Potential points deduction, keep eye on this case

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Maybe way off the mark here. But isnt the fact that we contested our punishment and it got sent off to a different body to set the punishment the reason for our delay and why we may wiggle out of it this season. As they cant do the process in the same way they are legally meant to.  

Is this case the same as ours? Do it go through the same legal channels.?

I dont know the answer just putting out a possible reason ours could be different as the EFL are not actually the ones that decide our punishment.

We contested with the EFL, it's the EFL's arbitration panel who decide punishment if any, there was never any different body. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We contested with the EFL, it's the EFL's arbitration panel who decide punishment if any, there was never any different body. 

Am I right in thinking that the EFL can contest the decision from the arbitration panel though if they dont like it.

So it is different if you see what I am saying it's not done by them.  The EFL aren't deciding our punishment is what I am trying to get at.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah a few in recent days suggesting the rules would change, and the charges would drop because of Covid19 and what's going on, or that there would be some kind of softer punishment as they couldn't' be seen to be punishing clubs during this terrible time.

Weird. It sounds like wishful thinking at best.

I really can't see a link between the EFL cases and the coronavirus pandemic. If they can throw the book at us, I'm sure they will.

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Am I right in thinking that the EFL can contest the decision from the arbitration panel though if they dont like it.

So it is different if you see what I am saying it's not done by them.  The EFL aren't deciding our punishment is what I am trying to get at.

They weren't happy with the panels decision on Birmingham, so yes they can and did. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 0114 said:

Brutal from The EFL. 7 points on top of a club that’s already received 4 points deduction already. Pretty much relegated them.

Yep, the EFL stand there and let the premier league send clubs down to the championship with failure payments and do nothing to stop it, yet hammer small clubs. They are pathetic. 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah a few in recent days suggesting the rules would change, and the charges would drop because of Covid19 and what's going on, or that there would be some kind of softer punishment as they couldn't' be seen to be punishing clubs during this terrible time.

Given the financial implications of Covid, I can’t see clubs getting huge fines.

So, a hefty points deductions could be the order of the day. 
Which actually could be more damaging to us, considering how threadbare our squad will look.

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

We delayed them with our legal action trying to stop it in its tracks. 

How dare we 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And there we have it

For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

If the season is cancelled, a points deduction will have zero effect anyway.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless it gets carried over of course

The EFL are going to be in huge trouble anyway. 

Clubs who are still in with a chance of promotion or avoiding relegation are almost certain to take legal action if they try to keep promotion and relegation on basis of current league position. Only sensible way out is new season on basis of "as is" at moment. To then be dishing out point deductions would antagonise numerous clubs and involve further legal action in the High Court. The clubs may be broke, but their owners certainly aren't and the EFL cannot survive financially if they come under attack on numerous fronts. There will have to be a compromise.

Just t clarify, I think that the football authorities are screwed on this regardless of what happens. Parties are going to be upset and I can see a whole plethora of legal cases based on clubs denied promotion etc. etc.

Can't wait, popcorn and coke at the ready!

EFL is gonna implode,  clubs will be lining up to take court action against them 

Beginning of the end for the EFL as a governing body this,  also I hope the 7 Macclesfield just got hit for was down to the fact they didn’t pay wages and not just solely for not fulfilling a fixture because Bolton only got suspended deduction for that 

Edited by Guest