Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

19 hours ago, Plonk said:

If the league can be finished safely, then do it. 

The next promble is time limits, with contracts, next season, EUROs etc. So if it can be done safely in a suitable time frame, then do it.

if those things can’t happen, that’s when the big decisions start.

for me, I would void the season, because anything else just doesn’t sit right, be it ppg, current standing or halfway standing. All have merits....but which ever is chosen will result in legal action by who ever suffers.

Given the massive argument is about lost money, what if compensation were offered, so Leeds don’t go up but don’t suffer financially for not doing so.

ultimately it will be decided by the EPL, because if they decide there’s no relegation, then there’s no promotion. So if they decide that they should compensate the top end championship clubs on a sliding scale.

As has been pointed out a number if times, there's no perfect solution. But if fixtures aren't completed which is looking more than likely,  I'd give promotion to teams in automatic spaces but no relegation. Would only result in 2 extra teams in Prem. Then readjust by relegating 1 extra team per season until numbers back to normal. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

The EFL is essentially the clubs. Many football clubs have been run terribly over the last decade and more so it’s no surprise. Presumably Parry with all his experience was brought in to remedy that but then gets hit by the biggest crisis to hit society since the Second World War. 

Lower division clubs will need bailing out but where does that cash come from. Most of the bigger clubs live hand to mouth - Chansiri’s early early bird has turned into a masterpiece of strategy. I don’t see that they can or will pass money downwards. So that leaves the PL and the government. Fat chance. 

Parry claimed there would be a £200M black hole in EFL finances. 

Simon Jordan pointed out last week that if Prem players gave 33% of their wages for 3 months (or similar, I forget the specifics but the principal is the same) that would be enough to bail out the lower leagues. Will never happen and you could easily argue why should they. It does however highlight what is wrong with football, far too much of footballs wealth is in the players bank accounts.

19 minutes ago, Brommers said:

As has been pointed out a number if times, there's no perfect solution. But if fixtures aren't completed which is looking more than likely,  I'd give promotion to teams in automatic spaces but no relegation. Would only result in 2 extra teams in Prem. Then readjust by relegating 1 extra team per season until numbers back to normal. 

But the PL don't want an extra two teams, they actually have said they would like 18

so you would need their agreement, and agreement of every other team that could get promoted, but aren't, cant see it happening

Best thing to happen is for Bielsa to wake up after falling asleep in the Leeds dressing room, stumble across Luke Ayling taking a shower and realise season 2019/20 was all a dream just like Pam did in Dallas all those years ago? lol

Edited by Great Big Galaa

46 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Social distancing is there for a reason how can sportsman be exempt

Not saying it's right, but they'd only be able to play after a successful Covid test. In which case why no goal celebrations etc?

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

But the PL don't want an extra two teams, they actually have said they would like 18

so you would need their agreement, and agreement of every other team that could get promoted, but aren't, cant see it happening

Pretty sure all the teams in the bottom half would be in favour, saves them this season and potentially reduces their chances of relegation for next 2 years as will be 2 extra bang average teams in the league.

54 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Social distancing is there for a reason how can sportsman be exempt

Depends whats being allowed from tonight. 

Most infections seem to occur on public transport, homes and clubs / indoor places. 

According to the latest data. 

5 minutes ago, the third man said:

I agree.

Ive mentioned this on other threads - if the premier league can’t complete the season due to players being infected and squads going into self isolation, then I see that their won’t be promotion or relegation throughout the leagues. 

Premier clubs will vote for no relegation and to keep the competition to 20 clubs next season. I’m sure that 70% of the clubs will vote for this. 

If the premier can complete the season which I’m sure they will want to do given there is £750m up for grabs, then relegation will apply and then the championship can decide how promotion is worked out. 

6 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Pretty sure all the teams in the bottom half would be in favour, saves them this season and potentially reduces their chances of relegation for next 2 years as will be 2 extra bang average teams in the league.

And gives them an extra year of prem money guaranteed. 

19 minutes ago, Brommers said:

But the ones at the top, who rule the roost, don't, so I think they would win the argument

and they would have to divide the money more ways as well

Edited by the third man

10 minutes ago, the third man said:

But the ones at the top, who rule the roost, don't, so I think they would win the argument

and they would have to divide the money more ways as well

But currently it's the bottom half teams putting up objections for completing season mainly because they will try anything to avoid relegation. So this may help as a compromise to get them all on board.

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Don't come on here talking common sense!!!!

(Plus that would mean Leeds go up!) 

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I agree.

Ive mentioned this on other threads - if the premier league can’t complete the season due to players being infected and squads going into self isolation, then I see that their won’t be promotion or relegation throughout the leagues. 

Premier clubs will vote for no relegation and to keep the competition to 20 clubs next season. I’m sure that 70% of the clubs will vote for this. 

If the premier can complete the season which I’m sure they will want to do given there is £750m up for grabs, then relegation will apply and then the championship can decide how promotion is worked out. 

How can championship vote on promotion if PL want to stay at 20 clubs?