFL). Then who are the EFL to deem otherwise. Just shows the rules need to be updated much like prior to when clubs didn’t get points docked for admin.

We are clearly taking the mick with the accounting but the rules in their current form are outdated do not deserve respect in my view and hopefully we have completely shown them up. Just because a handful of members don’t want to or can’t spend money they cannot prevent the updating of the p&s rules as they have been doing.

Agree, and dont forget EFL were all over our accounts in that period, evidenced by embargoes.

Not like the transaction in question came out of the blue, or our potential losses otherwise not discussed 

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

All was said in jest. But I honestly wouldnt put anything past Chansiri. If the EFL wrong us in his eye. He will be out for justice. And a measly little 3 point deduction for not fulfilling a fixture wont bother him at all I dont think if it means dispruting plans for the EFL to finish the season properly. I am sure our lawyers have spelt out all the things that we plan to throw at them if the decision goes our way. And I recon the main one will be cause as must disruption to the EFL as possible. So they are almost scared into not sending us down.

30 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

I think you need to reconsider your flippant remarks at such a pivotal moment in the club's future. 

i thought that sounded too smug for the joke, but absolutely agree lol

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

All was said in jest. But I honestly wouldnt put anything past Chansiri. If the EFL wrong us in his eye. He will be out for justice. And a measly little 3 point deduction for not fulfilling a fixture wont bother him at all I dont think if it means dispruting plans for the EFL to finish the season properly. I am sure our lawyers have spelt out all the things that we plan to throw at them if the decision goes our way. And I recon the main one will be cause as must disruption to the EFL as possible. So they are almost scared into not sending us down.

we will complete the season, no matter what

how do you come to the conclusion that DC would not play the last match, the only team that would affect would be us, Middlesbrough are already safe

Even if we find out by Wednesday (we won't), either party has 14 days to lodge an appeal. Which will happen, regardless of who wins the case. So it will be another 3 weeks at least before there is a definitive verdict. Pretty much taking it to the start of next season (29th August or 12th September currently). I honestly don't see how they can deduct us points this season. That's before there are any appeals from relegated teams if we escape with a low points deduction or none at all.

Barnsley and Gibson are gonna be angrymad.

56 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just bought another 4 tins of John West tuna in sunflower oil for £3:50.

Hope this helps. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

lol

34 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

Olive oil only you set o’ tramps!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
48 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Add another -3 though 

Wasn't it Boro that got that when they had a lot of illness and didn't play

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you find out if you are relegated sometime after the season has finished when the paperwork has been mulled over by some suits in courts? 

Wigan and all others that have suffered points deductions for financial issues have found out during the season and all clubs in the division react to it accordingly.

For me the rules are completely flawed anyway as this is an issue in regard to our accounts covering 2017-18 and yet we will potentially have a verdict on this which affects our points in the 2019-20 or 2020-21 season. 

Some teams won't know if they are relegated or not until the last day of the season,what's the difference,none.

I totally agree the rules are flawed and if they can't be out right now they never will be ,can you see the Premier League voting to end of change parachute payments.

the players ,coaches ,owners all know the predicament we are in .

teams just need to get on and play 

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Even if we find out by Wednesday (we won't), either party has 14 days to lodge an appeal. Which will happen, regardless of who wins the case. So it will be another 3 weeks at least before there is a definitive verdict. Pretty much taking it to the start of next season (29th August or 12th September currently). I honestly don't see how they can deduct us points this season. That's before there are any appeals from relegated teams if we escape with a low points deduction or none at all.

Barnsley and Gibson are gonna be angrymad.

They may have come to an agreement not to lodge an appeal

Just now, akbuk said:

They may have come to an agreement not to lodge an appeal

The only way we wouldn't appeal is if we win or get something like 3 points deduction I would imagine. And the EFL will look exceptionally bad if they lose, so I can't see them not appealing if we are found not guilty or are only given a small deduction (They appealed the most recent Macclesfield suspended points deduction made by an independent panel, so they have history with that).

18 minutes ago, the third man said:

we will complete the season, no matter what

how do you come to the conclusion that DC would not play the last match, the only team that would affect would be us, Middlesbrough are already safe

I dont think it will happen. But they are only safe if Wigan lose the appeal against the 12 point deduction. Also they would have to make a decision to award Boro the 3 points or not.