No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

Guest Grandad

I love it how assessing the facts and keeping an open mind is seen as "siding with the EFL"

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

If the EFL -  have an horrific track record in all aspects of the administration of the game. 

Ive just checked.

They were formed in 1904 and have never once been late in submitting their accounts

Just now, FroggattOwls said:

If the EFL claimed it was sunny outside i'd have to check. i don't understand why some of our fans are automatically siding with the most useless sports organisation in the world. This is the same organisation that let Bury go bust, and have an horrific track record in all aspects of the administration of the game. 

Because they look at the way Wednesday have been run I suppose which is a bit of a car crash.

The only thing that puts doubt in my mind was Chansiri saying we were in big bother re FFP unless something came along and then when the accounts were released they suggested that the bother had been solved by the ground sale which apparently pre-dated his statement that we were in bother. So the thing that came along pre-dated the bother that would only be solved if something came along. 

That's all a bit in the realms of Poirot and Columbo though so I am prepared to wait - but I don't buy there is any conspiracy or vendetta against Wednesday at all which means there may be a case to answer at least. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I have not seen one single post by one single person on here doing that.

Anyone quoting the ELF based on their horrific track record on the administration of the game over the past decade needs their heads checked. i know numerous people dislike chairman for various valid reasons. But honestly the EFL ? 

2 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Anyone quoting the ELF based on their horrific track record on the administration of the game over the past decade needs their heads checked. i know numerous people dislike chairman for various valid reasons. But honestly the EFL ? 

Quoting them doesn't mean you are siding with them over Sheffield Wednesday mate

Surely you don't believe it does?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

SWFC haven't been late in submitting their accounts. 

They were last year - even after the date change. Stating facts can be a dangerous business!

Edited by rickygoo

5 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

You can check for yourself the companies house website beta site is a free service but companies have 9 months after their year end to submit their accounts 31/07/2018 + 9 months = 30/04/2019 can you see the date below

image.png.e729a01ab5763aa7a41a323529019115.png

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They were last year - even after the date change. Stating facts can be a dangerous business!

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, FroggattOwls said:

If the EFL claimed it was sunny outside i'd have to check. i don't understand why some of our fans are automatically siding with the most useless sports organisation in the world. This is the same organisation that let Bury go bust, and have an horrific track record in all aspects of the administration of the game. 

That would be a good point, if in this case they weren't up against Dejphon Chansiri's SWFC. 

No score draw?

Edited by DJMortimer

20 hours ago, 0114 said:

Says only 4 clubs in the top 2 divisions have extended their accounts. Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Derby and ourselves. 

Be interested to know how many have July year ends? I believe most clubs accounts have a may year end and are filed by February.  Our year end is July so filing deadline at end of April, I'm sure a lot of companies with deadlines last month would have used the extension to be able to concentrate with more important issues of coping with a pandemic and sudden closure of an economy

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think what we're all learning here is that posting any articles, news or comments from anyone on Sheffield Wednesday is a pointless exercise now.

Instead what we should just do is post a new topic with just a name

So the thread title would be 'Dom Howson'

In the post you would just post 'Dom Howson' and then let everyone savage him in the thread

That's all this has turned into because the 'offended by the SWFC bashing' brigade will otherwise come along and ruin every single other thread you dare to post about Wednesday, but (and keep an eye out for this - it's very obvious in every thread)  won't EVER talk about what that person has actually said/written.

Instead they'll just savage the person/journo that said it.

That's what it's become

That's what has been going on regularly on here...change Dom Howson to DC/ Pelupessy /Monk...it's a vehicle for some people to get their bile out. That's why I posted that post about what should I choose as a topic which you took down. 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's what has been going on regularly on here...change Dom Howson to DC/ Pelupessy /Monk...it's a vehicle for some people to get their bile out. That's why I posted that post about what should I choose as a topic which you took down. 

I don't think you can equate the attacking of journalists and pundits to criticism of a player or manager mate

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think you have to accept that your entity is super organised and gets it done.

In another world I can promise you it is totally different and frankly more chaotic. 

And that is just in the accountants offices. So whilst I am starting to put together some 31 March accounts, 5 days ago I filed at 18.54 the 31 July accounts for one client I started at 15.34 the same day

I believe that although he may have resigned his directorship Wednesday still have an experienced financial controller/"director" whom I'm sure is more than capable of getting the work done to prepare the accounts in significantly less time than it seems to take the Board of Director to sign those accounts.

Edited by kobayashi

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you’re missing the point 

It details every single thread these days and just becomes about the pundit every single time

Thats why I’m so frustrated by it

Example - we now have two threads about our accounts and EFL charges ruined because people think it’s cool to slate Maguire instead

To quote someone on here "anyone who has a brain" can see that Maguire brought the negative comments on himself. Clearly the thread would be dead by now as, without the stupid reference to hiding, it said nothing. We would all have agreed they will make interesting reading.

He chose to spice it up with his insinuation that has no basis. Don't get why anyone would have a problem taking him to task on that

50 minutes ago, Triple O said:

To quote someone on here "anyone who has a brain" can see that Maguire brought the negative comments on himself. Clearly the thread would be dead by now as, without the stupid reference to hiding, it said nothing. We would all have agreed they will make interesting reading.

He chose to spice it up with his insinuation that has no basis. Don't get why anyone would have a problem taking him to task on that

Exactly.