Potential points deduction, keep eye on this case

11 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Must have missed Plymouth's issues. Why would they get points deducted. Had them e/w at the start of the season so this could really mess up my winnings if the current standings will be used!! :mad:

Looks like Nixon was in such a rush to break the news (the modern disease) that he didn't proof read sufficiently. As far as I know, this is regarding Macclesfield being unable to fulfill a fixture against Plymouth due to stadium safety issues.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Looks like Nixon was in such a rush to break the news (the modern disease) that he didn't proof read sufficiently. As far as I know, this is regarding Macclesfield being unable to fulfill a fixture against Plymouth due to stadium safety issues.

Crikey! That's quite the mistake for a professional journalist to make.

Making sure you're writing about the right club is lesson 1, part 1.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

Further to an Independent Disciplinary Commission hearing on Tuesday 21st April 2020, Macclesfield Town can confirm that the Club have been served with an immediate seven point deduction - with two additional points suspended.

This has been imposed as a result of two further misconduct charges, which the Club admitted at the earliest possible opportunity.

These being non-fulfilment of the scheduled Sky Bet League Two fixture against Plymouth Argyle on 21st December 2019 and the non-payment of players on the applicable payment date back in February 2020.

The panel ruled that a sporting sanction of four points should be applied immediately in relation to these charges, with two points suspended on the condition that the Club does not breach any further Regulations this season.

In addition to this, the Arbitration panel also ruled that three suspended points which related to previous charges should be applied immediately.

This means that the Club now reside in 23rd position within the Sky Bet League Two table, having amassed a revised total of 25 points.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And there we have it

For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

A points deduction won't have much affect if 50% of clubs fold over next 12 months and leagues are completely changed. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Brutal from The EFL. 7 points on top of a club that’s already received 4 points deduction already. Pretty much relegated them.

I know each case is different but punishing a club for not fulfilling a fixture and effectively letting another club off with the same thing just down the road doesn’t seem right.

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I know each case is different but punishing a club for not fulfilling a fixture and effectively letting another club off with the same thing just down the road doesn’t seem right.

Which other club is this - have I missed a news item somewhere along the line ?

1 hour ago, RockieOwl said:

Must have missed Plymouth's issues. Why would they get points deducted. Had them e/w at the start of the season so this could really mess up my winnings if the current standings will be used!! :mad:

The issue was marketing Cornish Pasties that were clearly made in Devon.

It was either make their own or poison people with Ginsters and they got caught out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Which other club is this - have I missed a news item somewhere along the line ?

Bolton got a 5 point deduction for failing to fulfil their fixtures against Brentford last season and Doncaster this season. The points were suspended though and I believe that Bolton now have their house in order which effectively means they got away with any punishment. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

For those thinking points deductions might get squashed due to Covid19

Have there been many who've said this? I've not followed all of the various threads which have discussed the different aspects of the pandemic or the EFL cases.

That seems like a really odd thing to expect. What's the logic behind it?

If the EFL can get their charges to stick, then I fully expect them to follow through with a punishment, coronavirus or not.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem