THE EFL HEARING THREAD

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

"Just the never ending belief among the usual suspects that anyone, no matter who or where from, anyone, would be better than the present incumbent".

I don't recall asking for specific names, I was talking about the availability of the types of individuals who A:- have the resources,

B:- The inclination & C:- The experience who would automatically be BETTER than DC.

DC had two of those aspects. How many would have all three?

Looking at the touted list last time, we'd have been lucky to find anyone with one of those. An Azerbaijan crook, & an assortment of local wannabes's with about 30 bob between them, no experience & not a great deal of inclination, other than the inclination for self publicity.

apologies if it wasn’t you asking for names, there was a few on here wanting names of people that might take us over which imo is a ridiculous thing to ask. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Speaking as one of the "Usual Suspects" who has his "head in the clouds" please answer the following:

1) Given that the money for the stadium sale has only just about got us back on an even keel, do you think that is the end of our financial difficulties?

2) If there is no penalty, how do you think DC will act going forward, will he change his ways or will it be more of the same (in other words yet more trouble further down the line)?

3) If we get a points deduction that relegates us, do you think that DC is the right person to revive our fortunes given his track record to date?

1) We don't have financial difficulties. We have a situation of the EFLs making (FFP) that DC tried to circumvent in the same way as others have tried in the past & reaped the dividends. Money is not the issue. Being allowed to spend that money was the issue.

2) I would fully expect him to carry on investing in the club albeit with the experience of hindsight (the same hindsight that so many on here base their views on).

3) I'll flip that question and ask is it better to have 'The devil you know' tempered by past experience or a new unknown who could turn out to be ten times worse. Wonder where we would be now if Mammadov had been installed for example.

My comment about 'Head's in the clouds' referred to the assumption, that anyone, regardless of finances, experience & inclination would be automatically better than DC, even if there was someone out there (& history tells us they're not queuing up) there would be a huge risk of us ending up with someone infinitely worse. Not a reason to never change, but there needs to be this acceptance that it would NOT guarantee things would be automatically better.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Nixon will just be trotting out the line from the club, who were never going to say anything other than being confident.  The EFL have stayed much quieter on this, and he is less likely to have had any correspondence with them.

We'll soon know anyway.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

apologies if it wasn’t you asking for names, there was a few on here wanting names of people that might take us over which imo is a ridiculous thing to ask. 

No worries & I apologise for my over the top insult last night. 

Must have been the heat.

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

1) We don't have financial difficulties. We have a situation of the EFLs making (FFP) that DC tried to circumvent in the same way as others have tried in the past & reaped the dividends. Money is not the issue. Being allowed to spend that money was the issue.

2) I would fully expect him to carry on investing in the club albeit with the experience of hindsight (the same hindsight that so many on here base their views on).

3) I'll flip that question and ask is it better to have 'The devil you know' tempered by past experience or a new unknown who could turn out to be ten times worse. Wonder where we would be now if Mammadov had been installed for example.

My comment about 'Head's in the clouds' referred to the assumption, that anyone, regardless of finances, experience & inclination would be automatically better than DC, even if there was someone out there (& history tells us they're not queuing up) there would be a huge risk of us ending up with someone infinitely worse. Not a reason to never change, but there needs to be this acceptance that it would NOT guarantee things would be automatically better.    

How does wasting a £100m on players who are no longer at the club, have a ground that is unsafe to have a 80% capacity, a ground that is no longer owned by the football team, a youth system producing no players and a team massively under perform  contribute to a chairman investing in the club.

DC has made no investment in the club, all he has managed to do is make mistake after mistake then blame everyone else including the fans for it. This cluster fizz of a managing of a football team is down to one person, the bloke who would struggle to run a bath without flooding the house, then I am sure it will be the water companies fault for not turning the water off.

• Like 1

I don’t see how the club would’ve gone ahead and done this without seeking permission and clarity from the EFL? During the initial process the club were under a transfer embargo which was then lifted once it all went through. You would’ve thought everything did comply with EFL regulations otherwise the transfer embargo wouldn’t have been lifted? As has also been pointed out on here, various professional organisations where professionalism and integrity are paramount would’ve been involved in the process, so in charging the club the EFL are arguably questioning them as well. Personally I would be amazed if this doesn’t go in our favour and if it doesn’t I can’t see us getting hammered in the way a lot on here are expecting?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Hottest day of the year today 

Keep yersen cool!

lol

Pigs are on TV, that won't wind me up much!!!!!!

Amazingly, I was just replying to you,from last night, you must be psychic!!!

Re your "The usual suspects" T Shirt.

I sit back in wonder & admiration of your uncanny ability to ignore the response whilst simultaneously turning it to yet another marketing opportunity.

It's what made this country once great!!!

😀

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How does wasting a £100m on players who are no longer at the club, have a ground that is unsafe to have a 80% capacity, a ground that is no longer owned by the football team, a youth system producing no players and a team massively under perform  contribute to a chairman investing in the club.

DC has made no investment in the club, all he has managed to do is make mistake after mistake then blame everyone else including the fans for it. This cluster fizz of a managing of a football team is down to one person, the bloke who would struggle to run a bath without flooding the house, then I am sure it will be the water companies fault for not turning the water off.

I stopped reading there.

• Haha 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Pigs are on TV, that won't wind me up much!!!!!!

Amazingly, I was just replying to you,from last night, you must be psychic!!!

Re your "The usual suspects" T Shirt.

I sit back in wonder & admiration of your uncanny ability to ignore the response whilst simultaneously turning it to yet another marketing opportunity.

It's what made this country once great!!!

😀

To be fair I just mocked that t-shirt up for a bit of a giggle as the phrase was being lobbed about a bit on here by the usual suspects

lol

I might actually do a run of them though as what started off as a mickey take has actually turned into something people want!

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair I just mocked that t-shirt up for a bit of a giggle as the phrase was being lobbed about a bit on here by the usual suspects

lol

I might actually do a run of them though as what started off as a mickey take has actually turned into something people want!

Can't fault you mate.

Like I said, an example of the entrepreneurial private sector in action.

You should have organised the Covid testing regime, you'd have probably done a far better job than Public Health England & their embarrassing public sector testing shambles. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where on earth are you getting that £100m on players who are no longer here figure from? It's certainly not from transfers and even if you include wages.

• Like 1