Potential points deduction, keep eye on this case

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Not sure if Macc have got their house in order? as seemed a bit of a mess their and long standing issues. Think the points deduction is the least of their worries.

Still think we will be in Championship next season...from an EFL perspective, it might just suit both parties to work out a form of punishment that looks tough but doeasnt actually cause any harm. Both parties walk away satisfied.

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And there we have it

For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

anybody who thought that is a bellend, If we are going to get punished then I want it now, not in 3 months or 6 months.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Looks like Nixon was in such a rush to break the news (the modern disease) that he didn't proof read sufficiently. As far as I know, this is regarding Macclesfield being unable to fulfill a fixture against Plymouth due to stadium safety issues.

And also for not playing their players on time for the 4th time this season

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And there we have it

For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

Surely nobody thought that. The EFL are gunning for us and will be eager to show their might if they win the legal case against us. They wouldn't waste their time if they were going to offer an olive branch.

Simple question why in the last 8 weeks of no football, no live game, no sport what so ever. 

Why have the Owls hearing not been heard via video conference facilities (the type of facilities everyone with a company has) - why do we still sit here nearly 7 months after the charge being brought and f all being done.

For me rules need changing - the EFL can bring charges that are defended they have 3 months to bring this to a hearing on both sides or the charges are dismissed. if we have evidence that says one thing and the EFL have other evidence that proves wrong doing let a judge decide who wins.

Then maybe we don't have all the uncertainty all the time.

I honestly think the EFL needs scrapping as a governing body as they are not fit for purpose.  

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have there been many who've said this?

Yeah a few in recent days suggesting the rules would change, and the charges would drop because of Covid19 and what's going on, or that there would be some kind of softer punishment as they couldn't' be seen to be punishing clubs during this terrible time.

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Simple question why in the last 8 weeks of no football, no live game, no sport what so ever. 

Why have the Owls hearing not been heard via video conference facilities (the type of facilities everyone with a company has) - why do we still sit here nearly 7 months after the charge being brought and f all being done.

For me rules need changing - the EFL can bring charges that are defended they have 3 months to bring this to a hearing on both sides or the charges are dismissed. if we have evidence that says one thing and the EFL have other evidence that proves wrong doing let a judge decide who wins.

Then maybe we don't have all the uncertainty all the time.

I honestly think the EFL needs scrapping as a governing body as they are not fit for purpose.  

There is no "Judge" its an arbitration panel. 

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ask the EFL fella, they decide when and how. 

But that's what I am saying why when they are doing nothing, have no games or football.

Why are they not using the technology everyone has on their computer to get these matter sorted so when the football return be in when ever all this matter are finished one way or the other.

Instead this potential points deduction, fine, what ever could be hanging over us for the next 12 months.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But that's what I am saying why when they are doing nothing, have no games or football.

Why are they not using the technology everyone has on their computer to get these matter sorted so when the football return be in when ever all this matter are finished one way or the other.

Instead this potential points deduction, fine, what ever could be hanging over us for the next 12 months.

I'm sure there's more to it than just jumping on a Zoom videoconference call

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Ya know it's going to be held in July right? 

• Haha 4

Maybe way off the mark here. But isnt the fact that we contested our punishment and it got sent off to a different body to set the punishment the reason for our delay and why we may wiggle out of it this season. As they cant do the process in the same way they are legally meant to.  

Is this case the same as ours? Do it go through the same legal channels.?

I dont know the answer just putting out a possible reason ours could be different as the EFL are not actually the ones that decide our punishment.