THE EFL HEARING THREAD

The vonly sensible option I can think of ..IF it is a points deduction that it will come in next season...Otherwise clubs have been left not really knowing what to do for the lst game...Set up for a draw?..Go all out for a win?..put yer sandals on?

Its a mess and a half!

• Like 1

IF we get a points deduction do we think it will be given after the final match against Boro? I am waiting on a bet of us to finish above Barnsley and i am hoping the standings stay as they as for betting purposes at full time on Wednesday night.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

The vonly sensible option I can think of ..IF it is a points deduction that it will come in next season...Otherwise clubs have been left not really knowing what to do for the lst game...Set up for a draw?..Go all out for a win?..put yer sandals on?

Its a mess and a half!

They HAVE to deal with Wigan this season , if they finish outside the bottom 3 the -12 pending appeal has to apply this season 

If they were to deal with Wigan and not us ... how the hell fire are they gonna explain that away ?    Integrity of the competition is on the chopping board here

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

We haven't looked like a team that has been fighting for its life. If we have no idea what the punishment is then surely we'd just go out to win every game, fight tooth and nail for every point, scrap for everything. As it is, we've gone out and rolled over today after doing nowt against hudders. Spineless or already safe so on the beach? 

Well you and I would go full out to get the points and I'm sure the rest of SWFC supporters would do too, however, I'm absolutely certain that some of our "team" couldn't give a shyte. 

• Like 1

Keep calm everyone. Don’t see us been hit with a deduction this season at such a late time with only 1 game left. Derby’s hearing still ongoing and media outlets are reporting that should they be found guilty, that any penalty will be applied next season. So we will be hit with a big penalty this season and derby next season? Don’t think so.

Personally, I think we will be hit with a big fine and suspended points deduction. This whole episode has been so blasé and I’m very comfortable.

Just now, Big Fish said:

Can you imagine if Derby cut some sort of deal next week by changing their “plea” to guilty and taking 12 points now so they start afresh next year... 

Wouldn’t surprise me 

Guest Timothy Fields

Ffs can you tell us now how much is the punishment? So after boro if we're 10 points from third bottom, you give us 11 points deduction, and if we're 8 points it's gonna be 9 points deduction, so the way I'm looking at it we're well and truly Fuchsia plant

Guest Timothy Fields
3 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

I don't think they're reading Owlstalk pal :laugh:

They might read just one post  move to Brazil, change ID and never come back

The EFL will not wish to lose Sheffield Wednesday with the likes of Barnsley, Hull, and Luton in the bottom three.

The EFL’s main product, it’s money earner, is the Championship. It’s teams like Wednesday who bring in the TV revenues. They’d prefer to lose smaller clubs than the bigger clubs. They’ll also be rueing the departure of Leeds. 

I’m no crystal ball reader but I do understand how business works. The wait will have been to ensure any points deduction they may give this season doesn’t send us down.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The EFL will not wish to lose Sheffield Wednesday with the likes of Barnsley, Hull, and Luton in the bottom three.

The EFL’s main product, it’s money earner, is the Championship. It’s teams like Wednesday who bring in the TV revenues. They’d prefer to lose smaller clubs than the bigger clubs. They’ll also be rueing the departure of Leeds. 

I’m no crystal ball reader but I do understand how business works. The wait will have been to ensure any points deduction they may give this season doesn’t send us down.

Tend to agree with this, they’ve been praying for the Monkmen to win a couple of matches and we can’t seem help them out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

bet they will be well annoyed with us for not getting a few more wins to help them out. 

• Like 1